• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Cheerleader gets a flu shot and can now only walk backwards

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Very Solid arguments IS, totally agree with you

The difference between getting hit with the flu and getting really sick or dying and taking a vaccine shot and having to live like that girl is pretty obvious, i rather lose the battle to the flu naturally then to be artificially damaged for life.

It's the basic difference in just living or having a quality life, i prefer dying from the flu, which is a small odd, then being fucked up for the rest of my life.

Plus, if it was life threatening, that i really needed the shot to even have a chance of fighting a disease while actually having it is a complete different matter then just a preventive shot.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think it's good with medicine to exercise caution before making unnecessary decisions. I am not anti vaccine by any means, I look at how diseases like Polio, TB, smallpox have been wiped out, and even things like the HPV vaccine in women seems very well tested and effective.

But, are flu vaccines needed? Maybe, maybe not. Statistically speaking, more people will die from the flu if they weren't vaccinated than if they received the vaccine and had a reaction to it.

I don't hold much credit in theories about vaccines weakening the body's natural defense, because by very definition, they expose the body to the antigen which enhances the body's ability to generate a humoral immunity response, and quickly/effectively produce antibodies to fight the antigen, should we be exposed to it (as Tim alluded to).

But, what there is a major problem with is over medicating and weakening the body's ability to combat other instances of infection, with the main one being bacterial infections. Many physicians will have a knee jerk reaction and prescribe antibiotics at the first sign of a sore throat, or something similar. The problem with this is that the bacteria can mutate, and antibiotic resistant strains can form, which the body is unable to properly defend. There is no doubt about this in my opinion, which is backed up by truckloads of credible scientific literature.

Having said all this, I choose not to get a flu shot, and I won't be getting a H1N1 flu shot. Still, I know that statistically I am much more likely to die or become ill from not getting the vaccine, than I am from getting it, however I have faith that through healthy living (avoiding excess germs, eating healthy, exercising) I will be able to combat any infections, and I choose not to risk being the one in tens of thousands who does have a serious reaction to a vaccine that lead to lifelong consequences.

I also feel that when the government works with physicians and puts the pressure on them, just because they feel the need to "do something", and they rush the development and production of a half-assed vaccine that hasn't been verified with nearly the same scrutiny that other vaccines have, that could have trouble written all over it.

Agreed.

I'm not getting the swine flu shot for several reasons: I've already been exposed to it a couple of times; I'm young and healthy; I never get flu vaccines anyway. I don't personally see the point of flu vaccines as we are generally exposed to several in any given year, especially if you have kids or have work collegues with kids. If we aren't getting a good enough exposure to keep our immune system on top of things that way then we are likely to need flu shots.

I also hate the overuse of antibiotics and the common household use of antibacterial agents. We already have antibiotic resistant staph and golden staph in hospitals currently, what happens when the nasty ones get out into the wider community?

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Very Solid arguments IS, totally agree with you

The difference between getting hit with the flu and getting really sick or dying and taking a vaccine shot and having to live like that girl is pretty obvious, i rather lose the battle to the flu naturally then to be artificially damaged for life.

It's the basic difference in just living or having a quality life, i prefer dying from the flu, which is a small odd, then being fucked up for the rest of my life.

Plus, if it was life threatening, that i really needed the shot to even have a chance of fighting a disease while actually having it is a complete different matter then just a preventive shot.

What she had was GBS which is an ultra rare disorder...with or without the flue shot she probably would have got the disease. They say maybe one in one million more of a chance of getting it if you get a flu shot. The flu shot won't give you GBS.

On another note the crazy conspiracy theories are running wild these days...New World Order is secretly issuing population control... don't take the flu shot it will kill you oh noes!!!!Oh and the h1N1 flu strain was developed in a factory in Montana and planted in Mexico by the CIA

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What she had was GBS which is an ultra rare disorder...with or without the flue shot she probably would have got the disease. They say maybe one in one million more of a chance of getting it if you get a flu shot. The flu shot won't give you GBS

Thanks for giving some more info on the case, there's no way you will get the facts just by watching the evening news.

I should mention though, I went into severe anaphylactic shock once when I was younger after I got an allergy shot, felt a huge head rush, throat closed off, passed out, had to be given epinephrine and was rushed to hospital where I spent the overnight on a heart monitor, so I tend to be very cautious when it comes to medical treatments :bitenails: ....

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ya dude I understand completely....I wasn't getting mine in fact I've never had an immunization shot before but my mother is a nurse and she wouldn't get off my case about it so I got the shot yesterday. Pro and cons on both sides and some real radicalists against it that's for sure!

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
holy shit i feel so bad for this girl

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Agreed.

I'm not getting the swine flu shot for several reasons: I've already been exposed to it a couple of times; I'm young and healthy; I never get flu vaccines anyway. I don't personally see the point of flu vaccines as we are generally exposed to several in any given year, especially if you have kids or have work collegues with kids. If we aren't getting a good enough exposure to keep our immune system on top of things that way then we are likely to need flu shots.

I also hate the overuse of antibiotics and the common household use of antibacterial agents. We already have antibiotic resistant staph and golden staph in hospitals currently, what happens when the nasty ones get out into the wider community?

I see what you did there hehe.