• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Dexter Jackson Mr.Olympia 2008?

Can Dexter win the big one?

• Yes

Votes: 38 28.8%
  • No

Votes: 94 71.2%

• Total voters
D

d.capodiferro

no way in hell he can win.
if he won it would mean the sport lacks real bbers.
anyway i noticed a funny thing:
phil's defeat at asc has been enough to make him disappear from threads here.
now it's only about dexter. how will it last?

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The highest I ever see him placing is second, but I highly doubt he will ever be a Mr. O. He should be happy with his three ASC titles and his third place finishes because I do not see it going any farther than that. When you start putting guys like Jay Cutler, Victor Martinez, the new Dennis Wolf, and new Phil Heath his chances get slimmer and slimmer.

T

Tappi

Dude are you joking, Dexter next Mr.O?
First off all, we have those pussy ass judges who wont judge it by whos the best......
Second, as sayed before Dexter would need to get some mass, I just watched Mr.O 99 and he looked just the same, maeby his back is little better now days and his bit more rounded.
And third when hes standing with guys like Dennis Wolf, its just like father and son. So I dont believe that any near future Dexter is going to be the numer 1 man...

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I dont think this Saturday's result will have any bearing on the outcome of the Olympia. As we saw from last week's event, Dexter had absolutely no trouble at all winning from quite a weak field, so I see no reason why he wont do the same this week.

RealDeal2099

RealDeal2099

Dexter's quad separation looks improved in that picture. He has never finished second in the Olympia, but if Victor competes, I think it will be much more competative between the two of them than last year.

B

benmoneyog

it all depends if victor comes back for it and looks like he did last year or a little bit better but if no victor than dexter has second locked up Jay has to have a real noticable injury in order for dex to get the title he deserves

tp_88

tp_88

If Jay comes in the way he did last year I don't think they can give it to him again. If he is in like -06 condition (which still isn't THAT good) I think he'll win it though.

But Dex sure has a chance! Maybe even Wolf, Kai and Phil if they absolutely nail it and have made some improvements.

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes!!! no way jays is beating him if comes in looking the way he did at the last o

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He does not look like a Mr. O to me, fantastic bodybuilder - yes, but he just lacks that something special. That being said, he is good enough to beat an off Cutler, and if Victor is not there (or is but is way off) and Wolf is not as good as last year, then I suppose he has a chance, as we have allready seen the judges give him the nod over a very good Heath.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Cutsjr

Cutsjr

Dude are you joking, Dexter next Mr.O?
First off all, we have those pussy ass judges who wont judge it by whos the best......
Second, as sayed before Dexter would need to get some mass, I just watched Mr.O 99 and he looked just the same, maeby his back is little better now days and his bit more rounded.
And third when hes standing with guys like Dennis Wolf, its just like father and son. So I dont believe that any near future Dexter is going to be the numer 1 man...
Your Judges comment is way off. Are you sitting directly in front of the competitors? Do you know and follow the IFBB rules? No you don't, so before you call the judges childish names, get some knowledge.

T

Tappi

Your Judges comment is way off. Are you sitting directly in front of the competitors? Do you know and follow the IFBB rules? No you don't, so before you call the judges childish names, get some knowledge.

Dude get real... You really thinked Jay was better in 2007 than Victor...? Its like Jay sayd everythime he loosed the win for Ronnie "Judges wont make changes" and Shawn has said it millions of times... And dont forget 1994 Mr.O and Yates win whit that torn bicep... Lets add European card in the pot, guys from elsewhere of America are having hard times to get placings they should have...

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dude get real... You really thinked Jay was better in 2007 than Victor...? Its like Jay sayd everythime he loosed the win for Ronnie "Judges wont make changes" and Shawn has said it millions of times... And dont forget 1994 Mr.O and Yates win whit that torn bicep... Lets add European card in the pot, guys from elsewhere of America are having hard times to get placings they should have...

totally agree with you bro and it's a shame that it is judged that way. were gonna have jay "the maytag" cutler being our champ until the judges decide to judge it properly or jay just comes in looking like a big blocky fridge.....wait..... too late:keke:

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I voted no. I just can't see Dexter taking the big one. He is just too small even though he is one of the best conditioned guy's on stage. Overall size just counts too much nowadays.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I have plenty of knowledge. The judges don't go by who's best at the Olympia. Deal with it.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Owned.

Dex will not win. Cutler is my pick.

MetalMX

MetalMX

Have a feeling cutler will come looking awesome this year. I only think Phil and Wolf have a chance to take him though.

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i voted "yes" and he would win, if and only if a certain 3 or 4 people absolutley fuck it up.. a la victor, jay, dennis, and trey