• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Longest time away from weights

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My immediate response to this thread was that the TS isn't too badly off and getting depressed is just ridiculous.

I didn't have it quite as bad as DA, but I did do my knee playing footy and tore the ACL, grade 2 PCL and MCL as well as having a partial menisectomy. I couldn't walk for 3-4months. My affected leg atrophied away to nothing and my good leg lost a lot of size. Lost something in the order of 10kg in the space of about 6-9 weeks. To get back to serious training it was a long time and several years until my strength was back to pre-injury levels (knee is still not 100%).

So pretty much the thing to take away from layoff or injury is that you have more impetus and clearer goals to achieve. This shouldn't be depressing, it should be highly motivating. You know exactly what you have lost and you know exactly what you have to achieve and that it is a realistic goal.

madakira

madakira

I see so many ppl wondering how i can get that big and what im taking.. i just grin some at them and tells them how important ur diet etc is, and then i ad that they should look and compare the intesity of their lifting compared to mine, i can proudly say i dont see anyone at my gym at who trains with the same intensity and heavy reps that i do. some ppl seem to think just standing on the gym floor will make u big, kinda funny. How tall are u btw ?

I have a lot of people asking me how I got so strong. I am not a huge guy. I am 5'9 and about 175, but I was benching the 120's and 130.s with ease for reps, and I was shoulder pressing 80's and 90's for low reps (6-8). I also did dips for reps with 3 plates and chins with a plate and a 25. My shoulders and back made me look bigger than I was.

madakira

madakira

My immediate response to this thread was that the TS isn't too badly off and getting depressed is just ridiculous.
I am not literally depressed. I just kind of used it as a figure of speech. Sure I feel a little weird when I have lots of guys asking what happened to me and stuff, but I just take it with a grain of salt. I was mainly just looking for any unique methods people are using to get motivated:gaysign:

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
2 years...work and school was the cause. :no:

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Should come up with a better story for an injury like that. Ask miam for one.

I think the longest I went without working out was 2 weeks a few years ago.

Already have :bitelip:

Would you rahter have me writing "I fell on my way to the fridge"?

:D

P

Pain

VIP
Already have :bitelip:

Would you rahter have me writing "I fell on my way to the fridge"?

:D

I'd rather you say you got into a fight with a crocodile while bench pressing 500lbs. A sure hit with the ladies if you tell them that.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I'd rather you say you got into a fight with a crocodile while bench pressing 500lbs. A sure hit with the ladies if you tell them that.

The croc wouldn't have a chance :bball:

F

Freakzilla

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wait until you guys have children and see how much gym time you have...lol.

Freak:borat:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
1.5-2 years. Work/uni/moving was the cause. I'm reaching my previous level now after 7-8 months.
It comes back way faster than the first time.

V

vdawg

been 3 months so far, royally fucked up my wrist at the start of january hitting the bag. i swear i have a compression fracture but the doc didnt want to do xrays and his advice was that it will heal in 3 to 4 days, fuck its been 3 months and still sore. im now struggling with alcohol. instead of actually trying to get back into training slowly even with a sore wrist. id just rather get drunk.

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Poor vdawg:(
2 weeks for me once a year