• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Fatality and his heart palpitations!

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So recently, I've been getting a more-than-usual amount of heart palpitations. For those of you that don't know what they are, they are irregular beats of the heart that usual last for a second or two and can be caused by many factors; including stress, caffeine...etc. I don't get dizzy or anything like that, but when I do have a palpitation, I get anxious and that'll sometimes accompany a "dizzy spell" for a second or two. I'm getting my physical April 30 for high school and all, but I'll bring up the problem with my heart palpitations. He'll probably recommend me to some cardiologist. So basically, if anyone else gets these flutters of the heart, please share it with me, because now I'm getting really concerned. Problems with the heart isn't something I can ignore and just hope it goes away, there are people that just drop dead due to heart problems, I don't want to be like that.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hopefully it's a minor problem with the heart. Glad you're not ignoring the issue and seeking attention.

D

Dstan

well man since u aren't ignoring it then u can prolly get help with it. Hopefully it's nothing too major. Hope u get well!

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks you guys, it's really eating me up inside, and I do hope it's minor.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If i remember correctly i used to get those type of palpitation
but it was only while on my geodon medication probably a side effect
could be something in food, sleeping problems etc. many of things as well
sometimes i still get them when exhausted..
hope you get well man..

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just go to a cardiologist, hopefully it will be minor problem, rocky has anal palpitaions from time to time so he probably knows about it. :dunnodude:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I get heart palpitations from time to time, usually from caffeine but I also developed a murmur from using ephedra for two years straight. Are you doing anything that you listed below as a possibly cause?

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
actually i got some of those when i was "on". idk, that would possibly be a cause.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i used to get heart palpitations a lot while i was a bit younger "18" this was a big concern of mine so I did like your going and went to the see doc and it turns out that i had a panic disorder, the doc put me on meds to help and chill me out and it worked great, but now i cant get off the shit, i hope your fine, stay positve and keep us updated.

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks bro's! However, as hard as this may seem, I truely think it's either caused by lifting and exercising or all the protein shakes I take. Either one of those two. I started to lift really heavy last tuesday and that's when they started to happen. The protein shakes are loaded with chocolate and potassium, so I don't know just yet. But I will keep you guys up to date on them for and both you and I are concerned. Thanks again!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks bro's! However, as hard as this may seem, I truely think it's either caused by lifting and exercising or all the protein shakes I take. Either one of those two. I started to lift really heavy last tuesday and that's when they started to happen. The protein shakes are loaded with chocolate and potassium, so I don't know just yet. But I will keep you guys up to date on them for and both you and I are concerned. Thanks again!

I highly doubt it is directly from either one of those two things, it could be indirect from the heavy lifting and it's effect on your nervous system adapting. :e5dunno: But this is still a relatively unknown area in physiology, meaning the exact effects of exercise and it's effects on the CNS and the periphery.
Also, the amount of Potassium in your shakes are not significant and excess will be excreted. Also, your not eating real chocolate so that is not a cause either unless there is a lot of sugar. I had palpitations a lot when I first started so like I said its mostly likely what I said above. Hope your physical checks out ok, but generally dr's are biased against bodybuilding and I would not listen to his moral opinion or suggestions.. just his diagnosis.

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks Braaq, and yeah, hopefully it's just a new thing because I'm starting to do a lot heavier lifting and my body is just adapting like yours did. Hopefully it just goes away after time. But anyways, Dr.'s are bias with lifting because when my friends told them that they were taking protein shakes they told them to get off because the shakes are unhealthy...F@#$ that.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My roomate used to get them all the time and then he would get really bad anxiety from it and then have really bad panic attacks that eventually was just a huge snowball effect. Doc prescribed him xanax and just to chill the whole CNS.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks Braaq, and yeah, hopefully it's just a new thing because I'm starting to do a lot heavier lifting and my body is just adapting like yours did. Hopefully it just goes away after time. But anyways, Dr.'s are bias with lifting because when my friends told them that they were taking protein shakes they told them to get off because the shakes are unhealthy...F@#$ that.

Yea that is really kind of silly for a doctor to say, protein shaes arent anything but food. why would a doctor say that? I have heard people saying that before, but still it is wierd to say that considering the source. Good luck with everything fatality. I hope u find the anwser to the problem u want bro!

God Bless
Ben

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Heavy lifting could be a culprit, as heavy lifting inhibits the venous return during the set (especially with upper body exercise), while causing a massive overload of blood to the heart after you are done (this is why its not recommended for cardiac rehab patients do to heavy upper body lifting.)

I highly doubt the K+ from protein shakes would cause it, but in situations say of patients taking a diuretic and then loading up on potassium, it can easily cause a condition called hyperkalemia, which is often how bodybuilders die at contests.

Go get checked out, and lay off the heavy lifting until this point. Things like this are always better to air on the side of caution.

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks you guys for the support, but hopefully it just subsides. But I just don't get how other teenagers don't have the same problems. I don't know anyone that gets heart palipations. Or maybe they just don't notice or care about them. But I don't know, all I know is that I have comfort from the people of MM. Thanks again!:linedrunk:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks you guys for the support, but hopefully it just subsides. But I just don't get how other teenagers don't have the same problems. I don't know anyone that gets heart palipations. Or maybe they just don't notice or care about them. But I don't know, all I know is that I have comfort from the people of MM. Thanks again!:linedrunk:

Fuck the comfort from MM, if you have palpitations don't hope they subside, get it checked out, because if not YOU might subside.

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Once the doc is done with the physical, even if he thinks everything is fine, ask to get an ECG done.

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Oh I know I shouldn't rely on MM for comfort, I'm still going to get what ever is needed to get it checked out. But I also left this fact out, when I was born, I had a hole in my heart and "supposedly" they heal over time, and ever since I never had heart problems, ever ever ever, and now, I just get these heart flutters. But yeah, I'll do w/e it takes to get it cured, even if that means giving up lifting which God forbid I need to.