• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Alcohol and Training?

C

crossfirebmf

Levrone drank everyday and probably still does. He did fine lol

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Depends on how much you drink. Enough in one night can lower test levels by up to 25% for 48 hours. Everything in moderation and you will be fine. It is also important to recognize that alcohol cant be converted in to blood sugar so it makes it an extremely empty calorie.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the best is to not drink at all...
if you HAVE to drink stick with the above banter... if your just one of those suckers who drinks.. not because he wants to or enjoys it but because of other people, everyone makes poor you drink etc...... then you can do with out it
otherwise 1 or 2 beers imo wont change much.. just make sure that night you get plenty of good rest and a very good meal in the morning and i see no reason to worry at all
anyways its not like in the longer run you could have put on a billion kilos of muscle if you hadnt drank beer...
you shouldmt be worrying about the effects of 1 or 2 beers if you have no future plans for competition in sports
worry about the food

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

You best be joking guys... I go out drinking/clubbing like a massive alcoholic about 3-4 times a week D:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
if you HAVE to drink stick with the above banter... if your just one of those suckers who drinks.. not because he wants to or enjoys it but because of other people, everyone makes poor you drink etc...... then you can do with out it
otherwise 1 or 2 beers imo wont change much.. just make sure that night you get plenty of good rest and a very good meal in the morning and i see no reason to worry at all
anyways its not like in the longer run you could have put on a billion kilos of muscle if you hadnt drank beer...
you shouldmt be worrying about the effects of 1 or 2 beers if you have no future plans for competition in sports
worry about the food

Don't be an idiot.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP

40yearoldvirgin-1.jpg

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^:49:

I can barely drink anymore, no idea why. I'm only 20 but when I actually go out I feel like an old man ****

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
http://www.streetdirectory.com/travel_guide/41581/health/alcohol_and_muscles.html

yes it does. lowers protein synthesis and lowers testosterone therefore elevation of estrogen

Not to state the obvious but throughout the article it references studies that tested "LARGE AMOUNTS OF ALCOHOL". The effects of small amounts are minimal and can actually be positive. I wouldn't get caught up in worrying about having an occassional drink. If you are regularly getting blind drunk then you have bigger issues to worry about than protein synthesis and T levels.

MrChewiebitums said:
worry about the food

Why don't we just change your user handle to MrKilljoy. :doh:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

go ahead and change it for me... mrchewiebitums is too long anyways
and my username can be more consistant with what i do

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
c'mon tim and freako, chewie is entitled to his opinion as everyone else. seems like ur alittle out to get him lately. whats the deal here?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
c'mon tim and freako, chewie is entitled to his opinion as everyone else. seems like ur alittle out to get him lately. whats the deal here?

You're reading far too much into absolutely nothing here dude.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You're reading far too much into absolutely nothing here dude.

i dont think so. he's a relatively new member, and ive seen alot of dirt getting thrown his way, being called stupid, gay etc whenever he makes a post is kinda unnecessary. if he feels that staying away from alchohol is the best thing, then so be it. the thread starter wondered about what kind of impact alchohol would have on his training, and chewie offered his advice and didnt attack anyone with his post. no reason to shoot him down for it, and not a good way to embrace new members thats all:)

G

Gringo

I guess a bottle of bundy would equal a large amount of alcohol?

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i dont think so. he's a relatively new member, and ive seen alot of dirt getting thrown his way, being called stupid, gay etc whenever he makes a post is kinda unnecessary. if he feels that staying away from alchohol is the best thing, then so be it. the thread starter wondered about what kind of impact alchohol would have on his training, and chewie offered his advice and didnt attack anyone with his post. no reason to shoot him down for it, and not a good way to embrace new members thats all:)

Post 26 what kurty made bold...
Sorry for the big letters :(

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
if you dont want to drink but drank solely because other people made you do it...... you are an idiot

you have made the decision not to drink.. for one reason or another but let other people influence you.. you are an idiot and perhaps should rethink the way you handle the pple around you

how am is what i say stupid?
if you let other people influence you then your a sucker... you get sucked in to what they are saying...

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

the guy asked and i gave him one of many answers...

if you have to drink for various reasonable reasons then drink something... but if you drink for stupid reasons then you could have gone with out it.

stupid reasons > my friends made me, because it makes me look cool, for the sake of it, to fit in with everyone

reasonable reasons > i like it, its tastey, i enjoy drink ABC

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
if you dont want to drink but drank solely because other people made you do it...... you are an idiot

you have made the decision not to drink.. for one reason or another but let other people influence you.. you are an idiot and perhaps should rethink the way you handle the pple around you

how am is what i say stupid?
if you let other people influence you then your a sucker... you get sucked in to what they are saying...

Can you be any more preachy!