• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

ONE FC featherweight contenders – Lee vs Kelly

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The rematch of Edward Kelly and Christian Lee will produce the challenger that One FC featherweight champion Martin Nguyen is waiting for. In their first fight Lee was awarded the win when the referee had ruled an illegal suplex done by Lee. The fight will be held on January 19 in Jakarta, Indonesia. Both fighters, however, have suffered defeat in the hands of the champion.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Kelly was confident with his pre-fight interview that he will give the young Christian Lee a good fight this time. But 20-year old Lee was too quick and too strong for the 34-year old Kelly that the fight ended in the first round. I guess it is time for Kelly to hang his gloves for good.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

I was rooting for Kelly who's a Filipino but I guess Kelly should have prepared a good takedown defense since grappling is Lee's specialty. The matched clearly showed Lee's grappling superiority against stand-up fighters like Kelly.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you will notice the Filipinos in the One FC mix martial arts league, their weakness is the takedown. When they fail to defend from a takedown they couldn't stand up anymore especially in the later rounds when they are already tired. In the UFC league there are many fighters who have good defense of takedowns. If you will remember Conor McGregor lost to Khabib Nurmagomedov because he failed in his defense of a takedown.