• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Senate passes $838 billion "stimulus"

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Anybody else finding it difficult to keep track of all the trillions of dollars in bailouts/stimulus'?

The U.S. Senate passed an $838 billion US economic stimulus bill on Tuesday, moving it one step closer to landing on President Barack Obama's desk.

The bill passed in the Senate by a vote of 61-37.

The Senate and the House of Representatives must now negotiate on a single bill to send to Obama.

The House's version of the bill has a price tag of $819 billion US.

Obama hailed the passage of the bill as "good news." He spent Monday and Tuesday urging lawmakers to get the economic stimulus bill through Congress quickly.

Obama wants a finished bill by the weekend.

us-bailout.jpg

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well I have some dollars in my wallet, guess I will use them to wipe my ass since that is pretty much how much they will be worth by the end of the year :doh:

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
I think we'll actually get to the point where the government can't even afford to print more money.

Soon enough, the only people in the US who will have jobs are the people who work for the Bureau of Engraving and Printing. (the people that physically produce the paper currency)

lol.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Oh yay, like it wasn't going to happen. this is epic.

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Weird, that article didn't include the words, "swiftly" and "bold"

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok ironslave I need your wisdom here cause this isn't my field of expertise... okay so they get the stimulus package...since we are broke from us... the tax payers... and they are going to in turn give it to....us the tax payers right?

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Those figures are mind-boggling!
You guys should see them in swedish kronor....its looks even worse...$1 is 8.13 swedish kr
So thats

6 808 750 000 000 swedish kr!!

Im not following this at all, just because it sickens me...but this wasn't the first one either right?

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok ironslave I need your wisdom here cause this isn't my field of expertise... okay so they get the stimulus package...since we are broke from us... the tax payers... and they are going to in turn give it to....us the tax payers right?

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I looked and googled and googled and looked but I cannot find a face palm pic bad enough to describe my dismay at this.

This is Not Epic but Biblical Fail.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^

Holy crap, that's awful the way it went down.... oh well, at least we can laugh and say "told you so."