• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bodybuilding Icon Tom Platz Discloses His Battle with Bell's Palsy

• Thread starter Bodybuilding News
  • Start date
Bodybuilding News

Bodybuilding News

Tom Platz: A Glimpse Into His Illustrious Career

Tom Platz, one of bodybuilding's most celebrated figures, has achieved a myriad of accomplishments throughout his illustrious career. Known predominantly for his unparalleled leg development and intense workouts, Platz carved a niche for himself in bodybuilding history. Even in his retirement, he remains an embodiment of passion and dedication to the sport.

Though he never clinched a first-place trophy, the sheer enormity of his achievements lies beyond mere titles. From his early days of training to sharing stages with greats like Arnold Schwarzenegger, Platz's journey was filled with determination and milestones. His dedication was further underscored when he made the ambitious move to Los Angeles in 1978 after earning his degree, only to train at the renowned Gold's Gym alongside other eminent bodybuilders.

Recent Health Challenges: Bell's Palsy Diagnosis

The bodybuilding world was recently taken aback when Tom Platz disclosed his diagnosis with Bell's palsy. This condition results in weakening of facial muscles, typically affecting one side, leading to drooping and challenges in muscle control.

Originating from a recent stomach virus and compounded by overtraining, Platz's health was affected in ways that became increasingly noticeable. Fans and followers took to his videos and posts, pointing out the visible symptoms and expressing their concern. Platz, with his characteristic candor, addressed these concerns head-on.

“MANY OF YOU ARE ASKING ‘WHAT’S WRONG WITH TOM’S FACE?’ WHY IS HE TALKING LIKE STALLONE? I GOT SICK. I OVERTRAINED, OKAY. EVEN I CAN OVERTRAIN AND I GOT A STOMACH VIRUS AND THE NERVES IN MY FACE, IT’S GETTING MUCH, MUCH BETTER AND IT WILL GO AWAY, BUT THE NERVES IN MY FACE WERE CHALLENGED AND MY MOUTH DOESN’T OPEN PROPERLY, AS YOU CAN PROBABLY SEE.
I JUST WANTED TO TELL YOU THAT’S WHAT IT IS, OKAY. IT’S BELL’S PALSY THEY CALL IT. THE NERVES IN MY FACE. OF COURSE, CHA GAVE ME THE FOODS TO EAT. HE CHANGED MY DIET AROUND. I’M ON THE ROAD TO RECOVERY AND RECOVERY IS CHALLENGING. I DON’T LIKE TO TALK ABOUT IT BUT EVERYONE IS LIKE ‘WHAT’S WRONG WITH TOM?’ THAT’S WHAT’S WRONG WITH ME.”

Tom Platz Bell's Palsy

Bell's Palsy: Understanding the Condition

Bell's palsy is often perceived as a condition arising due to a reaction to a viral infection. With its primary manifestation being the weakening of facial muscles, individuals suffering from it often experience challenges in expressions and other facial movements.

Embracing Recovery: The Road Ahead for Tom Platz

Tom Platz's journey, filled with grit and resilience, has never been devoid of challenges. This recent health concern, although significant, is just another hurdle that Platz is determined to overcome. His proactive approach, including dietary adjustments and ongoing treatments, is testament to his indefatigable spirit.

As fans rally behind him, sending wishes and support, Platz remains optimistic about a swift and full recovery. This episode serves as a poignant reminder of the vulnerabilities even the most robust of us face and the unyielding spirit required to overcome them.