• Welcome to MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums

Do you love bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in Bodybuilding, Fitness or building muscle? If so check out and join our bodybuilding forum! Musclemecca bodybuilding forums is one of the oldest and most popular bodybuilding, fitness forums! Some past members of Musclemecca include Phil Heath, Ronnie Coleman, Gregg Valentine and More! We have over a million bodybuilding videos, pictures and articles! We have many helpful bodybuilding enthusiasts to answer questions and give you advice on building muscle! See You In The Bodybuilding Forums!

• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding products. Do not sell any bodybuilding products through musclemecca bodybuilding forums.
    Musclemecca.com has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
musclesportmag.com

MD24 recovery log. Back from the dead

macedog24

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sponsor
Ok i thought i posted the other night. It was kinda late. Guess i fell asleep and it didnt go through.
So this will be a shorter version.
Made some big strides in recovery and rom.
Also, during therapy we have added machines along with bands and dumbells.
Still doing about 1hr of stretching every night before bed laying on the floor. I have a hard massage ball i place behind my scapula and move it to different spots up and down the lats and delt. At each spot i may stay there up to 10 or 15 minutes allowing my arm to stretch out to the side and above my head. We have really pushed hard trying to get the rotation back in the upper arm/shoulder. Seems to be helping but it is relentless.
Ive just moved up to 25s on dumbells for curls. And forearms. I havent done any shoulder pressing movements. This is where the arm needs to rotate so im in position to do these.
My last visit to therapy was Just under 2 hrs in time.
Incorporated some modified pushups, military and diamonds. Ball throws, rows with weights(close grip) high and low. I know i havent added in everything but dont wanna make this to long!
I feel im ready to start back pushing for some strength.
Get into a slightly modified routine but effective.
I believe its time to start a log and dial in cardio and training now. Chest i will have some questions and open to suggestions. Same will go with back and pulldowns. Main goal, drop all this fat ive picked up and get to work. No fucking around. No excuses... I see the ortho next week the 3rd. I assume i will be back to work the 8th. I have to clear some things with My ortho but i believe she should go along with what im asking.

Last edited:

macedog24

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sponsor
Seen the the ortho. Back to work full duty!
Therw are still issues but i was told i may lose 7-10% of my range of motion. Also, i was told no ball throwing at all. Im suppose to be seen again in 3 months. As for now, continue therapy at home.
I was told i can do most things. No jaring/ jerking movements. I can do pushups for strengthing my chest. I can do bench but she doesn't want me to go below parallel.
I return to work sunday night. 11-7 for the week.

Keep things kinda light increase strength high reps.

macedog24

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sponsor
First week back and things here(work)have really taken a dive. On a good note. Im feeling pretty good. Work 7p-7a today. Im making money and cannot complain. Being out of work and really out of commission for such a long period of time really gives you a different perspective on things. A clearer perspective.

All therapy from here on out is being done at home, work, or the gym.

Tonight ive completed some of my stretching, a 25 minute jog, 3 sets of regular pushups.

For shoulder presses, im using the lightest band i have because i still cannot rotate the lower arm and hand into that throwing position. So it kinda moves in a slightly forward upward motion.

I am able to do corkscrew/swimmer press a little easier since it starts in at the shoulder and rotates upward.

Will update more in a few hrs.

Tonight im gonna do some light delts concentrate on tut. Slow and methodical.

Followed by some biceps/triceps.

And probable stretching the back/bicep/shoulder with the bands in a pulldown position

macedog24

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sponsor
Ok so today im at the orthos waiting to be seen. Believe this is my last visit. After this hoping to be given the clear to begin pushing myself without to many restrictions/restraints. Then i will begin my process with my lawyer and getting paid for 5months out of work. Cross your fingers.

Then a real log will begin.

KaiGold

Super Moderator
VIP
Ok so today im at the orthos waiting to be seen. Believe this is my last visit. After this hoping to be given the clear to begin pushing myself without to many restrictions/restraints. Then i will begin my process with my lawyer and getting paid for 5months out of work. Cross your fingers.

Then a real log will begin.
Good luck bro!

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!

macedog24

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sponsor
Ive been fully released. Told that im able to go full throttle.
The issues im having im told to keep an eye on if they progress or get worse then i can come back and we can work on them.. Ill get into them in a bit. So for now im able to begin and get back to my past full routine and variety of exercises.