• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Did Vic Richards ever compete?

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yup:

1982 American Cup 2nd
1983 Teen Los Angeles 1st
1984 California Gold Cup Classic 1st
1989 Mr. Barbados 1st
1992 Nigerian Championships Overall, 1st

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He owned his pro card in his last contest and he never competed again.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
He owned his pro card in his last contest and he never competed again.

wonder why?

he had a bright future in front of him.

He's comeback is talked for years..

I heard he was trying the 202 division..

Ingar

Ingar

I remember him talking about how bodybuilding for him was about personal development and fun, that he didn't want to degrade his personal affection for training by competing against other people.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wonder why?

he had a bright future in front of him.

He's comeback is talked for years..

I heard he was trying the 202 division..

I heard he disagreed with BB politics... who knows...

202 division? LOL. The heaviest BB ever competing at that weight? :bitenails:

A

aunola

He is damn big! And if that's true that he weighted 330lbs on stage. It's just unbeliavable.. Considering that Coleman weights on stage about 300lbs. And Coleman is little bit taller too.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Victor_Richards_photo46-1.jpg

superfreak.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's just amazing how things turned on. I bet he could have owned anyone... he was just a supermassive dude.

P

power

It's just amazing how things turned on. I bet he could have owned anyone... he was just a supermassive dude.

I listened to an interview he gave on MD, and the man sounded insane. My opinion is he didn’t compete because he didn’t want to take the risk or he suspected he would get his ass handed to him, he was all hype. :bball:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It doesn't matter if he couldn't handle 330lbs onstage. Just think about him being 315lbs... ripped, shreeded, massive and with Shawn Ray's waist. AMAZING.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
that´s about sums it up... everybody who doesn´t know and have seen some good shots of him says his soooo huge but in shredded (maybe 240-260 lbs) i dont think he would have done so much damage on stage...

even if that were true 260lbs at 5'8 in the mid 1980s early 1990s was still the biggest thing anyone had ever seen. One of my buddies hes an older guy won the mr illinois in the 1980s he said when he met vic richards it was like nothing anyone at that time had ever seen, he was so huge for his era. lightyears ahead of the others

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Vic Vs Dorian was the battle everyone wanted, would have been nice to have seen

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It did happen at the FIBO and vic dwarfed the SH*T out of dorian. at least off season style. Go about a 1:20 in and dorian and vic pose w one another. from the front vic destroys his they never turn around but looking at vic back from earlier in the vid dorian has him but a lot in the back, but vic is j dominating the legs and almost everything else.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Couple of things
1-Victor was probably born 202 pounds so I seriousely doubt he would be able to compete in that div

2- He and Dorian did step on stage TOGETHER during a guest appearence in Germany and Off-season Victor was easily bigger and thicker than Off-season Dorian... and was in a very decent shape too

Attachments

• !Victor_Richards_001.jpg
    !Victor_Richards_001.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 492
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
His legs were even bigger than Coleman's.... wow... what a freak!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Vic had the will and ability up until he had to compete with the pros.

There was an article (BB.com I think) were he discussed winning his pro card and the show where he decided to give up competing. Basically it was meant to be this big deal that he win his show and get his pro card and all the endorsements. What he walked away with was a crappy trophy that broke before he got it in the car, a little bit of money that barely covered the last few months food bills and no word on proper endorsements. So he decided he hated competing and BBing politics and ass kissing. Now he just trains and lifts for himself.

If he had the desire he could have quite easily been the biggest yet smallest waisted BBer we've ever seen. But then again I'm sure there is a few guys out there who have never even thought of competing that could dominate if only they decided to and put the effort in. Shoulda-woulda-coulda.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Victor_Richards_photo7-1.jpg

Victor_Richards_photo66-1.jpg

Victor_Richards_photo58-1.jpg

Victor_Richards_photo51-1.jpg

Victor_Richards_photo27-1.jpg

Victor_Richards_photo25-1.jpg

Scary part is, what if he didn't stop training to compete? Kinda reminds me of Lou Ferrigno, in a way. Vic stopped way short of his potential.