• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Routine options

R

raswank

Banned
Hello new to the Forum. I start Anabolic Xtreme's 3 AD on August 1st for 6 weeks. My questio is I want to capitalize as much on the Mass building as possible. I have 4 days to workout so I would like Ideas on a workout routine. Like an example chest routine of how many exercises and reps. And what to work with chest. Some say shoulders with chest because they are getting worked anyway. So some help would be great. 41 years old 185 pounds and fairly lean. Been working out off and on since 18

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
:doh:

Why not do some research of your own then get back to us for any clarification or refinement. It would be impossible for us to suggest the right program for you with so little information. There are so many routines available on the internet that you'll trip over one if you're not careful.

Eg. full-body, upper/lower, HIT, doggcrap, german volume, ws4sb, 5x5, just to name a few.

As long as you're focussing on the core compound movements like squats, deads, bench, rows and pullups then you'll be on the right track.

Put some effort in on you're own part first then we'll be more than happy to help you after that.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
As long as you're focussing on the core compound movements like squats, deads, bench, rows and pullups then you'll be on the right track.

Research pls.

R

raswank

Banned
Okay here are some ideas I had. Friday Chest/Shoulders because shoulders get a workout on chest day anyway. Saturday Back/Legs/Abs Sunday Biceps/Triceps Monday Abs/and any lagging body part. Or should leg day just be by itself?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Okay here are some ideas I had. Friday Chest/Shoulders because shoulders get a workout on chest day anyway. Saturday Back/Legs/Abs Sunday Biceps/Triceps Monday Abs/and any lagging body part. Or should leg day just be by itself?

In all honesty your split is the least important aspect of your routine. No magic split will make you huge if you're not training properly and your exercise selection is shit.

Consider: exercises, intensity, volume, set x reps, periodisation.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
biceps/triceps/chest 3x a week thats all you need man. nobody needs big legs anyway :spy:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Lulz

I 2nd what Freako said.

Draw up a plan that includes all the aspects of exercises, sets, reps, loading. I'd say worry about the periodisation if you are more experienced (consistently training at a high level for several years; i.e. bench > 1.0xBW, squat&dead >1.5xBW).

Also putting the biggest muscles all together on a single day and then having a seperate day for all the small muscles is to effectuate lunacy. Legs and back are 2/3rds of the muscle in your body, if you are training a split they need seperate days, arms on the other hand can be chucked in anywhere.