• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Workout: Rookie

L

Laps21

Im sure these posts come up often but I was wondering if anybody had any advice or places where i could look up advice for novice lifters. Im 17 and looking to branch into lifting now that hockeys over and wondered what tips i could pick up.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Have a look around the threads in here.

The sticky at the top of this section "Split training all wrong!?!" Should give you some ideas as they apply equally to novice lifters as to advanced.

If you want some help with routine structure then you can post up the days you have available to train and any equipment shortcomings and I'm sure people will be happy to make suggestions! :xyxthumbs:

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Laps, with Daniel's thread and this one, which is mine, you'll definitely be on the road to a very successful bb career. But the most important thing you can do right now, is post your routine up with the weights and all in the logs and pictures so we and you can monitor your progress. This can help because if you're not seeing progress, then we can probably spot what's wrong and fix it. So, in all, just read these two threads and you should be set to start off! Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Laps21

Thanks everyone. Appreciate the links.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Before we try and help, just to clarify, when you mentioned that hockey is over, do you mean just for the season? Or are you trying to get into weightlifting/bodybuilding?

Big difference.

L

Laps21

Pretty much next year ill be done with competitive hockey because im going away to college. Ill probably keep up with the beer leagues on the weekends but ill have alot of free time on my hands now that im not at the rink 5 times a week.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pretty much next year ill be done with competitive hockey because im going away to college. Ill probably keep up with the beer leagues on the weekends but ill have alot of free time on my hands now that im not at the rink 5 times a week.

You could try some westside for skinny bastards.

Info about training and in season training can be found on that page.

Last edited by a moderator: