• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bailout Fails

Kanav

Kanav

god bless ron paul for putting this fucking fiasco into perspective :tiphat:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wow thanks pegasus for posting. i was very interested as to what the reaction would be to this from Ron Paul's perspective. i was very (very) surprised the bill didn't pass. the main motive seems to be that the house didn't feel like this bill would be benefiting the american people, more specifically the homeowners, only essentially giving a "get out of jail free" card to all the lenders who KNOWINGLY made bad loans. the dow shot down 500ish points in the wake of the news. God i hope it improves, i'm very worried over all this.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ Vid no longer available.

pegasus

pegasus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
there you go tony..

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ron Paul is PISSED.

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i want all US government officials to be tortured to thier lying, thieving, anti-life fucking policies. i want thier evil to come back upon themselves. they arnt going to escape this shit.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The failure of this bill was a huge surprise to me and I see it as excellent news.

I'd rather not give secretary Paulson permission to spend 700 billion however he pleases.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There's still the chance though that the Fed can just inflate the money supply to cover it, at least a large part of it.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was under the impression that this bill wasn't a bail out rather a forced buy out of companies that would give Fed/public ownership of all these banks, etc. So a nationalisation of private financial institutions would be good long term proposition, as long as it is administered correctly.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was under the impression that this bill wasn't a bail out rather a forced buy out of companies that would give Fed/public ownership of all these banks, etc. So a nationalisation of private financial institutions would be good long term proposition, as long as it is administered correctly.

The Fed isn't government, or public, it is a private banking institution. How would this bill possibly be good?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I'm an Aussie so I don't really know (or care) how the system works over there. As I said I was under the impression that the govt was doing a forced nationalisation of the banks/financial institutions. That isn't good or bad, but would put a halt to a fair few short term issues. Long term it has probably more bad points that good (you have a double debt essentially).

Are there any decent overviews of what was actually proposed? I've only read/heard stuff on our local politcal show and it was rather brief.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ it's funny that you bring up that you live somewhere else and are rather indifferent to it all. i don't blame you i would be too. i've always wondered why ironslave is so involved in american politics and such an avid supporter of ron paul, yet lives in canada. i've never really understood that.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ it's funny that you bring up that you live somewhere else and are rather indifferent to it all. i don't blame you i would be too. i've always wondered why ironslave is so involved in american politics and such an avid supporter of ron paul, yet lives in canada. i've never really understood that.
Because we have such an influence on the entire world.

A better question is, how does Ironslave get internet from inside his igloo?

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Because we have such an influence on the entire world.

A better question is, how does Ironslave get internet from inside his igloo?

haha. still i've heard him say he's going to write in Ron Paul on the ballot. may i ask how he is allowed to vote? as far as i know canucks can't vote for the american president, right?

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
haha. still i've heard him say he's going to write in Ron Paul on the ballot. may i ask how he is allowed to vote? as far as i know canucks can't vote for the american president, right?

Well, what you probably don't know is that Ironslave has lived in the United States before. I highly doubt he will be able to vote come November though.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well, what you probably don't know is that Ironslave has lived in the United States before. I highly doubt he will be able to vote come November though.

i actually did know that. i don't get how he would be allowed to vote though, and i know i've heard him say he's going to write in ron paul. IS are you planning some kind of elaborate voting scandal?

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i actually did know that. i don't get how he would be allowed to vote though, and i know i've heard him say he's going to write in ron paul. IS are you planning some kind of elaborate voting scandal?
I could see him doing it too just to write in one Ron Paul vote.

:49: