• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Weightlifter pwns Crossfit workout

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The famous King Kong workout from Crossfit.
Deadlift x1
Power Clean x3
Muscle-ups x3
Handstand pushups x4
repeat 3x

Dave Morgan, for the record, is 44, so he’s something of a senior citizen in the crowd of super-fitsters, but no matter, he figured. Showing his confidence, instead of using the standard of 255 lb. for the clean and 455 lb. for the deadlift, Morgan upped the ante to 275 lb./500 lb., respectively.

Facing a record time of 2.31.47 Morgan ran through the workout in a mere 2.04 and later told IronMind, “I could have done it with 300 lb. and 600 lb.” Take a look at his clip on YouTube and see what you think.

Morgan, who is quick to commend the difficulty of this CrossFit challenge given its demands to be both strong and fit, is no ordinary trainee: Besides being a five-time Commonwealth Games gold medalist in weightlifting and a two-time Olympian in the sport, Morgan’s good at a handful of other lifts and has a history of taking on and succeeding at a range of physical challenges.

Pretty decent considering he isn't a CrossFitter and he actually used decent form on his lifts. Although the YT comments deride him not going low enough on the power clean (which means it was easy for him, not that he didn't do it right).

Last edited by a moderator:
Essensen

Essensen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome - he pwned those crossfitters big time. He made that power clean look way too easy.

warpig

warpig

Awesome - he pwned those crossfitters big time. He made that power clean look way too easy.

he really did pwn that powerclean great job, especially from someone his age

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Amazing, very strong, and those cleans were really to easy for him, insane

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
wtf is a crossfitter? either way that guy did great. he doesnt "look" nearly as strong as he is

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wtf is a crossfitter? either way that guy did great. he doesnt "look" nearly as strong as he is

Crossfitters = guys who train randomly using "workouts of the day" which get posted on the their site (or local gym board). Can be ME deadlift one day or 10k jog. They pride themselves on being able to do anything. Reality is they get good at being average, rather than actually good.

And I don't understand your last comment. He does look pretty strong to me. Just because he doesn't look like Jay or Ronnie doesn't mean he doesn't look strong. Don't be fooled into thinking that BBers are what strong people look like. This guy looks like a strong guy, he has the features of someone who could be playing rugby, or fighting, or rocking up to move your house for you, or even army.

jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Crossfitters = guys who train randomly using "workouts of the day" which get posted on the their site (or local gym board). Can be ME deadlift one day or 10k jog. They pride themselves on being able to do anything. Reality is they get good at being average, rather than actually good.

And I don't understand your last comment. He does look pretty strong to me. Just because he doesn't look like Jay or Ronnie doesn't mean he doesn't look strong. Don't be fooled into thinking that BBers are what strong people look like. This guy looks like a strong guy, he has the features of someone who could be playing rugby, or fighting, or rocking up to move your house for you, or even army.

exactly

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP

I see, my cousin wanted to get in shape and started doing crossfit shit and i was like " those are some gay ass workouts buddy... it will take forever to look how u wnna look by doing that " lol