• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Do More Pull Ups

skid9832004

skid9832004

i do pullups/chin ups with my palms facing one another... what kind of results should i expext from this? i feel this allows a better range of motion because i can stretch further down, but are there any injury risks? (aside from those that come with impropper form)

opinions/input/views?

i also do regular pull-ups too

doing palms facing each other is fine its just another variation it works the lower lats more and you do feel more of a stretch

J

jolly roger

Awesome articles and posts. It's got me stoked.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Doing pull-ups with 5kg DBs in your pockets is dangerous, no matter how tight you do that drawstring up they always start going south. I need to get me a chain.

jsfitnessking

jsfitnessking

i agree 100%, pull-ups are a staple for a great back, for width density and condition. i love to do them.

frezzy

frezzy

Thanks Pain, I'm definitely going to start throwing in some pull ups in my back routine!

mgballa4life

mgballa4life

ever since i started working out about 2 years ago, my dad made my cousin (skid) and i do pullups to start each of our workouts like skid stated. we both started on the assisted pullup machine and worked our asses off and decreased the weight more and more until we just hopped up onto the pullup bar and banged out about 4-8. we just kept doing more each workout and at one point we were able to do 4 sets of 10 with a 45 lb plate strapped around our waist.

at this point in time my max is about 35 on a good day and between 28-30 on an off day. and my lats just keep expanding. recently we began incorporating different styles of pullups into out warmups. i now do wide grip pullups for 2-3 sets of 15 then narrow grip pullups with palms facing each other for 2-3 sets then shoulder width pullups with palms facing each other for 2-3 sets of as many as possible (by now my back is completely worn out and fatigued). sometimes ill switch it up strap a plate around my waist for some added weight.

all in all i have to thank pullups fr the width of my lats.

mgballa4life

mgballa4life

Doing pull-ups with 5kg DBs in your pockets is dangerous, no matter how tight you do that drawstring up they always start going south. I need to get me a chain.

:49::49::49: u should stick the dumbbell between ur legs and hold it up that way if u dont have a belt

mgballa4life

mgballa4life

this is where im at so far and a lot of thanks goes out to pullups. (these were taken just a few min ago)

Attachments

• Photo 54.jpg
    Photo 54.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 34
  • Photo 122.jpg
    Photo 122.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Photo 129.jpg
    Photo 129.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 33