• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Will Lee Haney & Ronnie Coleman Mr Olympia's Record ever be broken?

curtisymoo

curtisymoo

l o l.

yes possible, not for a long time.

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Who ever thought Arnold's record would ever be broken

My answer is thus, not likely, but possible!

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I reckon Phil has the potential to take a few consecutive Olympias.... But I agree that judging is changing, so it would be very hard for anyone to equal the record let alone break it.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Yes it could be done, but who knows when and who will win them 8 or more?

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I hope it will never be broken.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think Phil may get close like 6 maybe even seven.
He has alot of factors going him his physique, symmetry, youth and will. He can go far in this sport and have plenty of time to do it, my only downer for him is politics.. I doubt these judges will allow one man to hold the spotlight for 9 times no matter how much he deserves it.

imo.

jsfitnessking

jsfitnessking

i doubt ill live to see that happening. and im only 23.
there are plenty of young guys now that have the potential. but, like some people have said, i doubt judges these days will allow it.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I say Turk.

he pewned Darrem has a Natural, so..

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Phil or Dennis. Both young and with much potential.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't believe Wolf can be a multiple Olympia winner.

He's huge, he has a lot of potential, but his back needs a lot of work.

Phil would win more than once the Olympia, more likely.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Bodybuilding being a young sport (and more specifically the Olympia being an even younger contest), I'd be inclined to say it's only logical that it'll eventually be broken. However, because we're more fitness obsessed as a culture than before (regardless of national and international obesity rates), methinks the depth of competition will only improve, making the IFBB less streaky and star-oriented than it was. Of course, this assumes a lot of other issues such as bodybuilding's popularity, the ongoing stigma of steroid use and how that will play out in the next twenty years, and so on. So, to answer your question, I have no idea.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't believe Wolf can be a multiple Olympia winner.

He's huge, he has a lot of potential, but his back needs a lot of work.

Phil would win more than once the Olympia, more likely.

Agreed... Dennis has great structure, but he's never lean enough... (and trains like a
riaa-1.gif
)

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
maybe in your dreams Phil will

Saying flat out that Phil has no chance to win an Olympia crown is stupid. You don't get 3rd place (and deserve) second because you're crap. Of the up and coming elite bb'ers he probably has the most potential of all.

B

Batmanx007

Do you think anyone can can beat it?
I do think it will happen. When Arnold finally retired no one thought his record would be broken, when Haney broke it, no one thought his new record would be approached. I think some young genetic freak, like The Gift has the strongest shot at the record right now, that's not to say what'll happen 10, 20, or 30 years from now. Phil already has more pro wins, than a lot of pros who have been competing professionally for 2 or 3 times as long as he has. He's young enough, gifted enough, and genetic enough to do it, all before the age of 40. Dexter, Jay, Tony, and possibly Vic might be a little too old, considering father time always wins. Dennis Wolf is also a possibility among the majors who could possibly do it. Kai may be young enough, but I think he'll continue to mess up his symmetry, and physique chasing size. If height weren't a consideration, David Henry could possibly be mentioned, but in reality, he's just too short. Kevin English is also too short, and there's always some little tweak with Silvio that keeps him out. He(Silvio) might be too short as well(he's kind of borderline)