• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Best movie trilogy of all time?

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
once upon a time in china :coolguy:

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Aw, come on Line, no love for Star Wars? I know from a thematic standpoint they're not the greatest but you've gotta appreciate what they did for movies.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Aw, come on Line, no love for Star Wars? I know from a thematic standpoint they're not the greatest but you've gotta appreciate what they did for movies.
The OT would be my second choice.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
The Matrix
Godfather
and Rocky series :hsughr:

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The second and third one suck.

For your rant on thematic elements i wouldn't have expected this, though the second and third ones did not carry the startling revelation of realizing the world may be a scam they had other great elements. I thought the wachowskis did a great job of working the story of christ into an entirely new medium. Each movie showed progression through the story, though keanu's acting ability in those movies was equal to that of a 2x4 which hampered them a little.

I thought the blade trilogy was very good as far as comic book adaptations, i would mention spiderman except for the abortion that was the third film. Seriously how do you screw up the story of the black suit and of venom?!

But I think LOTR and Starwars (episodes 4 - 6) resonate with me the most. The story of redemption of vader in starwars, and the story sheer determination of lord of the rings. Going up against all odds to succeed.

As for the godfather, i have never really found them that interesting. Though i will commend their filmmaking, it was first rate. I believe the reason i don't find them that interesting is that every gangster movie since godfather has stolen elements of it, and i saw them before it, so by the time i saw godfather all the ideas and premises were old and tired to me.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Karate Kid
fjdcv7-1.jpg

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
high_five

high_five

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is a very tough one...My top four, in no particular order, would be Bourne trilogy, Pirates trilogy, LOTR, Leone's Dollar trilogy.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Epic bumpage...

My faves, not sure of order:
LOTR
Bourne
Godfather
Terminator (even though the 3rd one wasn't that great)

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i would have to say:
LOTR
Back to the Future

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Either Die Hard, Bourne or Indiana Jones.

I'd say Die Hard because the new one was good as well.

LOTR = sappy and too long
Original Star Wars = carried by one actor
New Star Wars = wooden acting by everyone

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Either Die Hard, Bourne or Indiana Jones.

I'd say Die Hard because the new one was good as well.

LOTR = sappy and too long
Original Star Wars = carried by one actor
New Star Wars = wooden acting by everyone
Who would that be? Also, you didn't refute The Godfather at all, which is still my choice as I'd give the first two ratings of 10 and the third a 7. Outside of Antonioni's unofficial alienation trilogy (which I'd rate as 9.5, 8.5, and 9), I can't think of any series of three films that come close to cohesive excellence.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Who would that be? Also, you didn't refute The Godfather at all, which is still my choice as I'd give the first two ratings of 10 and the third a 7. Outside of Antonioni's unofficial alienation trilogy (which I'd rate as 9.5, 8.5, and 9), I can't think of any series of three films that come close to cohesive excellence.

Actually I completely forgot the Aliens and Godfather films!

I think the Godfather ranks above Die hard, but Aliens is below that. I base that mainly on Aliens not being as well plotted as it could have been in the sequels (seem to grow without eating, etc).

So:
Godfather
Die Hard
Aliens
Bourne = Indiana Jones
Star Wars
LOTR
New Star Wars

But once again I have probably forgotten several movies.

DCuts85

DCuts85

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lord of the Rings takes the cake.

Did you say cake... biggrinsanta

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Fellowship of the Ring - 6.5
Two Towers - 6
Return of the King - 5.5

:xmaswiggle:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fellowship of the Ring - 6.5
Two Towers - 6
Return of the King - 5.5

:xmaswiggle:
I pretty much agree with this.

Don't get me wrong I really enjoyed these films and even went so far as to read the waffly book (enjoyed it despite the waffling). But they weren't the great masterpieces that everyone claimed them to be. While they were well done there were some aspects of the plot that were left out, they were really too long, the last film didn't end, but then again none of them did (at least star wars had definite parts to it), and to top it off the militaristic mateship and bond was portrayed as just a bit gay.