• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Max´s Log

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^go fuck yourself fucking faggot

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
:doh:

So you're done powerlifting then?

A cutting/bulking diet is going to be disastrous for strength gain so you may as well give up on that.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
i figure that i can still keep gaining strenght while leaning down, so no im not done with powerlifting
While crash dieting? I think not. Strength gains need calories. Every time you let your body go keto you're going to be undoing all your hard work.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
While crash dieting? I think not. Strength gains need calories. Every time you let your body go keto you're going to be undoing all your hard work.

this.

I have a guy in my gym that says the same thing that max, and it is not working.. only in his mind.:bitelip:

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
right now im eating 2600cals, when i will start the cut period i will be at 2100, don´t think that will make much diffrence

no way in hell will i ever do a keto again

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
right now im eating 2600cals, when i will start the cut period i will be at 2100, don´t think that will make much diffrence

no way in hell will i ever do a keto again

So if it won't make a difference then won't you get no results from it??

Please answer my previous post.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i was saying since the diffrence is only 500 cals it won´t affect strenght gains that much, but time will only tell

no i have no scientific evedence that this is right

but time will only tell how well this works or does not work

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i was saying since the diffrence is only 500 cals it won´t affect strenght gains that much, but time will only tell

time has told, and it doesnt.
you cant expect to make any vast improvements in strength on low cals. thats the bottom line
it would be interesting to see if you can pull it off

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
had some great squats today

130kg 4 reps
140kg 4 reps

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP

Yeah...no.

Why are you dieting? Its going to make you weaker and reduce the carryover from your shirt. You're just dooming yourself to missed lifts and failure.

Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah...no.

Why are you dieting? Its going to make you weaker and reduce the carryover from your shirt. You're just dooming yourself to missed lifts and failure.

Why do you even bother? It's not like he's going to listen to your advice or something, just a waste of your time.

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah...no.

The reason for that is, that when you're bulking, the hormones that burn fat are elevated, so if you quickly switch back to cutting, you can burn more fat. And vice versa, when you cut, your body produces hormones that helps you build more lean muscle

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
The reason for that is, that when you're bulking, the hormones that burn fat are elevated, so if you quickly switch back to cutting, you can burn more fat. And vice versa, when you cut, your body produces hormones that helps you build more lean muscle
Yet this doesn't explain how dieting and losing fat will behoove your end goal of performing optimally in a powerlifting meet. You're trying to have your cake and eat it too and, moreover, treating training as if it's a sprint and not a marathon.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
^What Line said.

You might cut some fat and gain some lean muscle but you're not going to make any strength gains. Some lifters cut weight before a comp but they have spent months building their strength beforehand and are only cutting to make their preferred division, and in doing so they usually lose strength. You have not made any significant strength gains in recent times as far as I can tell, and your bench especially is dismal, so cutting is going to be nothing but detrimental to your lifts.

Anabolicous: I don't know why I argue sometimes either, just call me a hapless defender of logic.