• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Dexter seemed to disrespect the OAK

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
i think arnold was quite embarassed because the winner of the competition that rapresent himself is not the kind of body should have.
i don't think he likes small and "pretty" bbers like dexter
No, YOU don't like smaller, more aesthetically pleasing bodybuilders like Dexter. Get over it already.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Arnold's questions did seem stagnant and lame, but Dex can be a little odd at times (not necessarily in this situation, though). He guest posed here a couple of years ago, and after doing a semi-routine for just over a minute he walked offstage. The promoter came back and said that Dex would come back out if we made some more noise (we were pretty loud before, seeing as how there was only 300 of us or so there). We screamed our guts out, whereupon Dex decided to come back out and finish his routine.

Just a little weird:dunnodude:

D

d.capodiferro

No, YOU don't like smaller, more aesthetically pleasing bodybuilders like Dexter. Get over it already.

here it's not about my opinion.
i just hoped the symbol of bb considers the sport just the way i consider it.
i'd be surprised if he liked a guy like dex.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
here it's not about my opinion.
i just hoped the symbol of bb considers the sport just the way i consider it.
i'd be surprised if he liked a guy like dex.
You're being so assumptive its ridiculous. Do you realize what the difference is in terms of the height/weight ratio between Arnold in his prime and Dexter? I'll give you a hint, Dexter's bigger.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Arnold's questions did seem stagnant and lame, but Dex can be a little odd at times (not necessarily in this situation, though). He guest posed here a couple of years ago, and after doing a semi-routine for just over a minute he walked offstage. The promoter came back and said that Dex would come back out if we made some more noise (we were pretty loud before, seeing as how there was only 300 of us or so there). We screamed our guts out, whereupon Dex decided to come back out and finish his routine.

Just a little weird:dunnodude:

sounds like an arrogant dickhead, that is also the impression i get from the interviews and so with him. he obviously looks at himself as gods gift to bodybuilding.

D

d.capodiferro

You're being so assumptive its ridiculous. Do you realize what the difference is in terms of the height/weight ratio between Arnold in his prime and Dexter? I'll give you a hint, Dexter's bigger.

it's not about this, again.
for example, arnold was the jay cutler of his time, lou the ronnie coleman and (the worst of the three) nubret was the dexter jacKson.
no doubt arnold likes his own kind of physique's guys

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ive never liked Dexter's attitude in any video of him or interview..

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
it's not about this, again.
for example, arnold was the jay cutler of his time, lou the ronnie coleman and (the worst of the three) nubret was the dexter jacKson.
no doubt arnold likes his own kind of physique's guys
What your saying makes absolutely no sense. These comparisons you're drawing are so far fetched and fabricated that it's hard to imagine coming up with worse ones. Please stop trying.

D

d.capodiferro

What your saying makes absolutely no sense. These comparisons you're drawing are so far fetched and fabricated that it's hard to imagine coming up with worse ones. Please stop trying.

now that you can't catch the similarity i proposed and that you don't understand which could be the thoughts by a guy like arnold about a guy like dex, i'm sure you can't really appreciate the sport.
how can you like bb ignoring what is all about?
it's like the good against the bad: arnold vs nubret or zane;
yates vs flex;
ronnie vs dex or cutler vs martinez.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
now that you can't catch the similarity i proposed and that you don't understand which could be the thoughts by a guy like arnold about a guy like dex, i'm sure you can't really appreciate the sport.
how can you like bb ignoring what is all about?
it's like the good against the bad: arnold vs nubret or zane;
yates vs flex;
ronnie vs dex or cutler vs martinez.
The fact that you're even trying to compare our understanding the of the sport or our capabilities in a psychoanalytic realm is ridiculous. I crush you in both. Your comparison sucks and the sooner you realize that this glorified ideology you have regarding golden era mythologies are fraudulent the sooner you might be a half-way decent or insightful poster. Good versus evil? Spare me. You list no qualifications or attributes at all as per what would make one athlete good and another evil, as if just the task of trying to overcome a previous champion is enough to make this distinction. Back then bodybuilding was a much more personable sport than it is now, but that is not to say that the athletes of our era don't know each other well; it's just more about personal vendetta now as opposed to the competitive one of year's past.

Now run along before you hurt yourself.

_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I didn't see anything wrong with Dexter's speach. He said it was a dream win the AC and answers the question (about training) very directly, no problem at all.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The fact that you're even trying to compare our understanding the of the sport or our capabilities in a psychoanalytic realm is ridiculous. I crush you in both. Your comparison sucks and the sooner you realize that this glorified ideology you have regarding golden era mythologies are fraudulent the sooner you might be a half-way decent or insightful poster. Good versus evil? Spare me. You list no qualifications or attributes at all as per what would make one athlete good and another evil, as if just the task of trying to overcome a previous champion is enough to make this distinction. Back then bodybuilding was a much more personable sport than it is now, but that is not to say that the athletes of our era don't know each other well; it's just more about personal vendetta now as opposed to the competitive one of year's past.

Now run along before you hurt yourself.

alright man for being an admin your just being a tad too condescending, sarcastic and just plain mean in your responses to this guy. i do agree that his comparisons and reasoning are a little hard to understand but i do in a way get what he's saying (but i do think the arnold classic is more in favor of the aesthitic bbers like dexter, but i think that's better for the sport). but you saying you "crush" someone and then proceeding to insult him (something he never did towards you in his posts) is just unnecessary and immature. you call him very presumptious in his claims and this is true because who is he to know what arnold favors? but saying you would crush someone and then belittle them as you would a child without knowing anything about them is no different and just as uneducated a claim as the one he made.

and in regards to the topic, those questions were not very good and put dex in a spot where he kinda had to joke around. i don't think he meant any disrespect to the oak though :tiphat:

D

d.capodiferro

alright man for being an admin your just being a tad too condescending, sarcastic and just plain mean in your responses to this guy. i do agree that his comparisons and reasoning are a little hard to understand but i do in a way get what he's saying (but i do think the arnold classic is more in favor of the aesthitic bbers like dexter, but i think that's better for the sport). but you saying you "crush" someone and then proceeding to insult him (something he never did towards you in his posts) is just unnecessary and immature. you call him very presumptious in his claims and this is true because who is he to know what arnold favors? but saying you would crush someone and then belittle them as you would a child without knowing anything about them is no different and just as uneducated a claim as the one he made.

and in regards to the topic, those questions were not very good and put dex in a spot where he kinda had to joke around. i don't think he meant any disrespect to the oak though :tiphat:

thank you for the support, anyway i think my comparisons are not hard to understand.
dexter is very similar to nubret:small and pretty bbers who's never gonna win a mr olympia because he lacks what it takes to win:muscle.
also, i don't know about dex but reading this thread many people consider him not a friendly man. the same for serge:i read an interview where he seemed a little arrogant and disliked mass monsterification of the sport(which i like), pointing out his beautiful proportions.
about line, he is supposed to be a great and more experienced bber than me so i have to respect him whatever he says.
definitely the sport is not about what you say or write but what you do and how you do it.
i just like to read some news here and express my opinion, without being influenced by anyone.

justrelaxin

justrelaxin

i don't think he disrespect arnold...he just put some good showman answers on the interview. he took the croud well of his jokes and i liked it.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
alright man for being an admin your just being a tad too condescending, sarcastic and just plain mean in your responses to this guy.
I'm a member of the board, just as everyone else is. Yes, I'm a bit more representative than most due to my status but it's mostly to help out with things regarding the advancement of the board. My actual attitude has been the same from the time I joined BBD all the way until now. If you had realized the history between he and I maybe you would get where the sarcastic attitude comes from, although as noted, I've always been this way and most people seem to find it charming. :hsughr:
20inchgunstucson said:
i do agree that his comparisons and reasoning are a little hard to understand but i do in a way get what he's saying (but i do think the arnold classic is more in favor of the aesthitic bbers like dexter, but i think that's better for the sport).
The doesn't typically favor the more aesthetic bodybuilders, its typically a better judged show (2004 excluded).
20inchgunstucson said:
but you saying you "crush" someone and then proceeding to insult him (something he never did towards you in his posts) is just unnecessary and immature.
I do in both. I'm trying to get it through to him that if he's looking for an argument he can win he should look elsewhere. I think my record of understanding and associating philosophical concepts with projected instances outside of a normally analyzed realm speaks for itself. Aside from this, I was taken aback when he claimed that I "can't really appreciate the sport" and am "ignoring what [bodybuilding] is all about". So instead of just attacking my tone I think it'd be more constructive to actually assess the claims he's been making and decide what merit they have.
20inchgunstucson said:
you call him very presumptious in his claims and this is true because who is he to know what arnold favors? but saying you would crush someone and then belittle them as you would a child without knowing anything about them is no different and just as uneducated a claim as the one he made.
Go back and read some of the "debates" we've had outside of this thread. You're simply butting in on the tail end of something that's been ongoing for quite some time. This incident is not a singularity.
20inchgunstucson said:
:tiphat:
thank you for the support, anyway i think my comparisons are not hard to understand.
dexter is very similar to nubret:small and pretty bbers who's never gonna win a mr olympia because he lacks what it takes to win:muscle.
I don't remember Arnold's critique of Nubret as being in any way a bad bodybuilder, or the worst of he, Arnold, and Ferrigno. If anything Dexter would be closer to Columbo as the amount of mass he carries on his frame is phenomenal and he certainly holds his own in going pose-for-pose with bigger athletes.
d.capodiferro said:
also, i don't know about dex but reading this thread many people consider him not a friendly man. the same for serge:i read an interview where he seemed a little arrogant and disliked mass monsterification of the sport(which i like), pointing out his beautiful proportions.
Dexter realizes his capabilities and the criterion in which the judges look for. I've read several interviews with him and he never came across as having some unfilled vendetta against mass monsters. I believe he had nothing but respect for Ronnie in his prime, but the man does also understand proportions and shape as his potential is limitless here.
d.capodiferro said:
about line, he is supposed to be a great and more experienced bber than me so i have to respect him whatever he says.
definitely the sport is not about what you say or write but what you do and how you do it.
i just like to read some news here and express my opinion, without being influenced by anyone.
Fair enough. If you're interested, I will have pics new pics coming up (fairly) soon.
d.capodiferro said:
what is the meaning of this sentence?
I just meant pick arguments that you can win, but said it in a cocky way. :coolguy:

D

d.capodiferro

I bf anything Dexter would be closer to Columbo as the amount of mass he carries on his frame is phenomenal and he certainly holds his own in going pose-for-pose with bigger athletes.

that's something i really can't understand:i suppose it's clear lou plays the part of the big man. dexter is the complete opposite:he is always(at least when he compete with major bbers) the smaller guy who manages to survive thanks to his supposed armony an beauty(by the way i personally don't even like his aesthetics).
besides this, i don't remember if was the italian or the american speaker that, at the last olympia, told dex's best is behind him and he won't do but getting worse and worse at next mr olympias and i agree.
unless other injuries or unexpected trouble to the top guys, meaning cutler and wolf(that i really like) or martinez an heath(that i like a little more than dex but not so much).
hopefully (i know many consider me crazy)in 2009 he will be even behind ronnie.
to line:who do you prefere in the supremely aesthetic contest beetwen phil and dex at the moment? i'm just curious, because i find your tastes really strange

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
that's something i really can't understand:i suppose it's clear lou plays the part of the big man. dexter is the complete opposite:he is always(at least when he compete with major bbers) the smaller guy who manages to survive thanks to his supposed armony an beauty(by the way i personally don't even like his aesthetics).
You don't like any aesthetically-based bodybuilders from what you've led on. Once again, this is old territory.
d.capodiferro said:
besides this, i don't remember if was the italian or the american speaker that, at the last olympia, told dex's best is behind him and he won't do but getting worse and worse at next mr olympias and i agree.
Well, then you're wrong. He's already managed to maintain his shape and condition while adding more since since the Olympia. Thus, he's already bettered his last outing prior to the AC.
d.capodiferro said:
hopefully (i know many consider me crazy)in 2009 he will be even behind ronnie.
Behind Ronnie how? Ronnie's injured and not competing now. Could you clarify this a bit?
d.capodiferro said:
to line:who do you prefere in the supremely aesthetic contest beetwen phil and dex at the moment? i'm just curious, because i find your tastes really strange
Preference has nothing to do with it. The representative "tastes" in my posts are accurate reflections of what the judging mandates an award winning physique to be. Regardless, personally I'd rather have Phil's physique but I find Dexter to be more complete at the moment.

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
man this thread is lasting a LONG time.lol