• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Dexter, Phil, Jay, Melvin, DJ and Toney's predictions for the 09 Mr. O

Berry

Berry

My predictions are:
1 Phil Heath
2 Kai Greene
3 Dexter Jackson
4 Victor Martinez
5 Jay Cutler
6 Toney Freeman

Why? :
1 Improved a lot and conditioning is always perfect.
2 Hard as a rock and an exclusive performance.
3 Perfect balance great physique but smaller than other 2 symmetrical physiques.
4 Leg problem but if he imroved these he could win the "O"
5 Still Jay and a treath to all, want to see him ripped as in 2006 but don't place him higher cause i don't like his physique
6 The X-man had some good placings this year and is more complete than Dennis Wolf imo .

RealDeal2099

RealDeal2099

He's done as a champion.

Guest posing pictures from the 2009 Dexter Jackson Classic suggest otherwise. Here's Phil at the biggest he's ever been compared to Jay at his normal size.

Attachments

• JayVsPhil04.jpg
    JayVsPhil04.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 88
  • JayVsPhil05.jpg
    JayVsPhil05.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 79
Berry

Berry

^ If it's about size than Markus Ruhl wins the "O"

Last edited by a moderator:
Berry

Berry

But it isn't, it's about perfection

Last edited by a moderator:
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Once again, you can't say that yet. I mean, wait 5 more years, wait and see if some "small", symmetrical guys win the Olympia, and then, ok, I'll agree with you. But you are currently judging by one single year.

Every champ has his momentum. I agree. You can agree or disagree with it, but that's what we have.

No, it's not a problem. Ronnie didn't really improved his phisique since 1999, but he won another 6 straight Olympias. Jay achived his best in the past, ok, but that doesn't mean he can't win. Arnold did it, Yates did it, Ronnie did it.

Really? By several you mean.... who? The only man who would jump onstage @ 270+ lbs could be Kai Green. Of course Toney would weight more than that, but he's not 5'8''.

Yeah, conditioning is his main concern since 2007, but in 2005-2006 he showed up very hard and separated.

No, they are not. He looks better than in 2007 offseason.

This is funny. You think all top-6 guys are going to improve and Jay wouldn't do it.

And yeah, I'm hoping to see again a 2006 Jay Cutler. If he shows like that, forget it, it's game over.

DUDE!? you just replied to a ton of comments defending jay. Whether Ronnie improved since 1999 its arguable because some people think his best package was in 06. Jay is done, he cannot even compare to Phil, Dex, or Kai... I kept beleiving that ronnie was gonna come back strong after 06 but we all know that didnt happen. The only way jay even stands a chance is if he came in like he did in 06 and judging by the guest posing appearances, he will probably not show up like he did 3 years ago and even then, he will be the softest guy in the top 5. Not only is jay totally asymmetrical, his conditioning is odd, shredded quads, but almost everything else has no striations, his shoulders are thick but smooth, his arms from the outside look like he isnt even flexing since they look so soft.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Not sure why Victor is being placed so low by so many.

i think because he has failed to make really dramatic improvements like Phil or Kai, and because dexter flows much better and has better conditioning. so that leaves him at around 4th

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Once again, you can't say that yet. I mean, wait 5 more years, wait and see if some "small", symmetrical guys win the Olympia, and then, ok, I'll agree with you. But you are currently judging by one single year.
Well, I'm right, but if you need more proof than so be it. I think you're underestimating the importance of last year's decision though. The best man won, which is all-but-foreign concept in professional bodybuilding. Jay paid his dues as a top-tier athlete and was awarded two Sandows. Meanwhile these men have been trying to validate themselves in the shadow of what's basically been the Jay/Ronnie show and, yes, have paid their dues as well. Bodybuilding's recognizing its next top-class, even if some of the athletes (ie. Dexter) don't have many years left.
mvsf1 said:
Every champ has his momentum. I agree. You can agree or disagree with it, but that's what we have.
You agreed with my point and then said I could agree or disagree with you agreeing with my own point? lol wut
mvsf1 said:
No, it's not a problem. Ronnie didn't really improved his phisique since 1999
Dumb.
mvsf1 said:
Really? By several you mean.... who? The only man who would jump onstage @ 270+ lbs could be Kai Green. Of course Toney would weight more than that, but he's not 5'8''.
There's a difference between raw mass and how you carry it.
Yeah, conditioning is his main concern since 2007, but in 2005-2006 he showed up very hard and separated.
He's never been as hard as Dex shows up to every show.
mvsf1 said:
No, they are not. He looks better than in 2007 offseason.
Delusional.
mvsf1 said:
This is funny. You think all top-6 guys are going to improve and Jay wouldn't do it.
Actually, I mentioned 4 names but that's not really the point. The issue here is that these men have made grand strides in their physiques in recent years, while Jay is still reeling from playing the size game with Ronnie. They're all at different places in their careers and Jay's on his last leg -- I highly doubt he can best his best at this point. Others - despite not being seen in contest shape yet - have made noticeable offseason strides that will likely translate well to the stage. You know as well as I do that judges appreciate improvement.
mvsf1 said:
And yeah, I'm hoping to see again a 2006 Jay Cutler. If he shows like that, forget it, it's game over.
Cutler in 2006 was hardly the end-all of bodybuilding physiques. lol

MADMAX6

MADMAX6

Respected Member
WOW! Still playing the experts I see! LOL!!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Actually, I mentioned 4 names but that's not really the point. The issue here is that these men have made grand strides in their physiques in recent years, while Jay is still reeling from playing the size game with Ronnie. They're all at different places in their careers and Jay's on his last leg -- I highly doubt he can best his best at this point. Others - despite not being seen in contest shape yet - have made noticeable offseason strides that will likely translate well to the stage. You know as well as I do that judges appreciate improvement.

I fully disagree. Judges appreciate the champs. That's why all of them reward champs even if they are not at their best. In last 20 years only 5 guys took the Olympia. Judges do not appreciate changes.

You (and others) keep on the "Jay's at the end of his career". Dex is what, 20 years old? I mean, then only young guy out there is Phil Heath. Kai Greene is not a kid anymore, he became a top pro two days ago... if I had to choose, I'll pickk Jay Cutler spot. He is a 2 times Mr O and he is as old as most of his rivals.

And once again, I agree with you, Jay already clinched his best phisique of all time. But, again, where's written he needs to be his all time best to win? Was Ronnie his best as 2005? Was Dorian at his best from 95-97? Hell no, but they won!

Cutler in 2006 was hardly the end-all of bodybuilding physiques. lol

This is you main point. You don't like Cutler's phisique. That's the core of the discussion here. Jay was the best in 2006, I don't mind you like it or not. He had no mayor flaws, no weak bodyparts, he was 270lbs, separated and dry at 5'8''. That's the fact, now you can start hating again on him.

PS: do you really think if he steps onstage looking like he did in 2006 he wouldn't win? LOL.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
WOW! Still playing the experts I see! LOL!!
No, we're having a discussion which, as fans, is well within our right. Feel free to actually contribute something.
I fully disagree. Judges appreciate the champs. That's why all of them reward champs even if they are not at their best. In last 20 years only 5 guys took the Olympia. Judges do not appreciate changes.
Geez, you're thick. 3 guys have won the Olympia in the last 4 years. That sorta makes your 5 in the last 20 argument irrelevant.
mvsf1 said:
You (and others) keep on the "Jay's at the end of his career". Dex is what, 20 years old?
I fully acknowledged Dexter's age in my last post.
mvsf1 said:
I mean, then only young guy out there is Phil Heath. Kai Greene is not a kid anymore, he became a top pro two days ago... if I had to choose, I'll pickk Jay Cutler spot. He is a 2 times Mr O and he is as old as most of his rivals.
Age isn't the most important indicator here.
mvsf1 said:
And once again, I agree with you, Jay already clinched his best phisique of all time. But, again, where's written he needs to be his all time best to win? Was Ronnie his best as 2005? Was Dorian at his best from 95-97? Hell no, but they won!
Jay's not Ronnie or Dorian. Your willful blending of eras is cute though.
mvsf1 said:
This is you main point. You don't like Cutler's phisique. That's the core of the discussion here.
No, it's really not. I gave Jay his much deserved kudos for how he looked during in 2006 but saying he'll win again if he matches that shape is misguided. Worse, it's ignorant and dismissive of the hard work other athletes have put in to make themselves competitive on this level. I consider myself a realist. Sure, I have preferences when it comes to physiques - we all do - but I don't really have any "favorite" professional now.
mvsf1 said:
Jay was the best in 2006, I don't mind you like it or not. He had no mayor flaws, no weak bodyparts, he was 270lbs, separated and dry at 5'8''. That's the fact, now you can start hating again on him.
I'm not hating on anyone here, I just find your delusional fanboyism amusing. I suppose I'm "hating" on Ronnie for thinking he's incapable of being a top-tier bodybuilder again. :bitelip:
mvsf1 said:
PS: do you really think if he steps onstage looking like he did in 2006 he wouldn't win? LOL.
I've already made my stance on this very clear, yet you still ask dumb questions and try to write them off as points. Good job.

MADMAX6

MADMAX6

Respected Member
Yes is the answer to your question but instead of debating with you guys, let's just wait another 6 weeks and watch you guys all backpeddle and look like...
well you know...

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Yes is the answer to your question but instead of debating with you guys, let's just wait another 6 weeks and watch you guys all backpeddle and look like...
well you know...
Just like last time...

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Geez, you're thick. 3 guys have won the Olympia in the last 4 years. That sorta makes your 5 in the last 20 argument irrelevant.

Then I could say exactly the same about yours.

Age isn't the most important indicator here.

Oh, of course it is. Go and check ages of champs. Dorian, Ronnie, Jay and Dex were over 30 when they won their first title.

Jay's not Ronnie or Dorian. Your willful blending of eras is cute though.

No, he's not one of the top 5 of all time. So what? It doesn't change anything.

Worse, it's ignorant and dismissive of the hard work other athletes have put in to make themselves competitive on this level.

The same aplyes to Jay. You are assuming he is touching his balls... and I'm pretty sure he is working HARD to be the best onstage again. No, I'm not an ignorant.

I'm not hating on anyone here, I just find your delusional fanboyism amusing. I suppose I'm "hating" on Ronnie for thinking he's incapable of being a top-tier bodybuilder again. :bitelip:

Jay's my fav, so what? Please, answer this: if I give Jay, e.g., 100 points out of 100 for his 2006 Mr Olympia phisique... how many points do you think he will deserve in 2009? Exactly, somewhere near 95-105.

I mean, Ronnie lost the Olympia because of mayor injuries/changes in his body. Jay is, as you said, same old Jay. He won 2 of last 3 Olympias looking like that and remember, Dex is probably the lighter O winner since 1991. In fact, "light" guys never placed well in the O, except for Labrada and Dex. They are always being overlooked.

I've already made my stance on this very clear, yet you still ask dumb questions and try to write them off as points. Good job.

That's not how a mod should call another member. I'm not dumb at all. Please show some respect, it's free! :thumbsup2:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Then I could say exactly the same about yours.
You've got to be kidding me. Please tell me how the figure I used, which is far more indicative of current judging patterns than yours, is irrelevant.
mvsf1 said:
Oh, of course it is. Go and check ages of champs. Dorian, Ronnie, Jay and Dex were over 30 when they won their first title.
This has more to do with the length of time it takes someone to achieve a top-tier physique but, again, you miss the point. You've somehow mangled your argument into a complete reversal of what the original point was, which was more to do with how far along Jay is in his own career and less to do with some arbitrary number.
mvsf1 said:
No, he's not one of the top 5 of all time. So what? It doesn't change anything.
It certainly does mean something. Ronnie and Dorian could afford to come in slightly off because they were so dominant in other areas. Ergo, if Jay's off, it's easier to catch him.
mvsf1 said:
The same aplyes to Jay. You are assuming he is touching his balls... and I'm pretty sure he is working HARD to be the best onstage again. No, I'm not an ignorant.
Stop being assumptive. I never said or even implied that Jay wasn't working hard this year. Feel free to show me otherwise.
mvsf1 said:
Jay's my fav, so what? Please, answer this: if I give Jay, e.g., 100 points out of 100 for his 2006 Mr Olympia phisique... how many points do you think he will deserve in 2009? Exactly, somewhere near 95-105.
I have no idea what this even means. How can someone score 105 out of 100?
mvsf1 said:
I mean, Ronnie lost the Olympia because of mayor injuries/changes in his body. Jay is, as you said, same old Jay. He won 2 of last 3 Olympias looking like that and remember, Dex is probably the lighter O winner since 1991. In fact, "light" guys never placed well in the O, except for Labrada and Dex. They are always being overlooked.
Please stop dropping the most common-knowledge Olympia tidbits. The fact that Dexter won last year should be enough to show you that the judges are willing to award the man with the best physique, even if he isn't a mass monster. I wouldn't call Phil, Vic, Kai, and Dennis "light" anyway.
mvsf1 said:
That's not how a mod should call another member. I'm not dumb at all. Please show some respect, it's free! :thumbsup2:
I'm an admin and can speak how I please, though if you make one decent point I'd be happy to show you respect. That aside, I called your question dumb, not you. Infer better.

medicineman

medicineman

From what i saaw at th dex. classic, jay looks like a "new" jay, not the "same old jay". dude is harder, and looks like his wwaist tightened up (which i thought could never happen). remember, that was several weeks ouot, so he will only get better. mark my words, jay is going to surprise everyone. not to say phil wont as well.

MADMAX6

MADMAX6

Respected Member
That's right buddy, just like last time!

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
well you know...

How? Is he going to dress as Phil Heath in disguise? :bitenails: