• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Hidetada Yamagishi - Leg training !

kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
At least they aren't 4 inch squats. I've seen them before.

G

geijjo

Yeah i totally agree that rookies should squat "ass to grass" style like i do but when we are talking about pro bbers who have perfect knowlegde from their personally limits/constraint so why they should take a risk and squat deep just because of some anonymous on internet? For someones' anatomy that may be bigger risk than "half squat". When bulkboy was talking about going all way down that may work for you but contrasting "regular trainers" and pro bbers workout it's more different world that more further we go. Srry about my english but i had to say that.

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah i totally agree that rookies should squat "ass to grass" style like i do but when we are talking about pro bbers who have perfect knowlegde from their personally limits/constraint so why they should take a risk and squat deep just because of some anonymous on internet?
Not just for us but for yourself. It is proven that it's more pleasant to your knees to squat deep rather than doing something like 1/4 squats.

Actually, why would there be a bigger risk at all if you squat deep vs. squat only half way...

But after all...I don't even care. Everyone can do what they want but if you ask me, I'm always gonna suggest you to go all the way.

:gaysign:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Man, clearly I have it all wrong. I need to start bringing my ego into squatting so that I too can have a small ROM, a 550 squat and huge legs.

Or I could squat properly :spy:

kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've always used to squat ass to grass but I've come to realize they're the reason my legs haven't been growing.
Everyone has it different for themself. Personally, ass to grass squats don't do shit for me so I've been doing parallel and a little over parallel squats. My legs have been improving ever since.
Just because it's the preferred form doesn't mean it's like that for everyone.
And he's a bodybuilder, not a powerlifter. It's more important to do what works best for you. Maybe ATG squats don't do shit for him either.
And I've also found that ATG squats puts strain on my hip bones as well and gives a very uncomfortable feeling. Never had a problem with the knees, though.

Besides, he has great quads so what's the problem?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Largest force moment occurs when the knee is at it's most vulnerable when you squat to anything less than thighs parrallel.

Squat depth should be determined by your mobility first.

As for development of the thighs, I've found the opposite. Besides mass is related to hard training and eating as much as any exercise. Squat full ROM and you tend to have to squat properly and tend to take some of the stressors off the knee (partly better form, partly lower weight).

jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've always used to squat ass to grass but I've come to realize they're the reason my legs haven't been growing.
Everyone has it different for themself. Personally, ass to grass squats don't do shit for me so I've been doing parallel and a little over parallel squats. My legs have been improving ever since.
Just because it's the preferred form doesn't mean it's like that for everyone.
And he's a bodybuilder, not a powerlifter. It's more important to do what works best for you. Maybe ATG squats don't do shit for him either.
And I've also found that ATG squats puts strain on my hip bones as well and gives a very uncomfortable feeling. Never had a problem with the knees, though.

Besides, he has great quads so what's the problem?

exactly, I have had the same experience.

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I just don't want to believe that only one movement has anything to do with quad development. Not if you squat full ROM or just partial ROM. And that was not the point. The point was actually what is smart to do. That thing what tim said about the force moment is so true.

So, save your knees and squat full ROM. But, full ROM is not always the best thing to do. For example leg press. It's hard to go all the way down without your lower back starting to arc. If you have this kinda problem when squatting, you're having flexibility issues.

Now, STFU and SQUAT.

:icon_ninja:

kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I just don't want to believe that only one movement has anything to do with quad development. Not if you squat full ROM or just partial ROM. And that was not the point. The point was actually what is smart to do. That thing what tim said about the force moment is so true.

So, save your knees and squat full ROM. But, full ROM is not always the best thing to do. For example leg press. It's hard to go all the way down without your lower back starting to arc. If you have this kinda problem when squatting, you're having flexibility issues.

Now, STFU and SQUAT.

:icon_ninja:
That is true but why have to bother bodybuilders about everything they do? They take so much steroids and yet everyone is making a point about their form that is going to harm their health. They'll do what it takes to get to the top and have to go through some risks to get there.

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That is true but why have to bother bodybuilders about everything they do? They take so much steroids and yet everyone is making a point about their form that is going to harm their health. They'll do what it takes to get to the top and have to go through some risks to get there.
That's also so true. Do what you do but pay the consequences.

But I personally wasn't talking about Hide only but people in general.

I think this is pretty much concidered now. :thumbsup2:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i dont know why everybody is bitching about jasons squats.. they looked aiight to me.. he hit them parallel so whats up with all this hating man

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i dont know why everybody is bitching about jasons squats.. they looked aiight to me.. he hit them parallel so whats up with all this hating man

it's just that.....hating. it's what happens when you're 20 and post something that makes some of the older members feel insecure. i'm happy with the vid, i have deadlifting and incline bb vids i'll put up when i get the footage :thumbsup2:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I usually do 1/2 or 1/3 most of the time, weak knees even with wraps on,i guess that has to do when blocking our store, kneeling down on concrete floor all the time, i havent noticed a difference from ATG to 1/2 or 1/3, legs still grow, but less pressure/pain on knees.

bangbang

bangbang

i think these vids are old. i've seen these on youtube before a while back before he started working with milos.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
it's just that.....hating. it's what happens when you're 20 and post something that makes some of the older members feel insecure. i'm happy with the vid, i have deadlifting and incline bb vids i'll put up when i get the footage :thumbsup2:

yea i guess thats what it is.. can't wait to see your new vids bro :thumbsup2:

i gotta do some too man.. i just keep forgetting it..

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
it's what happens when you're 20 and post something that makes some of the older members feel insecure. :thumbsup2:

Insecure about what exactly? :dunnodude:

i'm happy with the vid, i have deadlifting and incline bb vids i'll put up when i get the footage

:borat:

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Aren't insecure people the ones that squat 1/2 reps?

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Aren't insecure people the ones that squat 1/2 reps?

:49: :49: :49:

you, and a select group of members on here, are pathetic. i was absent from mecca for about 5 days, came back, checked out a thread, and saw even MORE shit talking going on about something i posted what......3 months ago? trying to contribute to the fucking forum. you morons that say they are "half reps" are just that. sorry :tiphat: there's a PB thread in here where people just talk about there personal best, i put up a vid. and, i don't know, maybe 8 members decided to freaking flame me! HA! let's see all you experienced, knowledgeable, all grown up lifters do even close to what i did. ya......didn't think so (for even more fun, let's compare what all of you lifted at 20 years old! LOL) either put up a vid, or shut your mouth :yarly: to put it absolutely as nicely as possible :gaysign:

:io: