• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Cutler looking HUGE!(pics from training camp)

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It is from heavy lifting, but Cutler lifts lighter and gains size by eating crazy amounts of food and "supps".
IMO he needs to start lifting heavier so he can come in looking hard and in better shape. :e5dunno:

I disagree, bro. Of course Jay's lifts are not the heaviest in bussiness, but he still uses more weight than most of other pros.

I mean, for example Phil Heath doesn't go heavier than Jay and he looked really hard in the Ironman.

I believe it's all genetics.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I disagree, bro. Of course Jay's lifts are not the heaviest in bussiness, but he still uses more weight than most of other pros.
Really hard to say.
mvsf1 said:
I mean, for example Phil Heath doesn't go heavier than Jay and he looked really hard in the Ironman.
Gross weight wouldn't be nearly as important in this case as intensity, meaning what percentage of their 1RM they're using on working sets.
mvsf1 said:
I believe it's all genetics.
Meh.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This makes little to no sense though, Ben. Cutler's never been "caught up" in the numbers game and has always stressed volume over, well, anything with proper physiological backing. In all videos and pictures I've seen of him in the years past he's never pulling any more than 405 or squatting the same. If anything moving heavier weights would be what's causing any recent growth, not the opposite.

Yea i know it thats why i was asking about it. Thats what i remember hearing though.

pegasus

pegasus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
100 2129 wm 1

Love this pic, complete size ownage via Jay. The guy on the left is actually in pretty good shape it seems, which really drills in the size of Cutler.

I'm not so sure about this pic, although i do agree with u on the fact that the guy has a decent build, it just seems that the other guy has a really small structure, i mean jay's thist is nearly the same size as that guys head :e5dunno:

OH_Broker

OH_Broker

Jay's just so gosh darn thick. He mentioned in his interview at the Ironman he was going to get back to basics with his training, so hopefully he shows he's serious come Olympia time.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hmm... boulder sized shoulders where they be at?

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Really hard to say.
Easy to say if you watch training vids. Not all guys press (delts) the 160s for more than 12 reps.

Gross weight wouldn't be nearly as important in this case as intensity, meaning what percentage of their 1RM they're using on working sets.
If fact Phil said last year he would start training with much more weight after a training day wth Jay. I remember his words: "He opened my eyes [..]"

Big weights in long sets are really intense, Ronnie Coleman trained that way for 20 years. Ok, I know Ronnie's lifts were insane, but Jay's and Coleman's % of 1RM are most likely the same.

If Ronnie's were intense to you, Jay's should be.

:xyxthumbs:

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
but Jay's and Coleman's % of 1RM are most likely the same

squatting?
deadlifting?

not sure about rowing?
even benching?

H

huumor

yes, he is huge, but is that enough?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Jay dont bench more then 315. Its to risky for him he said.
And he never squats more the 405.
And max deadlift I've seen him do is 495

Big weights for sure. But I think he could do better if he wanted

Bone Yard

Bone Yard

i think lego is releasing a new series...the Jay Cutler series, paying homage to his blocky physique.

jdowden87

jdowden87

when is jay ever not looking huge?

templare1987

templare1987

cutler is huge as hulk, hes a freak

C

cannonball33

He always looks good, whether it's a training camp, or guest posing etc. He looks professional and in shape. Really represents a good image for the sport, which it sorely needs ....

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cutler is HUEG !!

In the picture I would rather be the other dude though... in my opinion people with small frames that have a lot of muscle look better than big dudes with ton of muscle.

The muscle on the small frame dudes seems to shock more, at least for me. I guess since I have somewhat of a little frame I want that to be true xD

I wanna see Jay in great condition this Olympia :3

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I wanna see Jay in great condition this Olympia :3

i also want him to shut up all of us showing what HE IS CAPABLE of, 2008 the best of the best of jay cutler :xyxthumbs:

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i also want him to shut up all of us showing what HE IS CAPABLE of, 2008 the best of the best of jay cutler :xyxthumbs:

Indeed my friend. Jay can be the O for a third time if he brings all he has. But beware for the troops waiting behind wanting his spot at the O.