• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Chest issues.

jwill0214

jwill0214

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks for all the advice. I will sure use your advice when I train. And I try to increase my weight everytime I train chest.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Its like fast acting DOMS. Not sure how to explain it, but when I work a muscle hard, through the last sets or exercises I can feel the muscle tissue is already hurting, but with delts its a sharper pain. Nothing close to actually making me feel uncomfortable but it doesnt help focusing in the lift.

Its a pain as if I can feel the tissues rupturing, its pain, but its good pain. Although the delt pain is a bit too much.

Sounds like your shoulders are too weak. Do you do any heavy shoulder work?

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sounds like your shoulders are too weak. Do you do any heavy shoulder work?

Nope. Only thing I do for shoulder directly are lateral raises.

Every once in a while though, I see how strong my shoulders are. And I do dumbbell military pressess. Last time I did them, I could do 80% of my dumbbell bench pressing weight in shoulder press for reps.

Also, my front and rear delts are fucking HUGE. Middle delts suck and have shitty tie-in so they dont look big even though I can lateral raise 20 kg for 20 reps.

Maybe I have just more sensitivity in my delts ? So thats why they hurt more when benching ?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Look up some of the shoulder mobility tests and do them. Also video your bench from side on and from your head at bench height. See if your arms come down below the bench.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Its like fast acting DOMS. Not sure how to explain it, but when I work a muscle hard, through the last sets or exercises I can feel the muscle tissue is already hurting, but with delts its a sharper pain. Nothing close to actually making me feel uncomfortable but it doesnt help focusing in the lift.

Its a pain as if I can feel the tissues rupturing, its pain, but its good pain. Although the delt pain is a bit too much.
Fast acting delayed onset muscle soreness.

:keke:

Deity

Deity

Zigurd, I'd recommend implementing heavy OH pressing and some shoulder stabilty excersizes into your routine/protocol. It's most likely your rotators that are causing the problem.

Back in the day, when oh pressing was still wildly popular and the benchpress not so much, people didn't suffer as much from shoulderpain. Sorry for thread necromancy :bitenails:

TRAIN HARD!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Back in the day, when oh pressing was still wildly popular and the benchpress not so much, people didn't suffer as much from shoulderpain.

Not saying I entirely disagree, but bare in mind that "the times when OH pressing was popular" was also a time when there were far less people lifting weights. Pretty easy for people to not have shoulder problems from benching or overhead pressing when they don't do either.

I'd say that shoulder pressing offers another plane of motion that doesn't get trained very effectively. I'd say that most shoulder problems are more about too much pressing, especially in the frontal plane, without enough pulling. Even what a lot of people do for back doesn't help, as they quite often end up with overdeveloped upper traps without appropriate strength and size in the scapular depressors and retractors (lower traps are significantly under developed in the BBer population).