• Come join us for the 2022 Olympia on December 16-18, 2022!
  • musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.

Just thought I'd say hello!

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey everyone! I'm back.

Just wanted to drop by and see how everyone here was doing. Life for me has been nothing short of excellent, although several things have definitely changed. For one, I can hardly claim to consider myself a bodybuilder anymore. After the incident with my finger, I was able to drift out of the sport of bodybuilding and view it with an entirely new perspective. It was fascinating, really. When you're fully engrossed in bodybuilding, you tend ignore the compulsive nature of the sport because drive, at least for me, was an unrelenting force; I was willing to do whatever was necessary to accomplish something, whether it be my weight or a certain lift. Now, however, I play it slightly more conservatively in the weight-room, lifting to maintain a healthy, fit and reasonable looking body. Nevertheless, though, I still enjoy helping people see their goals to the end while watching them develop similarly to how I did when I first began the bodybuilding excursion.

Other than that, as far as my studies go, I've become involved with neuroscience and (if all goes well) plan to have a book published in the fall proposing an algorithmic representation of a neural association area. Nutrition and physiology were certainly the starting points for me, but I needed something that posed seemingly unresolvable difficulties; I needed a mystery that could unlock future years of unknown human potential!

Yep, that's it I guess.

:)

Kev

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good to hear from ya KM!

If I recall correctly, I think you were a year younger than me (I'm 19). Where'd you decide on for college?

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
goodluck Km good to know ur still going well

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tits or GTFO

banhammer1.jpg

Kev said:
Other than that, as far as my studies go, I've become involved with neuroscience and (if all goes well) plan to have a book published in the fall proposing an algorithmic representation of a neural association area. Nutrition and physiology were certainly the starting points for me, but I needed something that posed seemingly unresolvable difficulties; I needed a mystery that could unlock future years of unknown human potential!

:confused:

Did you start uni at like 12 or something? I only have one friend who was published in their teens.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Welcome back dude...good to hear your doing well

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good to hear from ya KM!

If I recall correctly, I think you were a year younger than me (I'm 19). Where'd you decide on for college?

Yep, I'm 17. I'm going to Ramapo College this fall. It's a small state school near me, nothing crazy. How's college for you so far dude?

:confused:

Did you start uni at like 12 or something? I only have one friend who was published in their teens.

My dad's an editor who introduced me to someone he's known since college. I read a book/1-1.5wk(s) on neurophysiology, neruocircuitry and neuroanatomy, so I've gathered a bit of knowledge. I'm currently reading a graduate neuroscience textbook which is taking me a little while to get through. The wording's more "esoteric", if you will, which is definitely why the information seems a little more twisted.

But you're right, I have no practical experience in neuroscience which probably means my theory will be ripped to pieces by the science community - which I'm aware of. The goal of my writing isn't necessarily to propose a theory from the blind, but rather to raise a possibility that might raise a few eyebrows within the field of neuroscience. So really, it's just a way for me to articulate my thoughts about the topic before I take part in the actual research in college.

kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Kevin! Great to have you back, brotha.

Seems like you're really focused with your studies. Keep it up!

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Welcome to the boards again.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
wtf your 17? :omgwtf: thats crazy.

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
College has been awesome so far, thanks for asking. I'm probably transfering to UConn this coming fall, though, to save money and traveling time/expenses.

Cork

Cork

My dad's an editor who introduced me to someone he's known since college. I read a book/1-1.5wk(s) on neurophysiology, neruocircuitry and neuroanatomy, so I've gathered a bit of knowledge.

Sometimes I swear it's all about who you know. That seems it could be all you need to get your foot in the door, whether you get bashed for your ideas or not. Everyone thought Socrates was crazy too, but then again, everyone knew Charles Manson was insane from the start, haha.

KM you want to do a little traveling over the summer? OCB Eastern Seaboard Classic, June 19, again down here in Wilmington. I'm going to make an effort for top 3 this time and it would be cool to have you in the crowd.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
College has been awesome so far, thanks for asking. I'm probably transfering to UConn this coming fall, though, to save money and traveling time/expenses.

UConn's a great school! What're you studying? And I respect you entirely for going to a school that's less money. If you plan on going to graduate school, undergraduate institutions mean close to nothing to the admission officers, so it makes little sense to go to a school that's 45k merely for the reputation.

Sometimes I swear it's all about who you know. That seems it could be all you need to get your foot in the door, whether you get bashed for your ideas or not. Everyone thought Socrates was crazy too, but then again, everyone knew Charles Manson was insane from the start, haha.

KM you want to do a little traveling over the summer? OCB Eastern Seaboard Classic, June 19, again down here in Wilmington. I'm going to make an effort for top 3 this time and it would be cool to have you in the crowd.

Oh, absolutely. The chances that I'd get published at my age and inexperience would be slim to nil without my dad. Also, you're right on the nose; I've been called 'insane', 'crazy' and 'nuts' so often that I've learned to just take it as a compliment of abstract thinking and move on.

Hey, good luck with your contest prep, training and discipline. If I'm not too busy with EMT school by then I'd be more than willing to come down and support you. School's not out until the 24th for me though, which could potentially pose a few issues within the parental unit. We'll keep in touch.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Getting published will be impressive Kev, I wish you the best of luck. I hope you can still poke your head in around here every now and again to tell up what's what.

Someone remind me to neg dilatedanus later for being a tard.