• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

If you knew then what you know now...

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
i like doing leg press after squats or hacksquats :)

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
squatting is a must.. but i feel leg presses are still a great addition to a leg workout..

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
squatting is a must.. but i feel leg presses are still a great addition to a leg workout..

Exactly. 1st squat, then the do whatever you like.

Personally I do 7-8 sets of squats (last 3 of them suppa-heavy :D) and then I add two or 3 sets of legs presses to finish my quads.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i prefer single legged presses.. i feel i can isolate the muscle a lot more this way.. 5 plates a side for 12 reps is my best so far.. ego exercise or not, call it what you will.. they work!!

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
interesting. thanks for the correction:tiphat:

not gonna sit here and pretend i understand all of that though. care to explain in layman terms the physiological response and adaption that takes place in the body during and following cardio training?

Last edited by a moderator:
BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
what? the eating enough to stay anabolic i get.. but stimulate the muscle? isn't that what heavy weights do? or are you talking in kai lingo and trying to say focus more on mind-muscle connection?

I am talking about being able to lift hugely heavy weights and still achieve the high quality of muscle contraction that I got lifting lighter weights. Always putting the burden of the weight entirely and fully on the muscle being worked for what ever exercise i was performing. Also visualizing and feeling every part of the motion on the muscle being worked so i never wasted any part of th movement. IN short yes, a mind to muscle connection that was continuous through every part of an exercise.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i prefer single legged presses.. i feel i can isolate the muscle a lot more this way.. 5 plates a side for 12 reps is my best so far.. ego exercise or not, call it what you will.. they work!!

i actually got the best growth from leg presses, doing very heavy weight for sets of 20-30 reps. But i always finished with light squats ATG with perfect form. So i agree with what yr saying serb, but i liked my squats and jeffersons too.