• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

DCuts85 Supplement Info Thread

DCuts85

DCuts85

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mango said:
for the other person....liquid creatine is fine, but dont waste the money, just stick with the powder, preliquid is more expensive ( i work at GNC i know lol )

QUOTE]

Liquid Creatine is not fine. It is very unstable and has an asobrtion rate that is much lower than powder and caplet form (about 37%). Caplet form is the best and most expensive way to supplement creatine. however, pure Creatine Monohydrate (powder) is the best option. 1000 grams should run you 20 bucks online.

imraan47

imraan47

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
tim290280 said:
I'm thinking about getting raw form powders rather than the standard fare.
http://www.myopure.com.au/About.html

Is this a good avenue or are the companies end products better value than the raw stuff?

I would never buy the stuff that comes i those plastic bags from the health store that i buy my proteins from. My protein must be labelled from a reputable line of production and must be cealed.

imraan47

imraan47

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
CWUTrainer said:
Mango said:
for the other person....liquid creatine is fine, but dont waste the money, just stick with the powder, preliquid is more expensive ( i work at GNC i know lol )

QUOTE]

Liquid Creatine is not fine. It is very unstable and has an asobrtion rate that is much lower than powder and caplet form (about 37%). Caplet form is the best and most expensive way to supplement creatine. however, pure Creatine Monohydrate (powder) is the best option. 1000 grams should run you 20 bucks online.

With regard to Creatine Monohydrate....why is it that some people take it and say oh i am a non-responder to this? is it a myth because for some reason i think they said that on the 1st instance because maybe they didnt take it correctly.

DCuts85

DCuts85

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
imraan47 said:
CWUTrainer said:
With regard to Creatine Monohydrate....why is it that some people take it and say oh i am a non-responder to this? is it a myth because for some reason i think they said that on the 1st instance because maybe they didnt take it correctly.

I think that people are expecting more to come from Creatine, like some sorta anabolic. You can't really "feel" creatine, more of a notice over long term effect....

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think that people are expecting more to come from Creatine, like some sorta anabolic. You can't really "feel" creatine, more of a notice over long term effect....
Interesting.

Recently had a creatine freebie that lasted a month. I thought it did nothing, or that it wasn't actually creatine (it was a creatine "delivery"system mix). Didn't notice any strength or stamina gains, but when I finished the container I noticed a drop off over the next week and a half in 'recovery'.

Not what I was expecting from the reading I had done.

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What do you think of syntha-6 casein protein by BSN? Besides being overpriced, of course.

Also, what do you think of musclemilk? I probably won't ever touch the stuff, but I'm still curious.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
imraan47 said:
Agree.

Please dont agrue w CWU it makes everyone that isnt him look bad, This man knows what he is talking about on so many levels.:2: Thanks fr the trhead CWU, i appreciate your knowledge being here bro.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mango, quit insulting CWU, this is HIS thread, not yours. He has 6 years experience and you have what? not even a year, maybe 2 years, that doesnt even matter. You work at GNC, stop trying to take CWUs thread over.

Ive deleted your post because its a direct insult to CWU, we know you work at GNC and "know it all" but please stop, k thanks

DCuts85

DCuts85

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
miniduck said:
What do you think of syntha-6 casein protein by BSN? Besides being overpriced, of course.

Also, what do you think of musclemilk? I probably won't ever touch the stuff, but I'm still curious.

Mango Response...Minus the bad... "muscle milk is a good protein, also a good fat burner according to what customers have told me...

the syntha-6 ive heard isnt any better than musclemilk, gnc brand protein, nitro-tech or whatever
"

I would agree with the idea that muscle milk is a good protein...as is syntha-6...however, I think some people might be a little confused about protein shakes...so lets break 'em down...

When someone asks..."Is ***** a good protein?"...you have to say.."For WHat?"

All protein is good. It matters what your goals are however... While most bb'ers are looking for a good supplement to your protein intake for post workouts...take the cheapest stuff you can find. ON 100% whey. Its fast, easy to take, cheap and high quality. When you start getting into the MM and Syntha-6...you are starting to get into that MRP realm. I wouldn't recommend either as a post workout shake, unless you can't have a post-workout meal. You need to think...okay what do i need after my workout?...prolly 30-50 grams of whey...nothing more or less....Maybe some simple carbs.

then 40-60 mins later, you eat your meal.

When you can't eat though, then look at these other shakes. MM is more of a morning shake cause I am a fat ass and need to cut out a meal....not a post workout...and Syntha-6....save you money.... KEEP IT SIMPLE!...I say when it comes to protein...you should take three things into consideration..

What you need? Straight Protein? MRP's?
How much you need? Am I gonna be pounding 3 shakes a day?
What I can afford? BSN...MT...or Bob's Protein?

Then lastly...taste...whatever you get make sure you can drink it...if you aren't gonna drink it..your wasting your time...lord knows i have thrown more strawberry flavors away....

imraan47

imraan47

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
CWUTrainer said:
...lord knows i have thrown more strawberry flavors away....

nect time, ship them to me lol :food-snacking:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
CWUTrainer said:
Mango Response...Minus the bad... "muscle milk is a good protein, also a good fat burner according to what customers have told me...

the syntha-6 ive heard isnt any better than musclemilk, gnc brand protein, nitro-tech or whatever
"

I would agree with the idea that muscle milk is a good protein...as is syntha-6...however, I think some people might be a little confused about protein shakes...so lets break 'em down...

When someone asks..."Is ***** a good protein?"...you have to say.."For WHat?"

All protein is good. It matters what your goals are however... While most bb'ers are looking for a good supplement to your protein intake for post workouts...take the cheapest stuff you can find. ON 100% whey. Its fast, easy to take, cheap and high quality. When you start getting into the MM and Syntha-6...you are starting to get into that MRP realm. I wouldn't recommend either as a post workout shake, unless you can't have a post-workout meal. You need to think...okay what do i need after my workout?...prolly 30-50 grams of whey...nothing more or less....Maybe some simple carbs.

then 40-60 mins later, you eat your meal.

When you can't eat though, then look at these other shakes. MM is more of a morning shake cause I am a fat ass and need to cut out a meal....not a post workout...and Syntha-6....save you money.... KEEP IT SIMPLE!...I say when it comes to protein...you should take three things into consideration..

What you need? Straight Protein? MRP's?
How much you need? Am I gonna be pounding 3 shakes a day?
What I can afford? BSN...MT...or Bob's Protein?

Then lastly...taste...whatever you get make sure you can drink it...if you aren't gonna drink it..your wasting your time...lord knows i have thrown more strawberry flavors away....

Thanks for the response. I use the syntha-6 before bed to help me through the night. It tastes like crap (chocolate), but I cut the scoop in half and add a little more each time to get used to it.

For my whey protein, I get it for about $25 at Costco. Sportpharma, low carb whey protein shake. Chocolate flavor (decent taste once you get used to it), and it's 6 lbs. Best one I've found yet. For my pw carbs, I have whole grain bread.

I only got the syntha-6 because it's the only casein protein I could find in gnc/vitamin world (nothing else around here). I need to find a better one. Is there cheaper/better tasting stuff I could find on the internet?

DCuts85

DCuts85

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
miniduck said:
I only got the syntha-6 because it's the only casein protein I could find in gnc/vitamin world (nothing else around here). I need to find a better one. Is there cheaper/better tasting stuff I could find on the internet?

Try Pro-Complex PM....or any "Nighttime Protein" Links Below...
http://www.bestpricenutrition.com/store/item.asp?ITEM_ID=2529
http://www.wholesalesupplementstore...-powder.html?ipsrc=media&reftype=pp&sptype=gg

Pretty Good prices...might get on that second one.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
CWU I have a question about the value of micellar casein.

As far as the night time blends that incorporate caseins and caseinates is there any real difference in the quality of the these proteins to suggest that you should buy 'blend x' because it has micellar casein instead of sodium caseinate? Is there really a difference between them? What's the low down on choosing a night time blend, or is a straight up casein better?

I know some are cheaper to produce, and that there is some concerns about the health effects of some (from memory it was calcium caseinate, not 100% on that).

DCuts85

DCuts85

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
tim290280 said:
CWU I have a question about the value of micellar casein.

As far as the night time blends that incorporate caseins and caseinates is there any real difference in the quality of the these proteins to suggest that you should buy 'blend x' because it has micellar casein instead of sodium caseinate? Is there really a difference between them? What's the low down on choosing a night time blend, or is a straight up casein better?

I know some are cheaper to produce, and that there is some concerns about the health effects of some (from memory it was calcium caseinate, not 100% on that).

I always say, if you can afford it...start off cheap for a while and see what upgradeing does. I did this with Nitrix. I started off with straight L-Arginine, then went to an A-AKG...then Nitrix, and with each upgrade, I could feel the diffrence. However, with something like protein, what matters most is what your getting. Go to a store and look at the facts on the label. Then decide. Here is the deal with protein though. If you were to take the most expensive protein on the market, and compare it to "Brand X" as you put it, you will probably notice nothing in actual gains. However, along the way you may notice things like inigestion, gas, and otehr irratations that can come from low quality proteins. I always say try something...and see what you think. We all react difffrently. I highly doubt though your micellar casein will provide results any more beneficial in terms of gains than sodium casienante.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cheers CWU!

I was uncertain whether there was any support for the more 'exotic' proteins as opposed to the 'cheaper' ones. Seems to be great variance in blends and general supplement prices for these night time proteins. I'd prefer not to pay a premium for minimal results.

DCuts85

DCuts85

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Anything to help..... NOTE TO ALL...if your having trouble finding a supplement that you want...PM me and Ill help. Have some good sources through business relationships

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey i got some questions CWU:)

First one is.

Sonic Protein?
Is this actually worth the hype?
I haven't looked much into it, due to their sites description, it didn't sound
Appealing... i wanted to know mostly about the protein amount ratio to the size of a scoop.

Example. lets say if this "protein" has 24grams per serving, and the serving scoop *one scoop* is like 28grams whats the ratio?

I got a 350$ debit card for buying supplements.
List me 4 goooood supps to
A.lose body fat (not to lose but to help lose it, its impossible to LOSE it from a one supp)

B.provide more energy

C.High protein shake/mix.

Thanks Bro. :)

DCuts85

DCuts85

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hypocrisy86 said:

First one is.

Sonic Protein?
Appealing... i wanted to know mostly about the protein amount ratio to the size of a scoop.

Example. lets say if this "protein" has 24grams per serving, and the serving scoop *one scoop* is like 28grams whats the ratio?

A.lose body fat (not to lose but to help lose it, its impossible to LOSE it from a one supp)

B.provide more energy

Hey bro, I am on vacation right now at my GF's beach house, so I only have dial up. I have a few ideas in minds but I wanna do some reesearch..Ill get back to you on Tuesday after the holiday... (Labor Day here in US)

pretzeL

pretzeL

I am thinking of a crazy combination between Animal Pak, m-stak and pump? think it's an overkill...think it's worth it? Will have to take the energizing pill from either the m-stak or pump since i will be way too amped. but still...would like to hear your thoughts and any1 else on this combo? Also about animal produtcs in general do you think they are just hyped up...or are they any good? ty for your time CWUtrainer. IT is much appreciated! :)

DCuts85

DCuts85

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hypocrisy86 said:

First one is.

Sonic Protein?

B.provide more energy

Your sonic protein is basically regular protein and simple carbs mixed together...sorta meal replacement type of thing. Haven't heard too much about it, but may bot be that bad, however, protein content is super low, only 14 grams a serving.

In response to your ratio question, Just divide the number of grams into the total grams per serving so 24grams protein/ 28 grams total serving equals a ratio of .85 protein.

In response to your ultimate stack....Fatloss...really is a crap shoot...start with the popular supps and try till you find one that works..

With energy, I would go with a pre-workout shake like No-Xplode or Xpand, you'll gfet a nice pump and some good energy.

And with protein...keep it simple with ON 100% Whey.