• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Ronnie's surgery?

P

Pain

VIP
I disagree. Ronnie is... just because you CAN'T think on anybody who could beat Ronnie Coleman in his prime (98,99,ASC01, 03... etc). He the fucking best bb ever, no contest.

Dorian 92, 93, smokes Lee Haney aaaaaaaaall the way. Ronnie's 99 smokes everybody, hands down, game over.

You missed my point. All great champions know when their time is up. Ronnie's time has passed. If he competes, all he'll be doing his paying fan service. He can't compete with todays guys with his injuries.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When Michael Jordan came back for the 2nd time did we really want him to come back? Absolutely not, we wanted to remember him for the MJ that he was, not some washed up 40 year old man playing ball or trying to.

Coleman needs to hang up his posing trunks for good.

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That doesn't mean that it's not something aging professional bodybuilders should follow as well.

If Ronnie has nothing to live for besides bodybuilding, then I pity him. But the good news is that he does, so he can live without competing. Ergo, this doesn't entirely work.

I am sure he has plenty of things to live for besides bodybuilding, but if the man's passion is to do this would you have him give it up? I agree that putting his health at risk is not ideal, and my statement was only half meant as being literal. It was half a joke.

If his greatest passion is still the gym and stage he should still be at it. If he still thinks he has something left in the tank who are we to tell him to stop? If it were me I would have called it in, but I don't have the same passion for it as he does. He has to "leave it all on the field" so to speak, or else he will always regret not giving it one last go. A champion athlete like him has a will and desire most of us will never understand, its not something you can turn off overnight.

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ryeland, would you rather remember Ronnie in his prime or the way he is now? Theres a reason why Lee Haney is questionable the greatest Mr.Olympia living, he left when he had nothing else to prove.

I would love it if Ronnie were still on '03 ass kickin form, I would prefer that he not tarnish his reputation, but this isn't about what I want. I personally will never forget the domination Ronnie handed out for all the good years.

Would Lee have tapped out at 8 if someone before him had already gotten 8? I think he would have tried for 9.

P

Pweezy10

I am so excited to see him come back.. its like when Arnold returned in 1980.. hes coming back to take it!!

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this will always and forever be ronnie coleman to me

no one else comes even close. and that includes lee haney. i don't care that they won the same title the same amount of times, ronnie was absolutely untouchable and unreal.

jwill0214

jwill0214

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^^Great Video.. He really was the best ever. I almost forgot what he looked like at his prime but that video reminded me.

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

no one else comes even close. and that includes lee haney. i don't care that they won the same title the same amount of times, ronnie was absolutely untouchable and unreal.
HAIL TO THE KING.No one's like Ronnie.Despite realism, what a dream would be he totally recovers for 2010 and takes the 9th one.Video maked me cry.

P

Pain

VIP
what a dream would be he totally recovers for 2010 and takes the 9th one.Video maked me cry.

Do people not understand a muscle tear can never be repaired to look like it was before the tear? Ronnie will never look like the old Ronnie again, ever. Get over it people, The Ronnie era is over. Sad but true. Pro bbing has kinda been dull without Ronnie around.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i dont see why you talk about why is sad that all he has to live for is bodybuilding....

Lets take a look at normal people... what do they have to live for that ronnie doesnt?
nothing
infact ronnie has something they dont have... bodybuilding..
whats so wonderful about working till your old and withered while occasionally having a nice time with friends et.., then enjoying your bad health and wrinkled scrotum-like wife

that is basically everyones life in a nutshell

ronnie has a family, hes got children, hes got a degree, hes got money.... apart from the obvious physical differences.. if anything its said that regular people have nothing to live for.. just working then retiring and become a burden on society(cough worsening dependency ratio cough)

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
P

Pain

VIP
i dont see why you talk about why is sad that all he has to live for is bodybuilding....

Lets take a look at normal people... what do they have to live for that ronnie doesnt?
nothing
infact ronnie has something they dont have... bodybuilding..
whats so wonderful about working till your old and withered while occasionally having a nice time with friends et.., then enjoying your bad health and wrinkled scrotum-like wife

that is basically everyones life in a nutshell

ronnie has a family, hes got children, hes got a degree, hes got money.... apart from the obvious physical differences.. if anything its said that regular people have nothing to live for.. just working then retiring and become a burden on society(cough worsening dependency ratio cough)

What the hell are you talking about? Do you not understand the amount of stress competing for 20 years has put on Ronnie's body? He can't compete at the level he used to anymore. I'm sure he'll still show up and look like a freak.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What the hell are you talking about? Do you not understand the amount of stress competing for 20 years has put on Ronnie's body? He can't compete at the level he used to anymore.

i was refering to the people who said its sad that all he has to live for is BBing... i wasnt refering to what you said and yes i agree with what you said but it has nothing to do with what i said.

You seem to be refering to the competing part of BBing whilst i am refering to the Lifestyle of BBing.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I am sure he has plenty of things to live for besides bodybuilding, but if the man's passion is to do this would you have him give it up? I agree that putting his health at risk is not ideal, and my statement was only half meant as being literal. It was half a joke.

If his greatest passion is still the gym and stage he should still be at it. If he still thinks he has something left in the tank who are we to tell him to stop? If it were me I would have called it in, but I don't have the same passion for it as he does. He has to "leave it all on the field" so to speak, or else he will always regret not giving it one last go. A champion athlete like him has a will and desire most of us will never understand, its not something you can turn off overnight.
Always regret not giving it one last go? Seriously? He has nothing to prove and if he thinks he either A) has something to prove, or B) can prove this imaginary thing that he thinks he can prove even though he really doesn't have to -- he's delusional. I realize he has a passion for the sport but what do you think this passion is derived from? I'm willing to bet that his vocal fanbase, the thrill of competition, and the glory of being able to do something that so few can would be a big part of it. Still, think of how his fans will react to seeing him go out there and looking terrible which, from where I stand, is a sad truth. Maybe they'll appreciate his efforts, maybe not, but what is truly gained from this little experiment? Compared to past off-seasons he looks like a different person and I don't mean that in a good way. He's already given his fans an appropriate send-off. His career is turning into a great movie that doesn't know when or how it should end.

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Always regret not giving it one last go? Seriously? He has nothing to prove and if he thinks he either A) has something to prove, or B) can prove this imaginary thing that he thinks he can prove even though he really doesn't have to -- he's delusional. I realize he has a passion for the sport but what do you think this passion is derived from? I'm willing to bet that his vocal fanbase, the thrill of competition, and the glory of being able to do something that so few can would be a big part of it. Still, think of how his fans will react to seeing him go out there and looking terrible which, from where I stand, is a sad truth. Maybe they'll appreciate his efforts, maybe not, but what is truly gained from this little experiment? Compared to past off-seasons he looks like a different person and I don't mean that in a good way. He's already given his fans an appropriate send-off. His career is turning into a great movie that doesn't know when or how it should end.

Life ain't the movies man. It was a great analogy, but the bottom line is clearly he wants to do it. I agree, I don't want his reputation tarnished, but this isn't up to me. Well I guess today it was announced that he will be doing the 2010 which gives him plenty of time to get ready compete.

I don't know where he gets his passion but if it is his dream to get number 9 then that's up to him. I will wish him the very best. I don't think he can heal that nerve damage, but I am no doctor. If it is possible for him to make the comeback and win I would love to see it.

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Do people not understand a muscle tear can never be repaired to look like it was before the tear? Ronnie will never look like the old Ronnie again, ever. Get over it people, The Ronnie era is over. Sad but true. Pro bbing has kinda been dull without Ronnie around.

Which muscle are we talking here? I had heard the lat and triceps on the left side was nerve damage. Is it his quad you are talking about?

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
his left quad has had a tear in it since 2003. it was very small and barely noticeable then. it has slowly crept it's way up his leg to where now he has a good 2 or 3 inches it seems of gap. as far as i can tell that's his only tear.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Life ain't the movies man. It was a great analogy, but the bottom line is clearly he wants to do it. I agree, I don't want his reputation tarnished, but this isn't up to me. Well I guess today it was announced that he will be doing the 2010 which gives him plenty of time to get ready compete.

I don't know where he gets his passion but if it is his dream to get number 9 then that's up to him. I will wish him the very best. I don't think he can heal that nerve damage, but I am no doctor. If it is possible for him to make the comeback and win I would love to see it.
It is not possible for him to heal up and win in 2010 and if you think there's the slightest chance of it actually happening then I see no reason why we should continue here.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Ronnie colemans 2006 offseason is the most impressive thing i have ever seen in this sport EVER. He was so insanely huge on that dvd. I remember the first time i watched it i could not fucking believe how big he was that DVD motivated me for like 3 years str8. It still does motivate me. Thats hands down my favorite bbing dvd.

God Bless
Ben

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
his left quad has had a tear in it since 2003. it was very small and barely noticeable then. it has slowly crept it's way up his leg to where now he has a good 2 or 3 inches it seems of gap. as far as i can tell that's his only tear.

And his left tricep.

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It is not possible for him to heal up and win in 2010 and if you think there's the slightest chance of it actually happening then I see no reason why we should continue here.

I don't believe it is possible, but being proven wrong wouldn't be terrible. But like I said this isn't about my opinion or yours, its about what Coleman wants to do.