• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Front Double Bi - Phil or Dex?

Who is the winner in this pose?

• Phil Heath

Votes: 69 66.3%
  • Dexter Jackson

Votes: 35 33.7%

• Total voters
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok lets settle this. Lanois thinks Dex beats Phil in the Front Double Bi, I think he is very wrong. Let's see what everyone else thinks.

IMG_1239-1.jpg
IMG_1252-1.jpg

Edit: excuse the typo on Phil's name with the "e" at the end of his name. I suck at typing on laptops :doh:

jwill0214

jwill0214

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think dexter overall in that picture looks better. I KNOW I KNOW Phil is more conditioned and his arms might be bigger. But something about Dex just seems more pleasing to the eye.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think dexter overall in that picture looks better. I KNOW I KNOW Phil is more conditioned and his arms might be bigger. But something about Dex just seems more pleasing to the eye.

Dex does look great. Don't get me wrong, but I don't see him beating Phil here. Ultimately, we will see what the judges think come Olympia time. Stoked to see what happens!

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Obviously Phil appears a little more dry/lean here but I do prefer the structure on Dex here.... I am undecided.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Dex does look great. Don't get me wrong, but I don't see him beating Phil here. Ultimately, we will see what the judges think come Olympia time. Stoked to see what happens!

I agree totally.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Both look incredible in that shot, but for me Phil has better legs, and looks more balanced, overall i give it to Heath in this comparison.

curtisymoo

curtisymoo

aside from condition and that i'd like to say phil...
dex has great aesthetics and his FDB just FLOWS.
idk what to think though phil is just wow

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP

Agreed, I just can't see anything that Dex has over Phil, whereas Phil has better lats, forearms, conditioning, legs. Their upper-arms look, ignoring condition, pretty equal, as does their chests, delts and waistlines.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
They are both supreme on this pose.

I don't get why some people keep saying "Phil all the way", "Dex by a mile" and things like that. They are EVEN! If you give Phil a 95 out of 100 you should give Dex a 93-97 out of 100!

Some of you are being too fanatic :D:D:D

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i give it to phil. better lower body mainly. in the upper body theyre pretty much equal.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i give it to phil. better lower body mainly. in the upper body theyre pretty much equal.

That is where I think Phil takes it as well. Both have incredible arms and upper bodies with nice tapers. Phil's thighs and separation are much better than Dex.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That is where I think Phil takes it as well. Both have incredible arms and upper bodies with nice tapers. Phil's thighs and separation are much better than Dex.

exactly, and lets not forget the calves. phil actually have them:49:

Q

quorom

Phil looks better I think. I think they both look great but my eyes are always drawn to Dex's left arm being slightly smaller than his right. I don't know why, it's not even very noticeable but that's the first thing I see. And even though neither is in contest condition, when they are Dexter never really has great cuts on his quads and calves are really lacking.

Lanois

Lanois

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm liking how this thread turned out braaq, I was honestly expecting more of the "you need to get your eyes checked" and "phil heath all the way" comments.

That being said here's my take on this shot:
1. looking at dexter's chest compared to phil's it has a far better tie in creating the illusion of width, whereas phil's look more hunched up.
2. Dexter lats look fuller than phil's in this pose, even though they look alot thinner than phil's from the back.
3. Dexter's obliques make a straight line down to his hips, whereas phil's stick out abit. this in turn makes dexter flow better in this pose.
4.even though Phil has great legs, dexter has a better outer thigh sweep going from his hips to his knees.
5. Phil obviously beats dexter on calves, but this isnt that obvious from the front as from the back.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
dexter even though phil is bigger, dexter has a better structure..

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In the pics we have to compare, I dont think phils calves even look any/much better than dex's.

Salt

Salt

Dex got some wider lats than phil. But Dex' lat is bit higher attached (maybe his upperbody is a bit longer than Phil's). In the rest Phil wins by a margain.