• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

WBA lightweight title fight – Lomachenko vs Crolla

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Former Olympic medalist Vasyli Lomachenko will defend his WBA lightweight title against Anthony Crolla on April 12 in Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. Lomachenko has a fight record of 12-1 with 9 KOs while the challenger is a veteran of 34 wins with 6 losses and 3 draws. The planned unification fight of Lomachenko with IBF champion Richard Commey was shelved when Commey was injured in his last fight hence Crolla was given the privilege of facing the hard-hitting Lomachenko.

C

Caguioa747

Banned
Crolla fighting Lomachenko is reminiscent of Paul Smith before he fought Andre Ward; the gulf in class is huge and there is little hope for the underdog. do think however that Lomachenko will get a proper KO against Crolla, not a stoppage through attrition like Ward did against Smith.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Crolla fighting Lomachenko is reminiscent of Paul Smith before he fought Andre Ward; the gulf in class is huge and there is little hope for the underdog. do think however that Lomachenko will get a proper KO against Crolla, not a stoppage through attrition like Ward did against Smith.

You may be right because so many are expecting Lomachenko to end the fight with a stoppage. But let us not be too expectant because of the adage that a boxer has 2 fists which means an upset is not impossible. To be honest with my take on the bout, Lomachenko is the betting favorite and if I would bet, I would put my money on Crolla that he would lose by decision (not by knockout as many expect).

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just like his usual ways of punching like a machine, Lomachenko peppered Crolla with hard punches to the body and the head in the first 3 rounds and got a clear opportunity for an open shot in the 4th round the felled Crolla who crumpled on the mat. The referee stepped in to declare the fight over. There was actually a confusion in the 3rd round when Lomachenko released his flurries that at one point near the end of the round, the referee interefered for a standing 8 count which Lomachenko mistook for a stoppage. With his WBA and WBC belts, Lomachenko is looking ahead for unification of the division’s belts.

PS. Okay, I lost on my bet for a decision ending.