• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The Tokyo 2020 Olympics

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The opening of the Tokyo Olympics 2020 was held Friday night with no audience. Even the games will not have spectators due to the threat of covid. At least the games will have a go and it has already started in the rowing competition even before the opening night.

In this thread will be posted regular events although special events like boxing, basketball and other popular sports will have its own thread.

Reactions: TalkAdmin
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
JUDO
Judo is not that exciting but in this Olympics the Japanese siblings made it popular particularly in the tv coverage. First to win the gold in Judo is the sister Uta Abe by an Ippon over A. Bouchard of France in the women’s 52 kg division. Next to win was the brother Hifune Abe for another gold medal when he won over V. Margvelashvili. The siblings are the new Olympic heroes of Japan.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I haven't really been paying attention this year. I'm mother of a winter Olympics kind of dude.

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The street skateboarding finals was full of excitement as the race for the gold medal kept on changing. The gold was won by Japan’s Nishiya Momiji who is only 13 years old. Brazil’s Rayssa Leal earned the silver and another Japanese 16-year old Nakayama Funa won the bronze. The lone entry of the Philippines Margielyn Didal placed 7th in a field of 8 finalists.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In the medal count of the Tokyo 2020 Olympics, China is still leading with 24 golds and a total haul of 51 medals while USA is now 2nd with 20 golds and 59 total medals. Host Japan is in 3rd place with 17 golds followed by Australia with 14 golds. Both Japan and Australia has a total 31 medals.

After winning its 1st gold medal courtesy of weightlifter Hidilyn Diaz, Philippines is assured of 2 medals in boxing while another boxer is still in the hunt for a possible bronze.

Reactions: KaiGold
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was watching the diving. China is really good.

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Gymnastics - Men’s vault
Top favorite J. Shin of South Korea bagged the gold with a score of 14.783. Tied with the same score is D. Abiyazin of Russia but got the silver because Shin was first to get a score. In 3rd place A. Davtyan of Armenia with a score of 14.733. It was a heartbreaker for Filipino Carlos Yulo who faulted in his first vault with a very low 14.5 but made it up with the 2nd vault for the highest score of 14.8. Yulo is tied at 4th with Russian N. Nagorny with the same score.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Men’s Pole Vault
Sweden’s Armand Duplantis showed his supremacy in the Tokyo Olympics Pole vault. He finished the game with a leap of 5.97 meters for the gold. The silver went to American Christopher Nilsen while the silver was awarded to Brazil’s Thiago Braz. The lone Asian in the finals was EJ Obiena from the Philippines who failed to hurdle 5.80 meters.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Golf
The golf tournament of the Tokyo Olympics started with a bang. Madelene Sagstrom of Sweden led by -5 in the 1st round. Trailing with a -4 are Nelly Korda of the US and India’s Aditi Ashok. There’s a big bunch at the -3 for a tie at 4th place. The top favorite Yuka Saso of the Philippines struggled with a +3 which puts her so far for the medal hunt. The other Philippine entry Bianca Pagdanganan is in the group of -2 which is still good for a podium win.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Golf
Going to the 3rd round, the leaderboard shows the results after 2 rounds of play :
1) Nelly Korda at -13 with her -9 in the 2nd round
T2) Nanna Madsen at -9 with -7 in the 2nd round
T2) Adita Ashok at -9 after the -5 in the 2nd round
T2) Emily Pedersen at -9 after -8 in the 2nd round
5) Madelene Sagstrom at -8 with her -3 in the 2nd round

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Golf
The 3rd round of the golf event is looking to separate the elite from the crop. World #1 Nelly Korda is now -15 in the lead and being chased by Adita Ashok of India 3 strokes behind in 2nd place.

Tied for 3rd place at -10 are Lydia Ko, Hannah Green, Emily Pedersen and Mone Inami of Japan.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Golf final scores.
After the 4th round world #1 Nelly Korda kept the lead at -16 to win the gold. There was a tie for 2nd between Japanese Mone Inami and New Zeland’s Lydia Ko both at 1 stroke behind. But Inami won the sudden death to grab the silver medal while Ko was awarded the bronze. It was a heart breaker for India’s Adita Ashok who was running 2nd until she was hit by bogeys to end the run at 4th place.

The Philippine entry Yuka Saso finished at 9th place with her -10 for the tournament.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Basketball finals.
In the women’s finals, USA won the gold over Japan with a comfortable score of 90-75 to give Japan the silver medal. For the bronze medal, France defeated Serbia with 91-76.

In the men’s finals, it was USA again who won the gold by beating France in a close game of 87-82. Australia grabbed the bronze from Slovenia with a score of 107-93.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Men’s marathon.
Gold medal winner Kenyan Eliud Kepchoge won by a mile. What’s interesting is the chase group of 4 runners vying for the silver. Another Kenyan is leading and behind him was Abdi Nageeye of Netherlands and Bashir Abdi of Belgium. Nearing the finish line Nageeye was continuously gesturing to the Dutch to move astride him to overtake the Kenyan. It was a show of friendship for Nageeye who won the silver and Abdi won the bronze.

R

Robert

I loved it!!! For two weeks we, the world, are reminded to cheer for each other's accomplishments.