• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

BREAKING NEWS: Kai Out of Olympia!

Wolfdogs

Wolfdogs

If Vic Martinez doesn't do the Olympia, Branch will be top 5.

mexiFRO

mexiFRO

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I like his posing because its different and creative and he still hits every pose. Yes its odd but you don't know what to expect out of him. I'm sure he knows what he is doing and will come back as a bigger threat next year.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well line his posing is stupid because its abosuletely ridiculous. He parades around with stupid outfits on and dumb masks. Half the time he doesnt even pose he crawls around or climbs ladders or somethign ridiculous. If someone who has never seen bodybuilding saw him they would think our sport is some kind of freak show. Look at his fron double bi in the NY pro hiw stomach is huge and dont argue with me about it cause im not the only one on this forum who sees it.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree that when he first came out his posing was innovative and sometimes cool. But now he takes things way too far and does ridiculous things. Its a bodybuilding show and sometimes i think Kai forgets that. This link shows what im saying.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree with you tonyk212000.

His current posing is a disgrace and he is starting to show signs of palumboism. Even though I know he will be capable of maintaining his gut in check, it is still an important thing to notice.

gv0861

gv0861

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have to agree with you. The sport as it is is viewed as a freak event by the majority of people who do not know anything about it. It is when they are exposed to the intricate aspects of it that they see it as a serious endeavor. So we do not need individuals like Kai who claim to be innovative and creative when in reality they are being ridiculous. I am all for individuality, but I am not all for being stupid and silly.Especially when he is posing nude in highly dubious web sites.:ugh:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Well line his posing is stupid because its abosuletely ridiculous. He parades around with stupid outfits on and dumb masks.
Props were, within the past few years, just allowed by the IFBB during posing routines. Sure, you can look at bodybuilding and the abilities of displaying one's physique as an art form but I think that a bit of artisan fraud comes into play here because most people don't stay true to themselves the way Kai does. He's overtly expressionistic, yes, but the crowd enjoys it thoroughly. More to come...
tonyk212000 said:
Half the time he doesnt even pose he crawls around or climbs ladders or somethign ridiculous. If someone who has never seen bodybuilding saw him they would think our sport is some kind of freak show.
Bodybuilding is not a popular endeavor to partake in from a public standpoint, nor will it ever be one. The crowds that do attend bodybuilding shows almost unanimously enjoy his presence over the tedious display that many athletes put on. Maybe it's not your cup of tea but at the very least it's new and refreshing. Drawing new fans in isn't a fixable problem; keeping the ones we have though...
tonyk212000 said:
Look at his fron double bi in the NY pro hiw stomach is huge and dont argue with me about it cause im not the only one on this forum who sees it.
His stomach is far from "huge" and I'd appreciate it if you didn't tell me what I can argue and with who. The few words I stated regarding his gut are far more comprehensive than your own commentary. There was a thread after the NY show where it was concluded that the aforementioned pose is indeed his worst but he shows little to no sign of distention in the other mandatories or as he moves/poses. There are numerous athletes out there with far worse problems and none on his level of size, shape, and conditioning.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Im not gonna get sucked into an argument ive voiced my opinion and youve voiced ures. Its done with now.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes, God forbid we discuss things on this, a forum.

Im all for discussing it but at the rate were going its gonna turn into a heated argument real quick.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In contrary to you saying that Kai only looks like he has a large stomach is in his one pose and not in the others. We all no palumbo as having a large stomach but his stomach doesnt look large in his most moscular. Compare these:

Attachments

• palumbo 2.jpg
    palumbo 2.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 70
  • palumbo.jpg
    palumbo.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 73
Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
And I guess you consider these as poses. The reason bodybuilders pose is to display there body and there musculature. Posing is to show the judges your physique and I guess in a way to show why you should win. These dont seem like winning poses to me. I lnow he is guest posing in the one but seriously come on :dunnodude:

Attachments

• _47I1735_BCSRXVTOIQ.jpg
    _47I1735_BCSRXVTOIQ.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 71
  • _MG_6446.jpg
    _MG_6446.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 68
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Originally posted by Line
Props were, within the past few years, just allowed by the IFBB during posing routines. Sure, you can look at bodybuilding and the abilities of displaying one's physique as an art form but I think that a bit of artisan fraud comes into play here because most people don't stay true to themselves the way Kai does. He's overtly expressionistic, yes, but the crowd enjoys it thoroughly. More to come...

well put. agreed.

Bodybuilding is not a popular endeavor to partake in from a public standpoint, nor will it ever be one. The crowds that do attend bodybuilding shows almost unanimously enjoy his presence over the tedious display that many athletes put on. Maybe it's not your cup of tea but at the very least it's new and refreshing. Drawing new fans in isn't a fixable problem; keeping the ones we have though...

X10. i am just bored out of my mind watching most of these guys and there routines. jay's, wolf's, dexter's. all have awesome physiques, but there is no flair or style unique to them and it becomes very boaring to me. kai is one of the few guys who i will actually youtube his routines just to watch them because they're so different.

His stomach is far from "huge" and I'd appreciate it if you didn't tell me what I can argue and with who. The few words I stated regarding his gut are far more comprehensive than your own commentary. There was a thread after the NY show where it was concluded that the aforementioned pose is indeed his worst but he shows little to no sign of distention in the other mandatories or as he moves/poses. There are numerous athletes out there with far worse problems and none on his level of size, shape, and conditioning.

i do think this gut talk is a little silly. nearly every pro out there will show distension if not flexed and that shouldn't be counted against them. in the actual poses and mandatories, he looks great.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
And I guess you consider these as poses. The reason bodybuilders pose is to display there body and there musculature. Posing is to show the judges your physique and I guess in a way to show why you should win. These dont seem like winning poses to me. I lnow he is guest posing in the one but seriously come on :dunnodude:

the first picture he is showing his flexibility, with all that muscle its amazing how he can move like that. i think what he does on stage is amazing, while he does work in regular poses. and the second he is guest posing, just entertaining the crowd. im sure the crowd loved the routine, no point for him to strike regular poses when he is not in condition and not even competing..