• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Things that annoy you in the Gym???

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i hate it when people who don't give a shit about what they're doing take the equipment/apparatus you want, and you do give a shit, and then you end up having to change up your goal oriented workout out while they fuck around.

When has that ever stopped us? :rofl3:

pGhi

pGhi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
People that lift tooooo heavy and their form or ROM is so awful that you cringe when watching in disgust. The worst is when you see them get up after doing a PB and get excited. I want to go smack them and tell them to leave the gym. I did let one guy have it a few weeks back, felt great.
Duality knows exactly who I am talking about.

x2

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
People who never put their weights back thats the only thing i can´t stand

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i hate it when people who don't give a shit about what they're doing take the equipment/apparatus you want, and you do give a shit, and then you end up having to change up your goal oriented workout out while they fuck around.

Numero uno for me as well :gaysign:

Nothing worse than that punk kid that comes in once every month and does his entire workout on the cable crossover or power rack.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Numero uno for me as well :gaysign:

Nothing worse than that punk kid that comes in once every month and does his entire workout on the cable crossover or power rack.

That is when you throw your size around. I will tell the person that I am going to work in with them, not ask. Or I will sit there and stare at them until they get the hint and either hurry up or finish. :borat:

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
OH GOD I HAVE A FEW.

Squat Rack curls: When you get to the gym all pumped up listening to your most brutal songs before a leg session, you go to the locker room, everything is fine, then you arrive at the squat rack and some faggot guido motherfucker is curling in it.

Ungodly supersets: When you want to use a machine/bench but you can't because some idiot who thins he is in his personal gym is using 5 different equipments in a superset. I'd just throw a dumbbell at those idiots.

Brosephs: These idiots who come in and workout chest/biceps forty times a week and neglect everything else. Who also come in their bropacks up to 6 idiots who all curl in front of the mirror. I am hoping one day they die from AIDS.

Nudists: So you finished your workout, you want to shower and change. But no, some people think it's a fucking beach and they WALK AROUND FLAILING THEIR GENITALS FOR AN HOUR. It's as if they thought it's a part nobody else has.

I have so many more it's not even funny.

D

DIPLOMAT007

too much PDA at the gym go home and slob each other down please !

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That is when you throw your size around. I will tell the person that I am going to work in with them, not ask. Or I will sit there and stare at them until they get the hint and either hurry up or finish. :borat:

I concur...easy to do against the punk kid but not so easy with the obese lady or old man. But ya your right just work in. Pain in the ass though if you wanna do drop sets etc

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Most of those things don't annoy me, i find them funny if anything. Always they don't get on my way.

- Bad form: once i used to jump in at the end of someones set if i saw them near injury, but after a pair of funny looks i just stopped doing so. No more unsolicited advice ever, go fuck yourself.

- Jeans/shirts: meh, wear whatever you want. I've (unespectedly) trained upper body on jeans a couple of times.

- Disco trainers: someday they'll break those pencil legs.

- suppersetters/people who take a piece of equipment forever: here i do what Braaq said. Not that i'm that big, but i just politely inform them we are going to share that, i don't ask.

- people who don't put plates/dbs back: yes, that's disgusting.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Avoid grunting and loud noises as this disrupts others (among other reasons).

Why would someone grunting disrupt you? you dont workout at a library do you? Its kinda hard not to make any noise when your squating and your ass is 2 inches away from the floor and you need to exhale to get that weight back up.

ill add three more to my original list

6- Flat benchers, grow some balls and hit the incline for once.

7- Spray deoderant users..... THAT SHIT DONT WORK! get a stick because that ghetto ass spray deodorant doesnt do anything and you stil smell like shit.

8- Heavy barbellers, your biceps arent going to get any bigger from using your lower back and traps during curls

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
6- Flat benchers, grow some balls and hit the incline for once.

Why are flat benchers bad? I don't do incline work anymore due to shoulder problems but I still move some beastly weight on my flat bench.

I agree with this one, if I don't get to share in I loiter with some serious intent, warming up right in front of them and making it quite obvious what exercise I plan on doing.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Why are flat benchers bad? I don't do incline work anymore due to shoulder problems but I still move some beastly weight on my flat bench.

:keke: :keke: i actually have less shoulder pain in incline than on flat. :bitenails:

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ya people coming into a gym without deodorant on should be booted...we have this one guy that comes stinks the whole place up. Fucking sick to walk into a gym that stinks of BO

GEMILIANI

GEMILIANI

I always train using impeccable form even if it means using less weight, especially on squats (ASS TO HEELS BABY)...So I hate when some retard is looking at me whispering comments about the amount of weight I'm using (225lbs). Then five minutes later I seeing them 1/4 squatting 500lbs.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
1.) Dropping/Slamming down the weight. Ok, you lifted the 120s, that doesn't mean you just drop them or throw them to the ground once you're finished. I can do those too and I place them on my knees when I'm done then put them on the floor. It's quite easy.

2.) Leg pressers who like to put on several plates, then proceed to do 1/4 or 1/2 reps. Example: I, as some may know, do not squat due to lower back ussues so leg press is quite a staple in my program. Anyway, I had 8 plates a side on just a couple weeks ago, 10 good full rom reps. Felt great, this big guy asks if he can work in and I assume a man of his size sure the plate difference shouldn't be too much. Instead, he hops on there, does 20 of the lamest 1/4 repped out sets I've ever seen. Somebody has been neglecting their legs me thinks. Even my g/f was confused.

3.) Talkers, always in the way. Then if you try to use the same equipment they're neglecting they get butt hurt and tell you they're doing that. Ridiculous.

4.) Guys with awful BO. I understand we as men will sweat and put out some sort of odor, but odor that I can smell as you walk by that's absolutely horrid. Please, seek medical care.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
1.) Dropping/Slamming down the weight. Ok, you lifted the 120s, that doesn't mean you just drop them or throw them to the ground once you're finished. I can do those too and I place them on my knees when I'm done then put them on the floor. It's quite easy.

Is it ok to dump 145+? Cos those fuckers are really hard to put down gently when you're buggered. I get them back on my knees but then I usually have to dump them forward.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Is it ok to dump 145+? Cos those fuckers are really hard to put down gently when you're buggered. I get them back on my knees but then I usually have to dump them forward.

dumping them off the knees I don't really have a problem with. It's the guys who dump the weight from their shoulders intentionally and make the loudest thump so as the entire gym can hear it.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
dumping them off the knees I don't really have a problem with. It's the guys who dump the weight from their shoulders intentionally and make the loudest thump so as the entire gym can hear it.

I'm too afraid I'll tear something doing that. :bitenails:

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP

im beggining to think that your the guy in the gym that everyone hates LMAO you keep replying to peoples pet peeves and saying how you do the stuff everyone hates lololol jk

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Squat Rack curls: When you get to the gym all pumped up listening to your most brutal songs before a leg session, you go to the locker room, everything is fine, then you arrive at the squat rack and some faggot guido motherfucker is curling in it.

I actually just tell people to get out of the rack if they are curling. I've done it several times. Most of the time I'm polite about it, but if they give me attitude ("oh just 3 more sets dude!") I explain to them why it is called a squat rack and how they are wimps who can't pick a little barbell off the floor for curls. :headbang: