• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Can I do just ATG squats for lower body ?

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Agree... props for doing ATG squats :headbang:
In all seriousness...squatting deep is the greatest adjustment I've ever made to my training. I used to squat very akward (probably from trying to keep up with Turk:angrydude:), probably worse reps than Duality. I hated leg day with a passion, it was easily the worst part of my week.

Now, legs may be my favorite bodypart to train and my quads are finally growing along with my hamstrings. I don't always go ass to grass, occasionally I'll keep it just below parallel to keep the emphasis on my quads, but for the most part I'm all the way to the floor.

It was never an adjustment I could make training with Turk. What was I going to do? Drop the weight to 275 after every set Turk does @ 600 pounds? So I decided recently, fuck it...I'm going to start all over and not worry about weights at all! Glad I made that decision.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In all seriousness...squatting deep is the greatest adjustment I've ever made to my training. I used to squat very akward (probably from trying to keep up with Turk:angrydude:), probably worse reps than Duality. I hated leg day with a passion, it was easily the worst part of my week.

Now, legs may be my favorite bodypart to train and my quads are finally growing along with my hamstrings. I don't always go ass to grass, occasionally I'll keep it just below parallel to keep the emphasis on my quads, but for the most part I'm all the way to the floor.

It was never an adjustment I could make training with Turk. What was I going to do? Drop the weight to 275 after every set Turk does @ 600 pounds? So I decided recently, fuck it...I'm going to start all over and not worry about weights at all! Glad I made that decision.

I came to a similar epiphany. I posted it in my log or something. A year after my knee reconstruction I was squatting to parallel. By the time the weight was getting heavy (180kg x10) I was probably hitting 90 degree knee bend, just like everyone else. But my form sucked. My main problem was I would favour my good leg towards the end of the set. My knee wasn't getting better, if anything worse, my quads were only ok, and I had limited ROM in the knee.

Enter the ATG squat and all my form problems and knee problems disappeared. It was a huge ego hit as a year later I was squatting 140kgx3 ATG compared to the 180kgx10. But since when was lifting about ego, it's about being strong, not thinking you are.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
In all seriousness...squatting deep is the greatest adjustment I've ever made to my training.

Ditto, losing the ego and squatting how you're actually meant to squat has paid great dividends for me.