• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Dorian vs Ronnie 96 Olympia

Canabalistic Turnip

Canabalistic Turnip

Dorian out massed Ronnie there thats why he took it.

Probably why Ronnie plays the size game as well

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It was a bummer that Levrone's back wasn't as wide from the front that year. He could've eclipsed Ray if it had been.

Sad about Nasser's DQ though.

Big MD

Big MD

Wow, he has really changed over the years. I liked him better back then

D

danimalmax22

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
pleasepleaseplease someone provide an explanation as to what the hell is wrong with dillet in this video

Big MD

Big MD

Besides from him being insanley huge, he just cant hold poses for shit. And cant pose for shit either. Its been talked about a couple times, and thats one of the reasons he didnt do as good as he could have. Couldnt present his physique very well

D

danimalmax22

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
no one had the heart to tell him "hey, be still, you're moving too much" ?

wallyprice

wallyprice

Ronnie beats Dorian Hands down. Ronnie took the size to another level.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ronnie in 2003 was unbeatable.

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^

So was Ronnie in 1999. Flex was close though but not close enough. Ron was more aesthetic back in 1999 than he was in 2003 but as we all know he was more muscular in 2003. I still prefer Ronnie's 1999 form.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
B

Batmanx007

THE JUDGES MUST NOT HAVE THOUGHT RONNIE LOOKED THAT GOOD IF HE DID HE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN IN 6TH PLACE ALL OF YOU RONNIE WORSHIPERS. WHY DONT YALL JUST GET OVER IT!
The IFBB is very political, Ronnie was not a Weider athlete then, nor had he paid his dues at that point. When he became a Weider athlete, he won. Irony?

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
interesting Batman...

ronnie brought it to the show!!
03' he was def' the best.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
man i know the glute/ham area sometimes gets too much attention when judging physiques in back shots.....but shit, ronnie fucking SLAUGHTERS dorian. ronnie looks like his lower half is made out of plastic it's so hard and dry.

edit: sorry if this post sounded a little gay

MetalMX

MetalMX

So Hard and Dry Mmmmmmmm...

:trickysmiliey:

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Everyon knows I am a big Dorian fan but there is no question about this, Ronnie wins. Theres certain muscle groups that Dorian is stronger in than Ronnie, obv Dorians calves, his triceps and also his abs imo. But Ronnies overall package and mass just dimineshes Ronnie.

Times have changed and keep changing...I can't imagine a comparison pics of a bodybuilder in about 10 years that clearly dwarfes In most poses if not all?!

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
OK let me HELP you guys see things from a different angle.... in 1996 when they "gave a war and both Ronnie and Dorian showed up" ... Dorian was 34 Ronnie 32. They both trained presumably using the same "technology" available at the time. No one from Dorians camp went to Ronnies and stabbed him in the ribs or anything! When they showed up at the Olympia Dorian won with a considerable margin!
End of Story!
Now why compare a Ronnie that had trained 7 years more than the 96 Dorian.... every year Bodybuilders get "braver and braver" with the stuff they use. My point is when both were competing there was NOT much of a difference between their ages, both trained their hearts out, both were using the "prevalent technology".... and on the stage Dorian beat Ronnie EVERY F***ING INSTANCE!!!