• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Duality: 500lb squats

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Guys you should know by now that Duality will feverishly defend against any criticism you may have. Just give him "high fives" and "congrats" because that is what he responds to.
Naturally the best critiques come from the outside, but to Duality his critique on himself is better than what anyone else thinks or has to say... or he will have an excuse.

Great squats, weight wise Jason, but they look like your normal "Jason Squats". Still impressive as hell though, if you keep moving up at such a pace for much more you will be right up there with me.

dude you're just coming off as whiny and needlessly hating. every one of those reps were parallel. despite what you may believe, you yourself go to parallel. all your squats are legit and your form flawless, but you don't go lower than what you just saw. i don't know what else to tell you.

i'm not going to continue an argument here. it's pointless.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
dude you're just coming off as whiny and needlessly hating. every one of those reps were parallel. despite what you may believe, you yourself go to parallel. all your squats are legit and your form flawless, but you don't go lower than what you just saw. i don't know what else to tell you.

i'm not going to continue an argument here. it's pointless.

I am not whining or needlessly hating, I gave you your props. But I have higher standards for you and you know how I preach to you about it. They did look lower than normal, yes, but I want to eventually see you pewn 500 at the very least parallel or slightly below and for 10+.
I know you can do it, but again, don't reject criticism. It is your best tool to get an honest assessment and better yourself. :thumbsup2:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am not whining or needlessly hating, I gave you your props. But I have higher standards for you and you know how I preach to you about it. They did look lower than normal, yes, but I want to eventually see you pewn 500 at the very least parallel or slightly below and for 10+.
I know you can do it, but again, don't reject criticism. It is your best tool to get an honest assessment and better yourself. :thumbsup2:

i didn't reject any criticism here. like i said, going lower is something i will work towards. but to say my depth here wasn't that of an acceptable squat is untrue, that's all.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ahh. good post i wasn't aware of that. i'm not debating at all that ATG is harder and is more impressive, but all i'm saying is that these are legit squats as each rep is at parallel. but i hear you on the ATG squats. something for me to work on :thumbsup2:

word on the belts and wraps. i never use them on sets that are anything less than maximal effort.

like i said with tim. i agree with you guys that lower is better and it's something i can work towards :2: still though i think my reps were solid for a first effort at it
:2:

I don't know about ATG being more impressive. I was squatting 180kg for 8-10 when I switched over to the full ROM. The most I've done since is 165kg for 2-5(hammys to calves). That's a huge difference in weight. I'm definitely not going to be having 225kg on my shoulders anytime soon :bitenails:

What I do think though is that since my knee injury that I can do without the absolute biggest squat and take the full ROM. Less weight, less stress and it makes me concentrate harder on my form.

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Duality--> Those reps do not like they are done to parallel.
Congrats on the 500 though but I'd rather see some proper reps.

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't want to comment about the debth or the spotter, the only thing that matters is how do you feel about your effort? Did it work for you? How did the legs feel?

Good effort

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't want to comment about the debth or the spotter, the only thing that matters is how do you feel about your effort? Did it work for you? How did the legs feel?

Good effort

the spotter was black ( you know stereotype) his legs must be shaking. :borat:

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Man those squats (parallel or not, how the others are saying) are very heavy, props on that. As for you, i agree with someone's above question: if you felt those squats in your quads, and they worked well for you, that's what it matters after all. Congrats once again man, you look huge!

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Good effort

my spot (he's a great guy) told me after he's suprised i didn't go for 5. reason being is i usually go for a forced rep. but i felt great and my legs feel great. but i was pleased with it overall (my goal going into it was 4 reps).

Originally posted by tkD
Man those squats (parallel or not, how the others are saying) are very heavy, props on that. As for you, i agree with someone's above question: if you felt those squats in your quads, and they worked well for you, that's what it matters after all. Congrats once again man, you look huge!

thank you :headbang:

MarkoB

MarkoB

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I watched that on fecebook :thumbsup2: Great squats Duality

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
500lbs is a 500lbs.Good job bro.About the depth issue;ive seen worse,i would still call those squats:headbang:

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
just seen it now
congrats bro!
my legs current situation is a mess, i get pain when squating 4kg so i`m always impressed with squats.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
awesome man, awesome.
sooner or later 500s would be so damn easy you'll use em as warmups
keep it up man, also form? much better than i see anyone HERE trying more than 225 for squats
patheitc.., that form was grade A bro. keep it up.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^wut? proof! :keke:

Nice squats duality, i think you hit parallel, and for doing 500 lbs for the first time they were solid, i myself try to go ATG all the time but when u are the max set its hard so I only go to a bit bellow parallel if i feel i wont come up if i go all the way down

Solid man! keep it up!

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Nice squats Jason without a doubt. :xyxthumbs:
But dont you think you would get more out of it going deeper and a little lighter?

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^wut? proof! :keke:

Nice squats duality, i think you hit parallel, and for doing 500 lbs for the first time they were solid, i myself try to go ATG all the time but when u are the max set its hard so I only go to a bit bellow parallel if i feel i wont come up if i go all the way down

Solid man! keep it up!

i meant at my gym, lol sorry

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
pretty impressive duality. I am in awe of ur balls and strength. Your chest in the vid as well it looked bigger then the room!

Nissen

Nissen

Pause at 2:17-2:18, that IS parallel. there's no other way to describe it. If by breaking parallel you mean going below 90 degrees then you're right, but my legs were at 90 degrees. i'm not going to address this anymore.

LOL!

I can think of at least one other way to describe it: Quarter squats.

Since you seem co be confused about the concept of parallel, it would be helpful if you could post your definition of parallel.

Or maybe just write what it is that you think your squats are parallel to. Perhaps it is your left leg compared to your right leg? 'Cause it is certainly not the floor.

I can already now reveal to you, that squatting to parallel does not have to involve the angle at the knee joint in any way - and most certainly not in any way that justifies equalling 90 degrees at the knee to parallel.

justrelaxin

justrelaxin

Nice lift. Also heard too much sounds of trying to be Ronnie:doh: But nice lift tho

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
LOL!

I can think of at least one other way to describe it: Quarter squats.

Since you seem co be confused about the concept of parallel, it would be helpful if you could post your definition of parallel.

Or maybe just write what it is that you think your squats are parallel to. Perhaps it is your left leg compared to your right leg? 'Cause it is certainly not the floor.

I can already now reveal to you, that squatting to parallel does not have to involve the angle at the knee joint in any way - and most certainly not in any way that justifies equalling 90 degrees at the knee to parallel.

Repped!