• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

What’s up with Victor Martinez? - DVD Update

mike pulcinella

mike pulcinella

As some of you know, for over a year I have been shooting video for MHP with Victor Martinez. A few people have asked me when the DVD is going to drop. Here’s an update:

After his 6th place showing at the 2009 Olympia Vic took a step back to review his career so far and found it lacking. He was frustrated and dissatisfied in many ways. He felt that obstacles and misfortune had time and time again prevented him from reaching his full potential as a bodybuilder.

top6placingslo-1.jpg

He reached out to his good friend and sponsor MHP president Gerard Dente as well as trainer of champions Joe McNeal and together they decided on a plan of action to give Vic the best shot he would ever have to finally take home the Sandow trophy that many felt should have been his in 2007. Vic would skip the Arnold Classic and spend the entire year concentrating on bringing the best package possible to the 2010 Olympia. I traveled to Tampa, Florida to listen in as Joe set the plan in motion.

Tampa35weighin2lo-1.jpg

It was a tough decision, Vic loves to compete, but in his own words, he felt like he had to “start over”. Reset the clock, strip away the unnecessary, focus on basic principles, get bigger and more ripped than ever and finally win the ultimate bodybuilding contest that many, Vic included, felt was surely within his grasp.

2009Victor73onearmcurlslo-1.jpg

I already had lots of great footage, but when Victor chose to skip the Arnold, Gerard and I decided to hold off on making the DVD until we see the outcome of this new plan. It’s very exciting! A seasoned competitor like Vic going back to the basics to get training advice and undergo a bulking up program for half of the year. Then comes the long trim-down to rock hard contest condition, hopefully while retaining more mass than ever before! This DVD will cover everything, all the way up to and including behind the scenes and onstage at the Olympia!

And so the shooting continues. Last week MHP flew me to Venice Beach as Vic was tapping the fertile brain of legendary trainer Charles Glass. I found out how a bodybuilder eats on the road and watched as Charles showed Vic some exercise variations that neither of us had ever seen before. Glass pushed Victor harder that I’ve yet seen him pushed!

LA314onelegsledlo-1.jpg

Vic then took me on a little bodybuilding history tour to the site of the original Gold’s Gym where Pumping Iron was shot and then a stroll down to Muscle Beach. This was where it all began!

The bulk up phase is now nearly complete. Vic has topped out at nearly 280 lbs.and within the next few weeks he begins the long slow trek to the Olympia stage.

SuperstarSeminar325preacherlo-1.jpg

I’ve been following Vic during this quest from his home town in New Jersey to Tampa, Columbus, Philadelphia, Long Island and California. It’s crazy! Victor is everywhere, teaching and promoting all the while still learning from the masters and still somehow getting in all his meals and workouts!

2009Victor77onehandshotlo-1.jpg

Will Victor Martinez avoid the misfortune which has chased him for the last few years? Will his knee...and his luck...hold out? I will be there with my camera to find out. I am as eager to see what happens as you all are!

LA35slowsquattoofast2lo-1.jpg

No matter what happens one thing is for sure, this DVD will be entertaining, informational, inspirational and give you all a look into the life and training of one of the best built, best loved bodybuilders on the current scene.

If you’d like to get instant updates on this and my other projects please PM me your email address ( I won’t share it with anyone) or friend request me on Facebook!

Mike Pulcinella | Facebook

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
sounds great i think everyone wants to see him do well, and hes one of my favs. thanks mike

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
victors arms look badass in the first pic from the O

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Thanks Mike! great to see some updates on Victor's dvd.