• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Branch Warren "Mr. O 09 runner-up" - Back training

fallen

fallen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
not what i was expecting at all damn

T

toughdude76

Meh, not the worst deadlifts I've ever seen. I was thinking it would be much worse based on the comments. They were pretty bad, but at least he uses his legs, then his back to get it up. If it was all back, we know he would be on the ground writhing in pain. Shitty form because of speed and lack of lockout, but yea, you guys have posted worse deadlifters LOL

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Meh, not the worst deadlifts I've ever seen. I was thinking it would be much worse based on the comments. They were pretty bad, but at least he uses his legs, then his back to get it up. If it was all back, we know he would be on the ground writhing in pain. Shitty form because of speed and lack of lockout, but yea, you guys have posted worse deadlifters LOL

there are also many husbands in the world who are way worse than Tiger Woods... just because something isn't as bad by comparison doesn't mean it's close to being considered good.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Either that or come down with a series of massive injuries that stop him from stepping on stage again :bitelip:

Look, we all know that branch has more than questionable form and he does some dangerous stuff. Im not condoning his terrible deads.

Since we never know "what if" scenarios, we will never know how he would look if he trained the way we would want him to train. Maybe he wouldnt look as good as he does. Maybe he would look better, either way, He prolly has been deadlifting like that his whole life and probably feels fine doing so. We can judge him all we want but the fact of the matter is, he is still Mr O runner-up and he still looked phenominal. So if we all know his training methods and how fucked they are, lets just ignore it and watch him onstage. He has already torn a lot of muscles and he still comes in great so fuck it. We are not ignorant to relatively good form so we should know that people who try to train and do deadlifts like that are ignorant and prolly wouldve hurt themselves anyways.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
He should be able to keep this up indefinitely, sure.

LOL thats not what im saying. Im saying he got to where he is by doing what he does. If he did something else he may not have gotten where he was. If his methods are the cause of his demise then im pretty sure it was worth it since he placed 2nd in the world. He wouldve had a good run.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
LOL thats not what im saying. Im saying he got to where he is by doing what he does. If he did something else he may not have gotten where he was. If his methods are the cause of his demise then im pretty sure it was worth it since he placed 2nd in the world. He wouldve had a good run.
Yeah, there's not the whole, losing your job and living with a debilitating injury thing to worry about, so long as he's had that "good run."

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
He is not stupid. He knows he is putting himself in danger. I will stop talking about this because it seems like im condoning his training, which i dont. I was just following up on replys

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

I'm a fan of Branch, but those deads, he teared triceps, biceps, now he's trying to tear his spinal cord?I mean a Pro BBer who deadlifts like that...Meh...JOJ and Big Ron traing with intensity but also good form...

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
dilatedmuscle said:
What if he has gotten where he is in spite of himself? His injuries alone are a sign of that.
He is not stupid. He knows he is putting himself in danger. I will stop talking about this because it seems like im condoning his training, which i dont. I was just following up on replys

He talks in the video about not wanting to hurt his back deadlifting, yet is lifting stupidly. Bright lad.

T

toughdude76

there are also many husbands in the world who are way worse than Tiger Woods... just because something isn't as bad by comparison doesn't mean it's close to being considered good.

Did I say that it was anything close to being good? Hmmm...the point was, as you so eloquently put it, they are bad deadlifts, but there are much worse. I was just stating my opinion that I thought that they sounded worse based on the comments people were making than they actually were. Of course, its my opinion.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
He talks in the video about not wanting to hurt his back deadlifting, yet is lifting stupidly. Bright lad.

sorry i didnt listen to the audio. i was listening to an RXM radio session and i figured they were gonna have terrible music in the audio as they always do when they put up a branch video lol

I just watched them again, his positive rep arent TOO bad, IMO his negatives are what seem terrible.

lol atleast he doesnt arch his spine

Last edited by a moderator: