• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

DeSean Jackson is a Douche

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the kid is a hell of a talent and being a die hard eagle fan ive read up on him alot and even though he is a confident kid he isnt chad "ocho cinco" or TO crazy. no doubt it was a very bonehead play but the way i look at it is its done he wont do it again and he didnt cost the team much. as for the hs game it was an allstar game and even though that doesnt excuse him its not nearly as bad. this kid is going to be a better steve smith and along with westbrook and mcnabb will make the eagle offense a force to be reckon with.

i agree with you there that he is not on the level of obnoxiousness or cockiness of a TO or chad. but still this is a huge blunder that would not have been made by a humble player. you'd have to be mighty thick skulled to not learn from this (then again he has done it prior...) and i think a fine from the team would help drive home the point; stop being so cocky and just play football.

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What an idiot. If I was the coach I'd probably sit his ass on the bench for at least a game.

:disgust:

The embarrassment of the situation should be enough of a punishment.. playing consistently well then making 1 mistake doesn't warrant benching someone.
If he does it again he certainly is a douche

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
chad "ocho cinco".

At least he celibrates after he scores not before :keke:

Also I like his antics I think they are funny. He normally does them on the sidelines or after a touchdown before anything else is happening.. These other guys just celebrate whenever.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If he had done it two or three yards into the end-zone it wouldn't be looked on as an act of arrogance but instead standard fare. What you have here is an inexperienced player who made a mistake. Kudos to both you and Flex for comparing him to the crème de la crème of class acts in the NFL of the past decade. Such a comparison between a rookie with a [slightly] streaky past and some of the more humble seasoned veterans in professional sports is certainly warranted here.
So what if he's a rookie? Barry Sanders was no different when he was that young.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
So what if he's a rookie? Barry Sanders was no different when he was that young.
It's incredible how you equally ignore my points and continue to compare someone under completely different circumstances to one of the most respective players ever.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's incredible how you equally ignore my points and continue to compare someone under completely different circumstances to one of the most respective players ever.

How did I ignore your posts? Anyways, your making a mountain out of a moat hole in this thread Line.

I stated my opinion and that's not going to change.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ironic considering the thread's title. :wutyousay:
Yep.

I don't follow football that closely anymore and I really don't know anything about DeSean Jackson. This is all I had to see and my opinion is that he's a douche.

:wutyousay:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

one of your points was that it was a rookie mistake. flex rebutted by saying that isn't an excuse to make such a massive mistake (he may be a rookie, but he's been playing football his whole life) and then to illustrate his point posted a vid that showed sanders at similar age and not only when he was not a rookie, but before his career even started in the NFL.

point was not ignored. circumstances not different. good job flex. no excuses for jackson.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
one of your points was that it was a rookie mistake. flex rebutted by saying that isn't an excuse to make such a massive mistake (he may be a rookie, but he's been playing football his whole life)
Please don't compare other levels of football to playing in the NFL. Also, wouldn't a "massive mistake" actually have an effect on the game's outcome?
Duality said:
What he did was stupid but, again, it's being blown way out of proportion.
Yes.
Duality said:
and then to illustrate his point posted a vid that showed sanders at similar age and not only when he was not a rookie, but before his career even started in the NFL.
See below.
Duality said:
point was not ignored. circumstances not different. good job flex. no excuses for jackson.
Yes, the circumstances are different and there's certainly a insinewed cultural shift when it comes to what is and what is not commonplace celebration practices. Still, this remains far from my actual point which stated that you cannot hold every rookie up to the standards of the games most morally competent players (which was ignored). My main qualm was that Flex saw something he thought was stupid and immediately labeled a player a douche which is a fairly shallow observation and is more likely due to his living on the western side of a certain state.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Eh, I don't agree with fining him or suspending him. I think Andy Reid should just keep him after practice individually, give him a football, and make him run from end zone to end zone holding the ball the entire time, until the point where his legs collapse but he's still holding the ball.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Eh, I don't agree with fining him or suspending him. I think Andy Reid should just keep him after practice individually, give him a football, and make him run from end zone to end zone holding the ball the entire time, until the point where his legs collapse but he's still holding the ball.
I support this.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Please don't compare other levels of football to playing in the NFL. Also, wouldn't a "massive mistake" actually have an effect on the game's outcome?
It easily could of been a massive mistake. He's lucky they scored or that it wasn't labeled a fumble.

Yes, the circumstances are different and there's certainly a insinewed cultural shift when it comes to what is and what is not commonplace celebration practices. Still, this remains far from my actual point which stated that you cannot hold every rookie up to the standards of the games most morally competent players (which was ignored). My main qualm was that Flex saw something he thought was stupid and immediately labeled a player a douche which is a fairly shallow observation and is more likely due to his living on the western side of a certain state.
He threw the ball early trying to look cool, but instead let go of the ball too early making himself look like an ass. Therefore, he's a douche.

Don't get sand in your vagina just because he's your favorite player.

:keke:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It easily could of been a massive mistake. He's lucky they scored or that it wasn't labeled a fumble.

He threw the ball early trying to look cool, but instead let go of the ball too early making himself look like an ass. Therefore, he's a douche.

i support this

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I support the poop tag

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP

Favorite player? I'm not even a diehard Eagles fan. :wutyousay:

Steelers are going down, bitch. :linedrunk:
i support this
Cute. Really.