• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

MaKaVeLi's Long Road To Competition

MaKaVeLi

MaKaVeLi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've finally decided to post in this section my pictures that I've taken over the past week or so. It's been a difficult journey these past 3-4 years of training - battling through injuries, times of sickness and constantly trying to defy my genetically inherited deficiencies. Around 10 weeks ago I decided my goal was to get to under 10% bf by the end of June (while maintaining muscle mass). At that time I was around 80kgs and at approx 20%. Currently I'm 75kg at approx 16%. My (relatively) long term goal is to step on the stage some time early next year to prove to myself that I have the knowledge, determination and discipline to achieve a winning physique. I have a long journey ahead of me but I've certainly got the work-ethic, determination and constant hunger for knowledge in this field. All that's left is discipline because outside of these forums I have little or no support.

I'm not exactly the best poser...and almost all of these photos were taken by the only people I know who are willing to do so - my parents

I would say that my strengths are my anterior and posterior delts, triceps, back, quads and calves and I feel that my weaknesses include my hamstrings, biceps and forearms...critique away

Th 45549 IMG 02155 122 229lo 1

Th 45552 1IMG 0264 122 116lo 1

Th 45873 IMG 02170 122 335lo 1

Th 45874 IMG 02661 122 916lo 1

Th 45986 IMG 02159 122 647lo 1

Th 45991 IMG 02711 122 599lo 1

Th 45992 IMG 0292 122 660lo 1

Th 45998 IMG 0301 122 609lo 1

Th 46004 IMG 0306 122 200lo 1

Th 46072 IMG 0294 122 687lo 1

Th 46078 IMG 0326 122 219lo 1

Th 46085 IMG 0284 122 632lo 1

Last edited by a moderator:
knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
looks like you have a good foundation, and you seem to have the determination side down, good luck to you! im sure you'll be achieving your goals in no time, great back too!

MetalMX

MetalMX

Good back right their :coolguy:

Keep training hard, eating right and you'll get their dude. Don't ever let anyone stop you from reaching your goals, or telling you what you're doing is a waste of time, those are the people that i try to stay away from. IMO genetics don't mean anything consistency is what will bring you to achieve your goals.

Keep up the good work.

P

Pioneer

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looking good bro. Only thing is if your wanting to compete next year some time are you sure you want to be losing weight right now wouldn't you want to bulk up a bit more. But yeah I don't really know what I'm talking about. Either way best of luck to you man hope you achieve your goals.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Back looks good, and the quads aren't bad either. You have some good all over thickness that with harnessing your routine and diet can achieve better gains. Good luck with it all!

MaKaVeLi

MaKaVeLi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Knight Rider - thanks bro, appreciate the comments.

MetalMX - yeah I try to phase negative comments out of my mind and just focus on what I've gotta do...cheers dude :tiphat:

Pioneer - thanks mate. haha it's all good...Even when I tend to do a clean bulk I end up putting on fat too easily and I'd rather not end my off-season at 18%bf+. I'm keen reducing my bf to <10% so that my next cut won't be so time-consuming and arduous as is right now. At any rate I'll stay consistent and I'm sure it will pay off :coolguy:

Rocky - thanks for your comments mate. As soon as I'm finished with my bf reduction I'll be able to address my deficiencies a lot better and hopefully after 10-12 weeks I would have brought them up to my current areas of strength

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
your best bodyparts are all the ones that are hard to see in a mirror. calves,back,tris fantastic cant wait to see your progress mak. I notice in your right up you dont consider chest as a weakness or a strength?

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you sure do got some awesome width and size man, definitely some massiveness there

MaKaVeLi

MaKaVeLi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pickle - thanks bro, it's valuable to have your opinions/critique throughout my progress as I know you've gone through it all before and I reckon your physique was pretty awesome during your first contest - I think I could need your help in bringing up my hamstrings :coolguy: Yeah, there are a couple of areas which I'm not sure whether they fit into strengths or weaknesses like chest, and including traps, or medial delts... still undecided really. From what you can see what would you say?

Hypocrisy - thanks bud, really appreciate it! You're not looking too shabby yourself, I see you've made some drastic improvements to your physique over the past year or so. I hope I can reflect your achievements given time and effort.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Well Traps look balanced with the rest of your phsyique they are strong. Delts are strong as well. Chest I would say needs to be brought up to match the rest of your phsique. Im not saying anything is weak im just saying from these pics to achieve better balance blast ur chest. It could easily be the pics tho mak just post me a side chest for me to critique.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
MaKaVeLi

MaKaVeLi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thanks for your feedback mate. Yeah I think my traps are OK, I never train them anyway but I still don't feel the need to. I only do 2 upper-body sessions per week so it's hard to fit it into my routine. In terms of my delts I just feel my anterior delts dominate too much over my medial delts and I think they could be over-powering my chest too. Yeah I'll post up a side-chest - folks just took off with the camera overseas so It'l have to wait til they get back. For the next week or so I'ma "blast my chest" so that it'll look decent by the time I take the pic :D

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good foundation u have there man, and best of luck w/ the cut it should be exciting to see ur transformation unfold

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
looking good bro, and will look much better w the lower BF. If u decide to do a show good luck with everything broski, well be routing u on u know that already!

God Bless
Ben

PUMBA

PUMBA

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
G'day mate, lookin good hey. legs lookin thick mate and good width across your back.

keep up the good work.:xyxthumbs:

MaKaVeLi

MaKaVeLi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Turkish - thanks a lot bud! appreciate the comments

BigBen - hey mate! thanks for stopping in

Pumba - cheers man, I'm workin hard to get sose tree trunks and a really solid back

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great looking physique my man!! i see those sessions in the training log are working for you!! keep up the good work man!

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Not bad bro.Id say your back and legs are your best bodyparts.Keep working hard:xyxthumbs:

MaKaVeLi

MaKaVeLi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
PrinceVegeta - thanks a lot, really appreciate it.

Lionheart - still a long way to go for a competitive physique, but I'm really happy that over the past 12 months I've been able to transform my back and quads from areas of definite weakness to areas of strength.

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
makaveli in this, killuminati all thru your body :D

If you work hard you will get rewarded with the physique you always wanted

MaKaVeLi

MaKaVeLi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Archillies - haha you know it! blows like a 12 guage shotty....

thanks bro, yeah I'm willing to work as hard as it takes to get there