• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bailout Fails

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I could see him doing it too just to write in one Ron Paul vote.

:49:

well that settles it that is undeniable proof. terrorists want to harm this nation, a voting scandal would harm this nation, therefore Ironslave= terrorist.

i propose an immediate invasion of Canada. since they are housing a terrorist they must be invaded.

you have a lot of explaining to do Mr. slave

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
LOL, oh you guys :gaygay:

I'm an American citizen, thus, I can vote.

Are there any decent overviews of what was actually proposed? I've only read/heard stuff on our local politcal show and it was rather brief.

Let them fail.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ it's funny that you bring up that you live somewhere else and are rather indifferent to it all. i don't blame you i would be too. i've always wondered why ironslave is so involved in american politics and such an avid supporter of ron paul, yet lives in canada. i've never really understood that.
Indifference is probably a bit strong.... I just don't care about the inner workings of American politics but this has flow on to all markets. They were predicting a 15% downturn in Aussie markets, which are largely insulated to this due to our large resource sector, as a result of this bill being knocked back.

So it is more interest in the larger issues not the political point scoring that gets talked about.:xyxthumbs:

Kanav

Kanav

^ it's funny that you bring up that you live somewhere else and are rather indifferent to it all. i don't blame you i would be too. i've always wondered why ironslave is so involved in american politics and such an avid supporter of ron paul, yet lives in canada. i've never really understood that.

well its not that hard to understand. I mean americas problems somehow end up being the worlds problems, especially canada. God only knows why our economy is mirroring yours. (I was under the impression that we werent broke and our dollar was getting stronger)

in the end america is still the most powerful and influential nation in the world, I guess thats why the world in turn takes a keen interest in american politics.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Indifference is probably a bit strong.... I just don't care about the inner workings of American politics but this has flow on to all markets. They were predicting a 15% downturn in Aussie markets, which are largely insulated to this due to our large resource sector, as a result of this bill being knocked back.

So it is more interest in the larger issues not the political point scoring that gets talked about.:xyxthumbs:

gotcha. makes sense :tiphat:

same to kanav.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Our markets were down 4-5% yesterday. I guess we can expect more. That's about a year's loss in growth in a few hours.

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
After all this mayhem i wonder where the hell is Dick Cheney?? i watched this morning Bush's speech (idiotic IMO) and recalled that old man that used to be a lot on tv.

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Let them fail.

:crymeariver: My dad actually works for citigroup (bond salesman/trader) and I know their debt was looking to be bought out as well. My house (well at home) has been pretty hectic as of late.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:crymeariver: My dad actually works for citigroup (bond salesman/trader) and I know their debt was looking to be bought out as well. My house (well at home) has been pretty hectic as of late.

Sorry to hear this. Does he or anyone in your fam have any thougts on the whole ordeal?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The failure of this bill was a huge surprise to me and I see it as excellent news.

I'd rather not give secretary Paulson permission to spend 700 billion however he pleases.

I hear Congress is going to vote in it again? Because, all of these "experts" are on the news putting people in fear about what will happen if the bailout is not given a chance. If only people knew where this money would come from for the bailout and that it's coming from the same place that got us in this situation.

This is just my opinion: For how many months/years have we known that our economy is in major trouble and now, all of these experts are saying how much we need this bailout, blah, blah, blah. So, the bailout fails and, ironically, our stock market has a huge drop the following business day. Maybe it's just me, but that seems like quite a coincidence or more like a scare tactic.

pegasus

pegasus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I hear Congress is going to vote in it again? Because, all of these "experts" are on the news putting people in fear about what will happen if the bailout is not given a chance. If only people knew where this money would come from for the bailout and that it's coming from the same place that got us in this situation.

This is just my opinion: For how many months/years have we known that our economy is in major trouble and now, all of these experts are saying how much we need this bailout, blah, blah, blah. So, the bailout fails and, ironically, our stock market has a huge drop the following business day. Maybe it's just me, but that seems like quite a coincidence or more like a scare tactic.

It is a scare tactic. If congress would come out and say that they weren't gonna pass this bill then these markets would sort them selves out them selves.
These banks make money by lending money, and they know that if the freeze continues they won't make any profits, so in order to get business going again they would start lending again.

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sorry to hear this. Does he or anyone in your fam have any thougts on the whole ordeal?

I really haven't had a chance to talk all that much about it with him. He is pissed about all the people with zero income taking out loans and buying these houses. Have you seen some of the houses these people were buying too? spending like, $500,000! But he is going to retire either way once me and my brothers are out of college (which will be in about 3 years.) I'll talk to him more about it though when I get a chance and give you guys some of his input

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I really haven't had a chance to talk all that much about it with him. He is pissed about all the people with zero income taking out loans and buying these houses. Have you seen some of the houses these people were buying too? spending like, $500,000! But he is going to retire either way once me and my brothers are out of college (which will be in about 3 years.) I'll talk to him more about it though when I get a chance and give you guys some of his input

Yep, it's just nuts that those loans were even approved, especially to the extent.