• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Dennis Wolf trains legs - Road to the Olympia

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this is bullshit man everyone is quick to bag on this guy... the guy is fucking huge of course he has weak points who doesnt? Besides Heath I mean. For people to bag on him man yeah he probably wont ever be Olympia because of those weak points but still the guy puts on a fucking awesome show every year and hes not from America. He brings something different, there are a lot of guys who do full squats and heavy deads like Johnnie J and he looks like shit. Quit baggin support the dude. Thats like calling out Chuck Liddell saying he's a dumbshit or a bitch because his ground game wasnt the best. He'd knocked people out thats what he did. Say it to his face and say it to Wolf's face man I'd love anyone to walk up to Wolf and say "I bet I can squat deeper than you" he would laugh and then is his accent say fuck you I just signed a multimillion dollar deal with Nutrex who are you?

You and others were making excuses for him not squatting properly. I was saying that those are pathetic and nothing but excuses.

I don't care if he doesn't fix up his weakpoints, although it would be a tragic waste, I don't particularly want him to end up like JoJ (as I think he looks crap too), but I do think that squatting like a rookie deserves all the vitriol and admonishments it can get. He is meant to be a pro and showing us how it is done. This is especially so as the video label is "Full Squats" and that is not what he was doing.

Having said that I still remain a fan of the guy, and if offered the chance to train with him I would happily accept and tell him to his face that he should squat better ("should" because it would be good for his development and be better for the joints long term).

H

hook3

Wolf is huge, i have no problem with his training style because he looks freaking awesome... Buuuut, if he wants to make the improvements that kai, phil, and dexter are making... he needs to go to metroflex and get a crashcourse in hardcore and then he needs to go to Armbrust Gym for a crashcourse in squats. Him saying " full squats" is like when Gustavo Badell was doing curls and saying " ALL NATURAL!!"

hahaha found the clip

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just saw the vid, those squats were horrible to say the least...and its bullshit that he cant squat right cuz he is "tall". Im almost 6'2" and do full squats and i deadlift, so its all bullshit, lazy fuck who is wasting genetics...imagine a guy like branch warren or other real hard working pro's with those genetics!

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
with squats like that i hope he doesnt get top 6. his hams and glutes are going to be off again. woooooooooooo. Tell me how this sort of training is good for the sport? for example, A gym goer looking for inspiration googles squat video sees some big bastard(wolf) doing quarter squats with pussy weight. He immediately concludes his assumption that all bodybuilders are is drugs and pussies. He disses bodybuilding to 10+ friends who then diss bodybuilding to 5+friends all because wolf squatted worse then duality.

cereal

cereal

I'm as tall as Wolf, 5'11", and I can easily go below parallel, so that that "can't do full squat" talk is bs.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'll add to the thread that I'm almost 6'1" and I squat to the ground for most of my sets. Occasionally I switch it up and go to parallel, but for the most part I'm ass to grass.

I have no problem squatting to the ground. It's a long way down (especially for my long legs), but I do it.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'll add to the thread that I'm almost 6'1" and I squat to the ground for most of my sets. Occasionally I switch it up and go to parallel, but for the most part I'm ass to grass.

I have no problem squatting to the ground. It's a long way down (especially for my long legs), but I do it.

exactly, being 180 cm (which is just average height btw, maybe not in bbing but in the rest of society) is not an excuse for not squatting properly.

oh, and whats this shit about wolf doing it to avoid injuries?! how does squatting like he does help prevent injury? if anything it puts tremendous extra stress on his knees.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
oh, and whats this shit about wolf doing it to avoid injuries?! how does squatting like he does help prevent injury? if anything it puts tremendous extra stress on his knees.
Yep, far more stress on the knees squatting above parallel.

The whole "squatting to the ground is dangerous" myth gets on my nerves.

Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Why can't he work out like Ronnie? Damn you Wolf and your quarter squats. A pro bber should be wiser.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Lanois

Lanois

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the guy has had a recent hernia, and is about 2weeks out of the O? I just don't see the big deal about wolf being better safe than sorry

Bhana

Bhana

Ronnie was 5'11 and would squat to parallel all the time! If he wanted to be safer, he could always use a little less weight and user a longer ROM. Im 5'11 and have no problem squatting A2G

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Ronnie isn't 5'11".
the guy has had a recent hernia, and is about 2weeks out of the O? I just don't see the big deal about wolf being better safe than sorry

Hernia isn't affected by the depth of the squat. If he was scarred about a hernia he'd be doing a full ROM because you use less weight. If he wasn't able to lift because of a hernia he wouldn't be doing any lifting at all, let alone some lameo half squats.

But you can keep making excuses for the guy.

Lanois

Lanois

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Ronnie isn't 5'11".

Hernia isn't affected by the depth of the squat. If he was scarred about a hernia he'd be doing a full ROM because you use less weight. If he wasn't able to lift because of a hernia he wouldn't be doing any lifting at all, let alone some lameo half squats.

But you can keep making excuses for the guy.

he made that excuse himself in an interview.