• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Coleman Vs Schwarzenegger

• Schwarzenegger

Votes: 20 32.3%
  • Coleman

Votes: 42 67.7%

• Total voters
Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think Arnold himself would laugh at the idea that he looked better than Ronnie. Don't get me wrong, I love Arnold, if I could look like either I would choose Arnold, but there is no comparison to be made on a bodybuilding level.

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
idk just a theory because i don't see how you can possibly say arnold beats ronnie from a bodybuilding criteria perspective.

which is exactly what all the Muscle Kombats should be judged on. Not how cool Arnold looked in some movie or that you think Arnold had a prettier physique.

In all aspects Ronnie wins hands down. Bigger, more complete, much better conditioning and so on.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This should not even be a contest, Arnold was great at this time and did the most to build the sports popularity. But from a bodybuilding perspective Ronnie wins in every aspect other than calves.
From a personal standpoint Arnold's physique may be more desirable and attainable. But the two generations are apples and oranges and not even fair.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
We apparently I'm going to a) take up golf and b) get ridiculed.

Its Arnold all the way baby! :methman:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
which is exactly what all the Muscle Kombats should be judged on. Not how cool Arnold looked in some movie or that you think Arnold had a prettier physique.

In all aspects Ronnie wins hands down. Bigger, more complete, much better conditioning and so on.

yup exactly. those who vote arnold are judging more on who looks "cooler" or who they would more like to look like. hey even if you don't want to look like ronnie, you got to give the man his due. based on what bodybuilding is judged on, ronnie wins in a total landslide.

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yup exactly. those who vote arnold are judging more on who looks "cooler" or who they would more like to look like. hey even if you don't want to look like ronnie, you got to give the man his due. based on what bodybuilding is judged on, ronnie wins in a total landslide.

Alot of people have different opinions you know, but yes ronnie would win in a olympia 1on1 but arnold is a 70s bodybuillder.. Its 30 years in the future and Arnold loses to a bigger bodybuilder who would of thought?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP

I didn't vote for Arnold for any of the above reasons. I voted for him because out of the 2 he for his time was comparatively the best. True I don't want to look like Ronnie, but I also believe that Ronnie shouldn't have been so rewarded for his freakish looks. As soon as he started losing his aesthetic appeal, he should have been penalised for it. I don't care what bodybuilding 'has' been judged on, I'm more concerned with what I think it should be judged on, a balance of mass and aesthetics.

My 2 cents. :tiphat:

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I didn't vote for Arnold for any of the above reasons. I voted for him because out of the 2 he for his time was comparatively the best. True I don't want to look like Ronnie, but I also believe that Ronnie shouldn't have been so rewarded for his freakish looks. As soon as he started losing his aesthetic appeal, he should have been penalised for it. I don't care what bodybuilding 'has' been judged on, I'm more concerned with what I think it should be judged on, a balance of mass and aesthetics.

Every era have had its freaks right from the beginning of the O with Larry Scott right up till now. The funny thing is that we don't consider Arnold a freak even though he more than likely was considered as one back in the days.
No matter how you look at it a 97-98-99 Ronnie Coleman (those where the years where he looked the best IMO) and put him up against Arnold, Coleman would win hands down.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

a very understandable justification. but what i think you fail to see is what ronnie looked like in the early 90's. the man was highly aesthetic. it seems to me you are judging ronnie more on his olympia wins overall (his reign can be summed up by some as him just being the biggest, most ripped competitor alive) rather than particular years when he was absolutely unreal. even with your criteria factored into the judging equation, i don't see how you can place arnold from any year above say, 99' coleman?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
a very understandable justification. but what i think you fail to see is what ronnie looked like in the early 90's. the man was highly aesthetic. it seems to me you are judging ronnie more on his olympia wins overall (his reign can be summed up by some as him just being the biggest, most ripped competitor alive) rather than particular years when he was absolutely unreal. even with your criteria factored into the judging equation, i don't see how you can place arnold from any year above say, 99' coleman?

It is true that I am much more familiar with Coleman's Olympia wins, but this isn't really surprising since it is meant to be the highest accolade a BB'er can get.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff