• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Duality: 500lb squats

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey, its better squats that I have done in the past year or more. I haven't done legs in about a year but my knees feel 10000x's better and I don't hate moving. 500 lbs on your back going that low is still impressive in my eyes for anyone. Keep it up.

Sure you can debate how low you go, at the end of the day are your legs growing? Then its fine by me.

P

PiC

that definetly is not a corect form. full range of motion.u barelly reached the 90 degree mark.ur strong but if u are bodybuilding stop lifting that heavy.use the corect form.why not go 400 lbs and do more reps and a correct form?

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Red= parallel

Blue= Duality

260d1tc-1.jpg

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ :49: you drew a line right thru my leg! that's a joke.

typical responses from the typical people. guys like tim gave helpful advice as well as a intelligent feedback. i await miami's negative feedback and probably one more post by JB telling me how much i suck :thumbsup2:

i'm open to advice (see tim's response), but if you're going to just be jackasses, see your way out of my thread. kthanx. just to clarify for the ones who want to be asses; this was my FIRST attempt at ever doing it, i went VERY hard, and someone got it on video, and i was proud of it, so i posted it to share on MM, if you want to be an asshole or a jerk about how i could have gone a little lower, GTFO. i'm aware of it. it still was a good set and worth sharing.

thank you for the comments DA, Lion, PV, BigPimp, and Pickle

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think that it was a very impressive set especially considering that it was your first time attempting it and u got 4 reps!!....Honestly man if your happy with the set then that is all that matters!
I've read all of the responses....
I don't understand why ppl have to always criticize someones form, if that is the way you want to squat 500lbs then great, awesome set!!!
Now i def. don't agree that you hit parallel as you said, so if your striving 2 hit parallel then everyones advice is fantastic! But if your not then who cares!! I personally do not squat to parallel mainly because my bad knee hurts once i get past a certain depth but even if it didn't hurt i still wouldn't go to exactly parallel becuz of personal preference :tiphat:

P

PiC

whats to be happy about??? 4 reps?? u almost got injured not to mention the pressure on ur joints..and u are saying about ironslave that he draw a line in ur leg.and thats corect by the way.u said that we should comment and now u say that our comments are not good. thats a powerlifting squat.what to prove? if u want to prove that u are strong, u did prove it but u also proved u are stupid...u are getting ready for a bodybuilding contest with that kind of training? that kind of incorect movement and weight..congrats on ur strengh.and dont be mad that we comment.when u post a video or picture u post it to be commented,negative or positive.

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well... The red line should be parallel to the safety bar which takes even more away from the depth. And those wraps probably lift 100lbs for you.

Labeling this as 500lbs squats is simply misleading in my book. They're more like '500lbs wrapped quarter squats'.

And what is up with all the back-padding? It's getting a little silly... 'if you fell good about them' my arse :)

Do it right or learn

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
awesome Duality, i never knew you were this strong.. props to you my boy.

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

You do know that the line "thru your leg" is supposed to be down where the red line is in order for your squat to even be consideret remotely parallel, right?

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

typical responses from the typical people. guys like tim gave helpful advice as well as a intelligent feedback. i await miami's negative feedback and probably one more post by JB telling me how much i suck :thumbsup2:

i'm open to advice (see tim's response), but if you're going to just be jackasses, see your way out of my thread. kthanx. just to clarify for the ones who want to be asses; this was my FIRST attempt at ever doing it, i went VERY hard, and someone got it on video, and i was proud of it, so i posted it to share on MM, if you want to be an asshole or a jerk about how i could have gone a little lower, GTFO. i'm aware of it. it still was a good set and worth sharing.

Read my first post in the thread. I complimented you, it's a damn good lift, especially since you're so young, but i'm just demonstrating that you did not squat to parallel, that's all.

You do know that the line "thru your leg" is supposed to be down where the red line is in order for your squat to even be consideret remotely parallel, right?

Exactly, that is why I drew the lines like this (and Tunen is right, I could have angled the red line down a little tiny bit further). Lighten the load a tiny bit, and try and squat deeper.

But make no mistake, a 400lb deep squat is an impressive feat

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
MarkoB

MarkoB

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

:thumbsup2:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Some of these comments are a bit too negative.
Knee wraps do not help you squat 100lbs more, but they do help. I myself have had knee surgery and use it for weights above 405 due to that fact. If I do not feel the pain in my knee I focus 100% on my set rather than my knee.
Squatting 500 for four is not a "bodybuilding" set/workout, but you get stronger by attempting new weights and eventually work up in reps. Because afterall, resistance is what induces hypertrophy. You have to move up somehow. :wutyousay:
I agree that he could have gone a bit lower, but this is actually how he squats and his legs are quite impressive. So lets not try to belittle him because of this technicality, it can be done in a more respectful manor.

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^^ i dont' know why ppl are so negative, i defiantly do not agree with duality as far as his reps being parallel becuz they are not but i still think that it was a great lift......as for knee wraps i would never go to 405 or especially over without wrapping my knees, i use it as a safety precaution and for the extra balance....

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well... The red line should be parallel to the safety bar which takes even more away from the depth. And those wraps probably lift 100lbs for you.

Labeling this as 500lbs squats is simply misleading in my book. They're more like '500lbs wrapped quarter squats'.

And what is up with all the back-padding? It's getting a little silly... 'if you fell good about them' my arse :)

Do it right or learn

:49:

you're a tool. get out of my thread.

oh and i got quite a hearty LOL at your misguided knee wrap comment. it's obvious you know what you're talking about :footmouth:

Originally posted by Braaq
Some of these comments are a bit too negative.
Knee wraps do not help you squat 100lbs more, but they do help. I myself have had knee surgery and use it for weights above 405 due to that fact. If I do not feel the pain in my knee I focus 100% on my set rather than my knee.
Squatting 500 for four is not a "bodybuilding" set/workout, but you get stronger by attempting new weights and eventually work up in reps. Because afterall, resistance is what induces hypertrophy. You have to move up somehow.
I agree that he could have gone a bit lower, but this is actually how he squats and his legs are quite impressive. So lets not try to belittle him because of this technicality, it can be done in a more respectful manor.

thank you blake. all this is is a first attempt at weight i've never tried before that i'm proud of. your assesments on my form are usually always accurate, i just didn't like what you put in your first post here and that's why i addressed that over your critique of the depth.

i like how some of the older ones who can't even do my paltry "knee wrapped quarter squats" are getting all insulting. it's cute.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey, its better squats that I have done in the past year or more. I haven't done legs in about a year but my knees feel 10000x's better and I don't hate moving. 500 lbs on your back going that low is still impressive in my eyes for anyone. Keep it up.

Sure you can debate how low you go, at the end of the day are your legs growing? Then its fine by me.

so far so good ya. the depth i go to feels most comfortable for myself currently (kind of what turkish alluded to with himself). going lower is something i'm going to put a lot of focus on when i finish my show. for the time being though this style is working very well for me.

Originally posted by Daniel Andersson
Nice squats Jason without a doubt.
But dont you think you would get more out of it going deeper and a little lighter?

in terms of growth and development, no doubt. this was done as a test of my strength levels (as apparent by me adding the 2 1/2ers to the bar :keke:) i rarely do sets this low in reps. this was more of a powerlifting set than a bbing one. but yes dude you're right

Originally posted by SerbMarko
awesome Duality, i never knew you were this strong.. props to you my boy.

thanks serb

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good job duality ! looking good there..look like you just made the 90 degrees..

did you actually tried to wrap over and under your kneecap without wrapping the cap itself? i feel like i can move more weight if i leave the cap free.. oh and i never saw somebody starting to wrap from the bottom to the top but hey what works works right?

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good job duality ! looking good there..look like you just made the 90 degrees..

did you actually tried to wrap over and under your kneecap without wrapping the cap itself? i feel like i can move more weight if i leave the cap free.. oh and i never saw somebody starting to wrap from the bottom to the top but hey what works works right?

wow, i'm very taken aback (i thought you were going to bash me). thank you miami. i know i hit the 90 mark, it's apparent in the vid whether or not people want to admit to it. no sleep will be lost on my part! but thanks for the comment dude :headbang:

and i always wrap the cap. i start from bottom to top (like you observed) and when i wrap the cap, i flex my quad while doing so so the cap feels in place. it feels more "locked in" for some reason when i do this. i got these wraps for my 20th birthday in september. they're inzer pro wrap Z's.

mexiFRO

mexiFRO

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sure they aren't the "deepest" squats but nonetheless its impressive IMO. Great work!

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wow, i'm very taken aback (i thought you were going to bash me). thank you miami. i know i hit the 90 mark, it's apparent in the vid whether or not people want to admit to it. no sleep will be lost on my part! but thanks for the comment dude :headbang:

and i always wrap the cap. i start from bottom to top (like you observed) and when i wrap the cap, i flex my quad while doing so so the cap feels in place. it feels more "locked in" for some reason when i do this. i got these wraps for my 20th birthday in september. they're inzer pro wrap Z's.

haha well im not always a bad ass :spy: gonna try that next leg session, i just bought some cheap ass wraps from fitness resource for 10 bucks.. they work pretty good and do there job :borat: lulz you are 3 month older than me :spy:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
haha well im not always a bad ass :spy: gonna try that next leg session, i just bought some cheap ass wraps from fitness resource for 10 bucks.. they work pretty good and do there job :borat: lulz you are 3 month older than me :spy:

ya man i like wrapping the knee cap like that. i've tried it many different ways and that's the way that's felt best for me. give it a go though and see how you like it.

and dude if you can, i would go the online route and get some legit knee wraps. i've used the cheaper ones and thought they worked until i was given a pair used by an ex olympic lifter who was retired and said i'd put them to better use. what a difference. they feel much more comfortable and supportive than the cheaper ones (i'm betting the rubber band density is much higher in the higher quality ones). i believe mine were roughly $30 from inzer.com. also one of the sponsors here, prowriststraps.com, sells some really nice ones by the look of them.

they're really worth the money dude. all knee wraps are not created equal lol