• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Beefcake - Die For Metal

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When I first started doing DC, most of my lifts were close to half of those. Then I got some training from the Canadian Shot-Put Olympiad (He live next to my grandparents, so he was more then happy to help me out. :xyxthumbs:) Then, after doing DoggCrapp and using the progressive overload system, I got WAYYY stronger. I highly recommend DC training for those who have a strong stomach and a high tolerance to pain.

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Since today was Tuesday, it was time for Back, Biceps, Triceps, Abs (in that order too).

Back
Lat Pull Down
120lbs - 1 set, 25 reps
170lbs - 2 sets, 15 reps ea.
210lbs - 2 set, 12 reps

Our Lat Pull Down station only goes up to 210lbs by the way. Normally, I'd add more weight, but I just said, fuck it, I feel good with how I felt.

Bent Over Barbell Rows
135lbs - 1 set, 20 reps
185lbs - 1 set, 15 reps
225lbs - 1 set, 8 reps
275lbs - 1 set, rest paused for 2, then 2 more.

Biceps
EZ-Bar Curls
115lbs - 3 sets, 8 reps each

21's
75lbs

Triceps
French Presses
65lbs - 1 set, 15 reps
75lbs - 1 set, 12 reps
80lbs - 1 set, 8 reps
85lbs - 1 set, 3 reps

Dumbell Kick-backs
60lbs - 3 sets, 12 reps ea.

Abs
100 Crunches
30 Hanging Knee Raises

DC Extreme Stretch
Today, I'll describe my bicep stretch.
For Bi's, you grab a lat machine at arround shoulder height, so that your arm is just above parallel, and start to push away so that your leaning backward and sideways. I did this 3 times on each side, for 30 seconds each.

Post Workout Reflections
Overall, a good session today. I felt much better than I did yesterday. It was a good thing I had my iPod today, because I think it really helped to motivate me and get me set for the weight. Fade Away by Diecast was the song of the day today. Hopefully tomorrow with be as good of a day.

Hail and Kill boys!

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
thats the beefcake we all know and love right there :xyxthumbs:

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey all! Since today was Wednesday, it was time for Shoulders/Traps and Forearms in that order. I was supposed to do calves today, but I did them on Monday, so there was no need to train them further today.

Shoulders
Front Delt Dumbell Raise
20lbs - 2 sets, 20 reps
30lbs - 1 set, 15 reps
40lbs - 1 set, 12 reps
50lbs - 1 set, 6 reps

Smith Machine Behind-the-neck Press
(our smith machine bar weighs about 25lbs give or take, we can't figure it out)
95lbs - 1 set, 20 reps
115lbs - 1 set, 15 reps
205lbs - 3 sets, 10 reps ea.
225lbs - 1 set, rest paused for 2, 1, then 2

Upright Barbell Row
95lbs - 1 set, 20 reps
135lbs - 2 sets, 8 reps ea.
165lbs - 1 set, rest paused for 2, 3, then 1

Dumbell Shrugs
80lbs - 1 set, 15 reps
100lbs - 2 sets, 12 reps ea.

Haney Shrugs
135lbs - 1 set, 12 reps
225lbs - 2 sets, 6 reps ea.
315lbs - 1 set, 4 reps

Forearms
Thor's Hammer
100 each side

Reverse Barbell Curls
135lbs - 2 sets, 12 reps ea.

Wrist Curls
50lbs - 1 set, 25 reps
60lbs - 3 sets, 25 reps each.
(I had to stop halfway through my third set because the pump was so intense I was losing grip, so I rested for 30 seconds then went back to it)

DC Extreme Stretch
Today I'll explain my forearm stretch in detail. To do this stretch you need an standard olympic bar with a 45 plate on each side, which is 135lbs. You get set up as if you're going to do a wrist curl, but instead of coming back up you let the weight hang from your fingers, then after about 20 seconds of excruciating pain, you bring the weight up, then back down for 15 seconds, then back up again, then down for 10, then up, then down for 5, then up and then down for 5 again, then you drop the weight and call it a day :xyxthumbs:

Post Workout Reflections
I felt really good today, so that's probably why I was able to use some of the weights I did today. I've been having a problem with the pump in my forearms being so intense that I find it difficult to do simple things, like dumbell curls, shrugs, deadlift, etc. Anything that requires a strong grip. Hopefully next time I'll be able to do some more weights before my forearms give out before the desired muscle group does. Tomorrow's my strongman day, and I'm already pumped about it. I haven't done anything strongman in about a month and I'm looking forward to it big time. (Just to let you all know, that's one of my future aspirations, to be a Strongman, like Big Kaz) And it's official, I'm going to the Arnold Classic. Only cost me 200 bucks for room, meals, and the tickets (I tried to get the best seats I could, so I might be in the V.I.P. section) for the Men's Final Posing and the Expo. All together for myself and my dad, it was arround $425 U.S.D. So I hope to see some of you guys there!

Hail and Kill boys!

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
only gemini's are as hardcore as that :xyxthumbs:

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Today was Thursday, so that meant Stongman Type events. The first part of my training took part at my school and the second part took place at a park behind my house with a track on it.

This is what I did at school:
Clean And Press
135lbs - 3 sets, 10 reps ea.
155lbs - 1 set, 5 reps

Conan's Wheel
(Last year I made a rudimentary Conan's Wheel out of an olympic barbell and a vertical stone pillar that runs down the middle of the workout room. I load the weights on the end and use it like that.)
135lbs - 2 revolutions
180lbs - 2 revolutions
225lbs - 2 revloutions
270lbs - 2 revolutions
315lbs - 1 revolution
335lbs - 1 revolution

Farmer's Walk
100lb Dumbells - 70 seconds
90lb Dumbells - 60 seconds
80lb Dumbells - 50 seconds
70lb Dumbells - 40 seconds

Crucifix
40lb (laterally held) - 18 seconds
70lb (1 dumbell held straight out in front) - 23 seconds

And that was it for my school workout. Then I proceded to the park near my house.
There I have access to a large tire.

Tire Flips
(Now, if I'm not mistaken, this tire only weighs about ~500lbs)
15 flips - 50 Secs.
10 flips - 38 secs.
8 flips - 43 secs.

Then I jogged arround the track for 10 minutes and called it a day.

No DC extreme stretch today.

Post Workout Reflections
Great workout today. I felt ready and was anxious to hit it hard. Next week, I'll see if I can get my dad to let me use his truck to pull it :xyxthumbs: I hurt my shoulder when I was doing the Clean And Press a little though, and now it's a little bit sore to move, but I've iced it, and now it's got Tiger Balm on it. I should be okay, I just need to rest. This was a good way to end my workouts for this week. Next time, I'll try and get a bit more on the Conan's Wheel because I probably could have gone about...20 lbs heavier, but oh well, live and learn. On Monday, I'll be starting my GVT training, so the weights I use won't be as high as normal, but they'll be adequate.

Hail and Kill boys!

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
your gonna make Mariuz jealous one day man!
those tire flips are jaw-dropping,
keep it up man!

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
More extreme sessions. Love the strongman lift session - way to mix it up. Looks real good.

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks guys! It motivates me to keep training harder. :xyxthumbs:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome sessions man....just remember to give props to musclemecca when u win worlds strongest man in 2015!

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'll wear a t-shirt :xyxthumbs:

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Didn't have time to update yesterday, so I'll do yesterday's log and today's log today. Chest, Calves, Legs :xyxthumbs:
(Also Today is GVT week, so my logs will be German Volume style)

Chest
Flat Bench
180lbs - 10 sets, 10 reps ea.

Calves
Standing Calf Raises
500lbs - 10 sets, 10 reps ea.

Legs
315lbs - 10 sets, 10 reps ea.

DC Extreme Stretch
I'll describe my chest stretch this time. I grabbed an 85lb dumbell for each hand and did 1 rep and on the decent, dropped my elbows all the way down so they were almost touching the floor. I held that position for about 15 seconds before I had to drop the weight. The Second time I did it, I got about 20 seconds before I had to drop it. The third time, I got about 10 seconds before I couldn't take anymore.

Post Workout Reflections
All in all, great workout. I had tons of energy, got some good sets and reps in. Had a decent dinner and was ready and rearing to go the next day. In case you guys couldn't tell yet, GVT is doing 10 reps a set for 10 sets. But you only do 1 exercise per bodypart. It's very similar to DC training. It's a GREAT way to build strength, stamina, and raw power. Should be a great week!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back, Biceps, Triceps, Abs.

Back
Under-Hand Barbell Rows
225lbs - 10 sets, 10 reps ea.

Biceps
EZ-Bar Curls
100lbs - 10 sets, 10 reps ea.

Triceps
Skull Crushers
135lbs - 10 sets, 10 reps ea.

Abs
Decline Crunches
90lbs - 10 sets, 10 reps ea.

DC Extreme Stretch
Today I'll describe my back stretch. I grabbed the chin-up bar wide-gripped, and pulled myself up and held that for as long as I could. I got about 10 seconds, then dropped for 10 seconds. Rested for about 5 seconds, then got up and held for 15 seconds, then dropped for 20 seconds. Then pulled up and held for 8 seconds and then I was done and could barely stand.

Post Workout Reflections
Another great day today! I felt energized, rested and ready to go at it full force. Although my back felt like it didn't get that stretched at the end DC Extreme, it was easily fixed by hanging from a power rack with a barbell in it. I felt great when I got in my car, then had a nice dinner of chicken and rice. Tomorrow should be equally as great if all goes as it has been.

Hail and Kill boys!

Natureboypkr

Natureboypkr

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Is that German Volume Training, that's some hardcore stuff bro

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
GVT is intense. I suggest it to anyone looking to improve their bench, squat, and deadlift. It seems to make mine go up by about 5lbs each time I do a cycle of it.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice going. Sessions look good. As does the weight. Big curling weight! Hell - big everything weight!!

T

The Sheriff

ive heard good things about GVT, obviously working for you!!!

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Today was Shoulders/Traps, Calves, Forearms.

Shoulders
Smith Machine Press
225lbs - 10 sets, 10 reps ea.

Traps
Barbell Shrugs
405lbs - 10 sets, 10 reps ea.

Calves
Seated Calf Raise
500lbs - 10 sets, 10 reps ea.

Forearms
Standing Front Wrist Curls
135lbs - 10 sets, 10 reps ea.

DC Extreme Stretch
Shoulder explaniation today. For this I had a power rack with a bar at mid forehead level. You grab at a shoulder width, and let yourself hang down so your knees almost touch the floor and you're on the toes of your shoes. Thrust your chest forward until you feel the stretch, then stop there. I got about 25 seconds there, then moved back. Stood up and rested for 10 seconds, then went back and hung there for about 20 seconds, then stood back up. Repeated for about 3 more cycles of this, then I was SPENT.

Post Workout Reflections
Once again, great day. I could really feel my shoulders growing today. Unlike last week, my shoulders didn't even feel pinched after. My rotator cuff injury from a few months back is completely gone now :xyxthumbs: My calves seem to have hit a plateau in growth. They've been stuck at about 24" for the last year or so. My school's standing calf raise machine only goes up to 600lbs, but you can add a max of two 45lb plates on the back before the pin comes out. Even though they're still pretty big, they have gotten more defined. I have a few new veins on them, but that's about it. Any suggestions for getting that extra half inch or so? Good session today all-in-all though.

Hail and Kill boys!