• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Nathan De Asha Pulls Out of 2024 Mr. Olympia

BigArvin

BigArvin

Author
IFBB Pro League Men’s Open bodybuilder Nathan De Asha has announced that he will not be participating in the 2024 Mr. Olympia, taking place on October 11-12 in Las Vegas, NV.

On October 5, 2024, De Asha shared that while he is in good health, he made the decision to withdraw for business reasons. “For some people, the Olympia is a big deal. For me, it’s not,” he said, emphasizing that the financial cost of competing, particularly the expense of traveling from the UK to the US, outweighs the potential rewards. With other competitors likely to dominate the top six, De Asha decided that the investment wasn't worthwhile.

“I now see bodybuilding as a business I want to grow. Right now, the Olympia just doesn’t make sense for me financially,” De Asha explained. He confirmed that he was currently in his offseason and intends to focus on the 2025 Arnold Classic in Columbus, OH, which will run from February 27 to March 2. Unlike the Olympia, the Arnold Classic is an invite-only event, and De Asha will need to apply for consideration.

Nathan De Asha

Earlier this year, De Asha secured his qualification for the Olympia by winning the 2024 Mr. Big Evolution contest. However, his withdrawal leaves a spot open in the competition, which is unlikely to be filled at this stage. The last time De Asha competed at Mr. Olympia was in 2018, where he placed eighth. He missed the 2023 event due to travel complications.

De Asha is the second high-profile bodybuilder to exit the 2024 Olympia shortly before the contest. Earlier on the same day, 2024 New York Pro winner Nick Walker also announced his withdrawal. In addition, Behrooz Tabani, the 2024 Flex Weekend Pro champion, is unable to compete due to visa problems. As a result, 16 Men’s Open athletes will take the stage in Las Vegas, including the reigning champion, Derek Lunsford.

The 2024 Mr. Olympia contest is the centerpiece of 11 pro divisions competing in Las Vegas. All events, including the Amateur Olympia, will be available via live pay-per-view on the Olympia Productions website.