• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Cedric McMillan training videos from his youtube channel

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Chest

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
guest posing in 08

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Great job Daniel!

repped! :borat:

never seen this but know the guy has what it takes to be called "the next Coleman". Heavy ass training right there. All what BB is about (opposite of Wolf's training).

After seeing this, the guy has erased the possible doubts that I had that he is going to be great.

Heavy well executed Squats FTW!!!!

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He needs to get on board with Hany, take a year off and blow away the competition in 2011.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Who was it that was telling every-body that tall guys can't squat?

buzzkill44

buzzkill44

quincy taylor. always talking about how hard it is for taller body builders. he just likes complaining.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the guy didnt squat below parallel and used a smith machine to bench
if i remember correctly we had people saying smithy is useless and ATG is the only way?
:footmouth:

C

Comin_Up

wow, its gonna be him and heath for then next few years. They are gonna be the new ronnie and jay just better i think. but i agree with serbmarko a year off will do wonders for him just compete when he is ready to. then come out and beast on everyone.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
if i remember correctly we had people saying smithy is useless and ATG is the only way?

Parallel is awesome and ATG is excellent.

There are few pro bodybuilders that at least hit a good parallel and demonstrate how to Squat right. Cedric is one of them.

Smith machine is not the greatest thing, but I know that if a guy Squats like that and does that kind of lunges.. he surely Benches free-weight..

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
but I know that if a guy Squats like that and does that kind of lunges.. he surely Benches free-weight..

xmenpreview-1.jpg

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this guy is awesome !!! very good workout !!!

thanks for the vid's tkD :tiphat:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

He was hitting parallel for most of his sets, just not in the second vid on his heaviest set, where he only hit half of them. Pretty decent considering the heel raising he insists on using.

Your memory is flawed.
ATG is a better squat, I've never said that it is the only way.

Smith machine is a crap piece of equipment. That doesn't preclude people from using it.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
He was hitting parallel for most of his sets, just not in the second vid on his heaviest set, where he only hit half of them. Pretty decent considering the heel raising he insists on using.

Your memory is flawed.
ATG is a better squat, I've never said that it is the only way.

Smith machine is a crap piece of equipment. That doesn't preclude people from using it.

I think it was "Dr.Squat" who had a couple of theories saying how slightly below parallel is maybe better ATG. But it was all in theory, not in practice so idk

How is Smith it a piece of crap? i love doing them. I don't treat it like a regular squat though. Sometimes i do them after squats to try to isolate and focus on my quads.

it allows me to ballance in a way where i focus on quads and less on glutes and hams. kinda like this.... its a bit exaggerated but you get the point....

P.S. everyone is talking about Cedric's squats but wasnt he saying in the In The Trenches vids that he hasnt been doing squats and he feels like they may not be for him?.. o dont remember exactly what he said

Attachments

• smith.jpg
    smith.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 164
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How is it a piece of crap? i love doing them. I don't treat it like a regular squat though. Sometimes i do them after squats to try to isolate and focus on my quads.
:doh:

The smith machine locks you into a predetermined plane of motion that isn't suited to your body. It creates more shear forces at the various joints involved (I posted a paper on this, although it lacked a measurement at the lower back). It doesn't require you to balance the weight which creates even more force transferance issues (e.g. co-conctraction of the hammys are needed to keep the knee from being pulled apart). Add to these simple points, of the many, is the point that a lift performed in a smith is often counterbalanced so that you don't actually lift the weight in a manner that effectively recruits the muscles.

it allows me to ballance in a way where i focus on quads and less on glutes and hams. kinda like this.... its a bit exaggerated but you get the point....

You'd be better off doing a single leg leg press.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
:doh:

The smith machine locks you into a predetermined plane of motion that isn't suited to your body. It creates more shear forces at the various joints involved (I posted a paper on this, although it lacked a measurement at the lower back). It doesn't require you to balance the weight which creates even more force transferance issues (e.g. co-conctraction of the hammys are needed to keep the knee from being pulled apart). Add to these simple points, of the many, is the point that a lift performed in a smith is often counterbalanced so that you don't actually lift the weight in a manner that effectively recruits the muscles.

You'd be better off doing a single leg leg press.

I actually do try to do single legged legpress at times but i have problems with my left leg... i dunno if its due to the fact that one leg is longer but i push through it anyways... i also like one legged hacks. Can you provide the link to the thread of the article you posted?

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
The second leg vid is freakin awesome, i love how he doesnt take for granted the light weights... sometimes people worry too much about massive ammounts of weight but they forget about the mind muscle stimulation and how you can make "light" weight work for you greatly by having a strong mind muscle connection and focus on stimulating the muscle

He needs to get on board with Hany, take a year off and blow away the competition in 2011.

Why should he spend money on Hany when he seems to be doing a fantastic job already? Plus he has a friend of his, the guy who got him into bodybuilding working with him a little bit if im not mistaken