• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Big Boy Basics bodybuilding log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Great deadlifts there.

Sentinel

Sentinel

Thanks guys :)

Sentinel

Sentinel

Back Training
Mesocycle 17 - Week 2

Beginning Thoughts:

This is yesterday's workout..

Workout:

Chest Supported Rows:
160 lbs x 6 reps x 4 sets
195 lbs x 2 reps
Double progression right here, guys...If y'all want to read up on Single, Double and Triple Progression, check out this article: Strength Training with Single, Double and Triple Progression.

Pull-ups:
BW + 20 lbs x 2 reps
BW + 20 lbs x 3 + 3 reps
BW + 40 lbs x 1 + 1 + 1 reps
BW + 50 lbs x 2 reps
BW + 40 lbs x 2 reps
Total Reps = 15
Decent work...

High Cable Rows:
75 kgs x 10 reps x 3 sets

Facepulls:
40 kgs x 12 reps x 2 sets

Suitcase Deadlifts:
115 lbs x 6 reps x 2 sets

Hanging Air Kicks:
BW x 20 reps x 2 sets

Videos:

Chest Supported Rows & Pull-ups:

Overall Impression:

I hope y'all have had a good weekend thus far...I went and saw Sherlock Holmes and thought it was pretty entertaining. I'm looking forward to seeing the Book of Eli.

Tonight is Squat Training. I leave for the US on Monday night and I arrive on Tuesday (US Time). So, I won't be training for the next 3 days at the least. I've shifted my Deadlift Training from my usual Thursdays to Fridays over the last 2 weeks but I will resume Deadlifting on Thursdays once again as soon as I get back. So after tonight's squat training update, the next journal update will be on Thursday of the following week. I know I'll be having only 6 days between Deadlift sessions but I should be fine because I will have rested for 4 nights and 3 days straight before my workout. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
X

Xiva

Banned
"I went and saw Sherlock Holmes "

I saw it yesteday as well, i found it awesome!

Good workout!

Sentinel

Sentinel

"I went and saw Sherlock Holmes "

I saw it yesteday as well, i found it awesome!

Good workout!
It really was pretty awesome. I'm VERY excited to see The Book of Eli:

Sentinel

Sentinel

Full Body Training
Mesocycle 17 - Week 2

Beginning Thoughts:

This is Sunday's workout. Like I mentioned before, I won't be hitting the gym till Thursday so I had to modify my press and squat training days and basically combine them. The exercise order is a bit unorthodox (for me) because I was making the workout on the spot. I was very sore from Back Training the day before. This was my 3rd workout in a row - something I rarely ever do so I didn't make it too crazy!​

Workout:

Flat Dumbbell Press:
75 lbs x 6 reps x 3 sets
I have been suffering from some shoulder pain recently. I may have not mentioned this before but I suffer from genetically loose shoulder joints which are very prone to dislocations (which are very painful - not the fun kind). So, I have to maintain a very delicate balance between pushing and pulling exercises and over the last month my pulling has overly exceeded by pressing - which is also bad for me. So, I am going to start pressing a bit more. It's weird because too much and too little pressing both mess up my posture and my shoulder girdle's happiness.
Pull-ups:
BW x 8 reps
BW x 10 reps
BW x 8 + 3 reps
Total = 28 reps
I know I did Pull-ups like 2 days back to back but this felt really good on my shoulders.
Front Squats:
185 lbs x 3 reps
195 lbs x 3 reps
205 lbs x 3 reps
215 lbs x 3 reps
225 lbs x 3 reps
235 lbs x 3 reps
185 lbs x 7 reps
Still working on technique. Gonna do some lower weight and much much more volume next week. The best way to get my body to adapt to this new grip is to practice, practice and practice some more. So volume is where this is at. Though, I need to make sure quality remains awesome.
Dumbbell Windmills:
14 kgs x 6 reps x 3 sets
Push-ups:
BW x 10 reps x 3 sets
My shoulder hurt a LOT initially with this but I finished each set off with some scapular push-ups which REALLY helped me. I could hear the clicking as my shoulder slid into place. Good times...
Hammer Curls:
22 kgs x 5 reps
Unilateral Shoulder Press:
66 lbs x 3 reps
66 lbs x 5 reps
This felt really good on my shoulder.

Videos:

Flat Dumbbell Presses, Pull-ups, Front Squats and Unilateral Shoulder Presses:​

Overall Impression:

I leave tonight....Damn, my body is so painfully sore its unbelievable. Muscles which I didn't know I even had are screaming in pain lol..!! I'm looking forward to the 16 hour flight tonight because I'll be fast asleep even before the plane takes off.​
I hope everyone's having a good weekend and good luck to y'all for next week! I'll see y'all on the other side! :D

Sentinel

Sentinel

Deadlift Training
Mesocycle 17 - Week 3

Beginning Thoughts:

I am feeling very weak and tired...I've been under the weather recently and I shouldn't have gone to the gym but I am too stubborn and hard headed to quit.​

Workout:

Deadlifts:
(415 lbs x 2 reps x 3 minisets) x 2 cluster sets
I felt very weak and really just sick and ill today...and it took a huge toll on me. You guys can see my form absolutely deteriorate in the video...
Front Squats:
205 lbs x 3 reps
I wasn't feeling good and I had nothing in the gas after this. Actually, thats not true: I could've done another 2 sets but I wanted to keep something in the tank. I will do better on my Squat Day later this weekend.
Weird Ab Exercise:
BW x static holds x 3 sets

Videos:

Deadlifts & Front Squats:​

Overall Impression:

I hope everyone's had a great week. I am looking forward to this weekend!!! :)

X

Xiva

Banned
To bad with the energy :(

You'll own the shit next time :)

How long breaks do you have in Cluster?

Sentinel

Sentinel

To bad with the energy :(

You'll own the shit next time :)

How long breaks do you have in Cluster?
Clusters can have anywhere from 30 seconds to 90 seconds rest intervals though people usually keep it around 45-60. I took a bit longer rest this time compared to the last because I was trying to go for 4 doubles not 3 however...we all know how well that turned out, right? hahha...So yeah, its an arbitrary number and the goal is to move more weight in less time therefore it really depends on the individual doing the cluster.

I hope that answered your question and thanks for the encouragement. I am sure next week will be a better session. Hopefully I won't feel so sick.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Never seen this log before.
Your gym is a paradise with all those platforms and racks. Strong deads and that cluster should be a very good tool for strength training.

Sentinel

Sentinel

Never seen this log before.
Your gym is a paradise with all those platforms and racks. Strong deads and that cluster should be a very good tool for strength training.

My gym is really awesome. It has everything I need :)

Cluster sets should help me because its much more work in less time though I am taking time to get used to them unfortunately. But, I think in another 2 weeks I should be good to go. Next week I am pretty determined to hit (415x2x4)x2 and if that happens I am going to try the week after to hit (425x1x5)x2 and begin the rampup process from then on.

jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
take care man

X

Xiva

Banned
When i'm gonna do my clusters next "block" it will be 5x1 with 10 seconds break. I'm looking forward to see how that works :)

Sentinel

Sentinel

When i'm gonna do my clusters next "block" it will be 5x1 with 10 seconds break. I'm looking forward to see how that works :)
I've never heard of any strength trainee taking such short breaks...that would defeat the purpose of slinging heavy weight but I guess it all depends on your relative max and its effort on you so I hope it goes well for you. You don't need to have anything set in stone though...cluster sets aren't rest-paused sets - they're clusters.

X

Xiva

Banned
It's gonna be fun to try atleast.

Sentinel

Sentinel

Squat Training
Mesocycle 17 - Week 3

Beginning Thoughts:

I am in Dallas right now for the MLK weekend and I went to LA Fitness to workout like normal. I've been eating like a 150 lb'er so I did not have as much energy as normal. On another note: I weighed myself this morning at 195.5 lbs which is about 5 lbs less than last month. So I am pretty pleased with myself. I want to drop to 180-185 though.​

Workout:

Overhead Squats:
135 lbs x 3 reps
145 lbs x 3 reps
155 lbs x 2 reps
I need to practice more with this. Next week I am going to do more work in this same weight range.
Front Squats:
205 lbs x 3 reps x 3 sets
225 lbs x 3 reps x 3 sets
Damn my wrists hurt like a bitch after these!!!
Back Squats:
315 lbs x 1 rep x 3 sets
I wasn't going to do these but I figured I'd try. My form on the first rep sucked but I was able to keep my chest up for sets 2 and 3.
Farmers Walks:
125 lbs x 1 trip x 3 sets
This was super difficult. My grip has been lagging pretty bad. It's been 4 weeks since I've done any grip training but I am gonna work on this from now on out.
Plate Pinches:
25 lbs x 30 seconds x 2 sets
Pallof Press:
42.5 lbs x 12 reps
47.5 lbs x 12 reps
50.0 lbs x 12 reps

Videos:

Overhead Squats, Front Squats and Back Squats:​

Overall Impression:

This workout was better than the last disaster of a Deadlift workout mainly because I felt better. I think my diet has to be improved greatly if I want to continue progressing and that is what I am going to do.​

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Another grip trainer, good to see.

Sentinel

Sentinel

^^^ Oh yeah....Grip training is essential to having a big deadlift :)

Status
Not open for further replies.