• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

New IFBB Pro Rules

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I like this idea. I dont ever know how they would judge a posing routine. How can you score it when they are not up next to other competitors. The routine itself has never has anything to do with standard bodybuilding judging criteria (symmetry, aesthetics, size, conditioning etc.). Just look at the mandatories and quarter turns and compare the athletes. I believe this will make posing routines more fun for the guys.
I kinda disagree. It's a good round to display your physique just the way you want to. It does NOT have to be a dance contest.

The thing that I'm afraid of, is that the routines become even more boring that they already are. You know, step on stage, hit a front double bi's and couple of lat spreads (with rammstein playing in the background) and that's it. Cool.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I like this idea. I dont ever know how they would judge a posing routine. How can you score it when they are not up next to other competitors. The routine itself has never has anything to do with standard bodybuilding judging criteria (symmetry, aesthetics, size, conditioning etc.). Just look at the mandatories and quarter turns and compare the athletes. I believe this will make posing routines more fun for the guys.

And what about hiding your weakness and showing only your strong points? That's an art...

I think this will make posing routines like: "Front double bi, most muscular, I touch my ear waiting for some chick to say yeahhhhhh, most muscular..."

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
And what about hiding your weakness and showing only your strong points? That's an art...

I think this will make posing routines like: "Front double bi, most muscular, I touch my ear waiting for some chick to say yeahhhhhh, most muscular..."

Sounds like most of today's pros already.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
I think this is good. It plays into the hands of the biggest guys as they have to move less and put less effort into competing.

The next move will be the logical step of having all competitors just be judged based on how much they weigh and their BF levels. They wouldn't have to even come to the competition stage to do this, they could phone it in.

:49:

I'd love to know what do the pros think about this. TheGift are you there?

I think this is a terrible move, the level of posing routines is low enough already i cannot imagine what will some of the guys do now that it's useless. And some people not BBing-fans would watch at a nice posing routine and maybe get interested, but they'll never watch a round of "quarter turns".
Imagine that Arnold had never done "the mantis" pose because it was all reduced to mandatories...bullshit. Or Levrone without his "side pseudo most muscular".

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I think the whole idea of quality judging is not being able to hide any weaknesses. And if you can hide your weaknesses, you should be able to do that during the mandatories at best. Yes, I agree there is an art to hiding your weaknesses and exposing your strong points but I believe it should be the judges job through callouts to find out who has the least amount of weakness in their physique.