• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

ESPN boxing – Ortiz wins over Salgado

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Young super lightweight boxer Vergil Ortiz stopped former lightweight and super featherweight champion Juan Carlos Salgado. In the 3rd round, Ortiz hit Salgado in the solar plexus that floored the former champion and was unable to get up. The referee didn’t even bother to count. Ortiz is just 20 years old with a record of 10 wins, all by knockouts. He is expected to be a champion soon.

M

Maestro

I'm really happy to see such a young superstar being consistent. I really enjoyed watching the fight on Saturday night and that third round knockout victory over former world champion Juan Carlos Salgado was really amazing. I hope Ortiz maintains his winning streak.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I hope Ortiz will retain his 100% knockout rate until the end of the year.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm really happy to see such a young superstar being consistent. I really enjoyed watching the fight on Saturday night and that third round knockout victory over former world champion Juan Carlos Salgado was really amazing. I hope Ortiz maintains his winning streak.

According to Joel Diaz, the trainer of Ortiz, the 20-year old boxer is very focused and serious of his career. That sooner or later, he would become champion. And although Diaz mentioned 4 to 5 years for the road to a championship fight, I guess it will not be that long if Oscar Dela Hoya would give him better fights this year.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Ortiz is very sharp, patient and smart in the ring. I'm very impressed and might turn into a fan in the future. Three rounds are not enough to see his full talent showcased, very promising nonetheless, good win.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I hope Ortiz will retain his 100% knockout rate until the end of the year.

If he achieves that feat of having more knockouts, he may be lined up for a championship fight next year. But his only problem is when he gets to face a durable fighter that couldn't be knocked out. There are boxers with strong chin that even the punch of Manny Pacquiao couldn't rock them. That's what happened to Albert Pagara, touted to be the next Filipino champion with his knockout punch. When he faced Mexico's Cesar Juarez, he was wondering why Juarez was still standing when he had already given him all that he had. Juarez was actually down in the first round but was able to weather the heavy punches of Pagara. The twist came in the 7th round when Pagara lost power and he was knocked out in the 8th round.