• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

24 US soldiers committed suicide in January

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/02/05/army.suicides/index.html

Story Highlights
  • Two dozen soldiers believed to have killed themselves in January, official says
  • The number of likely suicides more than those killed in combat last month
  • Army psychologist says long, cold months of winter might have contributed to spike
  • Army takes rare step of releasing figures for month rather than waiting till end of year

The Army said 24 soldiers are believed to have committed suicide in January alone -- six times as many as killed themselves in January 2008, according to statistics released Thursday.

6zpp9w-1.jpg

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wow thats crazy.

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this war should end as soon as possible, too many people dieing for no reason :no:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That is fucked up, i agree Adam.
this war is taking its toll, financially, psychologically, family wise etc
damn it..

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
War? .... we are at war..as in we are in combative contest with a nation of nearly equal military proportions.... since when?

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Agreed it's more like... how to put it a bully beating the shit out of a little kid that knocked over his tower, then beating the shit out of people that live around him cause they might have had something to do with it.

P

Pain

VIP
Any soldier showing signs of weakness mentally should be relieved of his duty. Its no worse than having a 1 legged soldier on the battlefield.

They shouldn't be pushed to the point where they want to commit suicide. Its inhuman.

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Any soldier showing signs of weakness mentally should be relieved of his duty. Its no worse than having a 1 legged soldier on the battlefield.

They shouldn't be pushed to the point where they want to commit suicide. Its inhuman.

agreed but their leaders don't care.soldiers are disposable for them

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
just wait until the troops from Afghanistan and Iraq come home to a country in recession. When the troops come home and can't get jobs and realize their government no longer has use for them, the suicides & drug abuse will sky rocket.

It will be much worse than Vietnam.

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
just wait until the troops from Afghanistan and Iraq come home to a country in recession. When the troops come home and can't get jobs and realize their government no longer has use for them, the suicides & drug abuse will sky rocket.

It will be much worse than Vietnam.
exactly :thumbsup2: the government dont give a shit about the troops.